Zahru's Imperial army

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Postby Nitewatchman » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:26 pm

It says $15 for those knight fellows, but I suppose it might get closer to $20 with shipping.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
User avatar
Nitewatchman
Galidor
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:51 pm

They were talking in Euros.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Bennanteno » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:50 pm

When I went to the page it said 15 USD.
User avatar
Bennanteno
Officer
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:05 am
Location: Washington

Postby Nitewatchman » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:29 pm

OneEye589 wrote:They were talking in Euros.


Pesgores was saying that euros translated into $US as 20.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
User avatar
Nitewatchman
Galidor
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.

Postby OneEye589 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:33 am

Nitewatchman wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:They were talking in Euros.


Pesgores was saying that euros translated into $US as 20.


Yea, he was saying that it is unfair that it costs the equivalent of $20 in Europe when people in the US can get it for $15. This is without shipping. They have to pay an extra $5.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby pesgores » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:13 am

OneEye589 wrote:
Nitewatchman wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:They were talking in Euros.


Pesgores was saying that euros translated into $US as 20.


Yea, he was saying that it is unfair that it costs the equivalent of $20 in Europe when people in the US can get it for $15. This is without shipping. They have to pay an extra $5.


An extra 5-fucking-euros.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
Image
User avatar
pesgores
The Dear Leader
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am
Location: Looking for baseplates

Postby 64mas » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:33 am

no, 5-fucking-dollars
User avatar
64mas
Champion
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:21 pm

Postby tahthing » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:25 am

currences are not equal there are diffrent exchange rates the euro is diffrent from the dollar.
20 euros is not more than 15dollars
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
User avatar
tahthing
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:02 pm
Location: Supprised this account isn't

Postby pesgores » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:17 am

64mas wrote:no, 5-fucking-dollars


Ya, that, lol.

It's still something. Let's say...a wasted small meal.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
Image
User avatar
pesgores
The Dear Leader
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am
Location: Looking for baseplates

Postby Nitewatchman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:41 pm

That is a bit silly, considering the manufacturer is closer to Europeans than Americans.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
User avatar
Nitewatchman
Galidor
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:53 pm

tahthing wrote:currences are not equal there are diffrent exchange rates the euro is diffrent from the dollar.
20 euros is not more than 15dollars


Oh it's not?

Funny, because from what I can see, one U.S. dollar is equivalent to 0.760051684 Euros. Therefore, fifteen U.S. dollars is equivalent to 11.4007753 Euros.

So twenty Euros would be 26.31400 U.S. dollars. Pretty sure that $26 is bigger than $15.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby tahthing » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:05 pm

OneEye589 wrote:
tahthing wrote:currences are not equal there are diffrent exchange rates the euro is diffrent from the dollar.
20 euros is not more than 15dollars


Oh it's not?

Funny, because from what I can see, one U.S. dollar is equivalent to 0.760051684 Euros. Therefore, fifteen U.S. dollars is equivalent to 11.4007753 Euros.

So twenty Euros would be 26.31400 U.S. dollars. Pretty sure that $26 is bigger than $15.


i was just saying that exchange rates differ and are not 1-1
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
User avatar
tahthing
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:02 pm
Location: Supprised this account isn't

Postby Rody » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:58 am

tahthing wrote:i was just saying that exchange rates differ and are not 1-1



and precisely that is what is upsetting pesgore, because instead of calculating the exchange rate, they simply substitute the $ sign with the € sign and stopped at that.

thus resulting in a single set that costs $15 (€11.40) in the US and €15 in Europe.

which he finds unfair.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:17 am

tahthing wrote:20 euros is not more than 15dollars


Yes, you were saying that they were not in a one-to-one ratio, but you had it backwards.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby tahthing » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:21 pm

OneEye589 wrote:
tahthing wrote:20 euros is not more than 15dollars


Yes, you were saying that they were not in a one-to-one ratio, but you had it backwards.


i was makeing a guess based on lego priceing yet there over priceing on the euro
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
User avatar
tahthing
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:02 pm
Location: Supprised this account isn't

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest