The 501st

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

The 501st

Postby 501stCadians » Fri May 08, 2009 4:53 pm

As it says on the Wiki, my small battle force is from the planet Cadia from the Warhammer 40k universe.
The 501st Irregulars
Brief History: The 501st is relatively new to the front, having spent many years training into a incredibly elite force Specializing in Siege and mountain work, they were highly successful in breaching Valdeks Fortress in the Nod-GAI(General Attack Initiative) in 2008. They helped end the war swiftly. Now for the stuffs! Yeah! Image
My main battle tank, the Annihilator. It's good in the mountains and is easy to camouflage to small size. However, its large calibre gun makes it excel at knocking out light to medium armoured tanks and armoured cars. The cannon can also fire up to ten Rail gun rounds to allow it to deal heavier targets. Image Image
Nets can also be used to help hide the Tank. Image
The inside. To the left is the main gunner/Radioman/Commander. TO the right is driver/hull MG man. These men are highly trained. Image
501st Basic Infantry are deployed in small squads with radios and heavy weapons to deal with armoured threats. Here they are armed with a multi-shot missile launcher, a two shot disposable missile launcher, and mortar. The guy with the orange arms it an officer. Image
These are the normal guys from the command squad. The command squad has Master-Radioman, Medic, Stretcher man, and twin-MG armed repairbot. Image
These are the commanders, Commissar Von Blacke and Colonel Alexios. There with the command squad. Image
Gun drones are deployed in big bunches and used to annoy the hell out of enemy’.
here’s how to build one. Image
The Hellfury assault fighter, designed to take out super-heavy’s and enemy bombers and even starships. Image
The four railguns, two autocannons, 5cm Cannon and railguns ammo/power packs. Image
The insides. Front man is pilot, rear is radioman. Image
The torch anti-infantry gun. I kind of threw it together last night. It has a bunch of frag missiles on it. A horse drags it around. Image
The cream of my army, the Storm troopers are my elites. With auto-snipers, rocket launchers, ability to camouflage in terrain. Image t
The whole army together. Doctrines: Sharpshooters-A misses can reroll. Mountaineers: Can climb vertically. Drop Troops: Can Parachute into games. That's all for now, expect a ship of some sort sometime soon.
Last edited by 501stCadians on Sat May 09, 2009 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby james+burgundy » Fri May 08, 2009 5:50 pm

blaaaaaaaaauk yuck that is really gross
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby birdman » Fri May 08, 2009 5:58 pm

uh... ok j+b. nice army, but i'd like it more if you fixed the pics.
birdman
Galidor

Postby cmetal » Fri May 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Simple, but effective.
Still too awesome for an avatar and a real signature.
TROLOLO
cmetal
Nice Dubs

Postby 501stCadians » Fri May 08, 2009 8:29 pm

birdman wrote:uh... ok j+b. nice army, but i'd like it more if you fixed the pics.

What do you mean by fix the pics?
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby pesgores » Sat May 09, 2009 4:14 am

It's simply good.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Theblackdog » Sat May 09, 2009 6:22 am

My favorite part had to be the camo net on the tank. That's pretty creative. I also liked those storm troopers.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby randomno12 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:58 am

501stCadians wrote:
birdman wrote:uh... ok j+b. nice army, but i'd like it more if you fixed the pics.

What do you mean by fix the pics?

i think he means what im seeing. pics are different sizes and they are pushing the text around in strange and disturbing ways
CAKE OR DEATH? That is the question...
randomno12
Officer

Postby jifel » Sat May 09, 2009 8:27 am

The army is nice and brikwarsy, which is certainly a good thing. I must aplaud the stormtroopers, and thats a nice tank.

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Postby 501stCadians » Sat May 09, 2009 8:37 am

Thanks guys-
@The Pics-I'll fix them later today.
@ The tank: I might build better nets in the future,complete with leaves and stuff like that.
@Stormtroopers-Modeled after a Kaskrin Squad from 40k.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby Warhead » Sat May 09, 2009 9:17 am

It's a bit mix match but to be honest it actually makes it look rough and ad hoc like a seasoned and worn outfit of desperados (I'm getting Brown Coats against Corps in Firefly here). The Tank is cute... tanks should not be cute... it's a bit like an Old WWII Polish Tankette before the Germans showed them what Tanks should be. Sorry.

Ignore J+B he means well but I see he keeps taking the cork of the fork, he'll have his own eye out if he doesn't watch. Oi! Ruprecht (J+B) stop it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMc9B7uDV8&NR=1
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby 501stCadians » Sat May 09, 2009 9:55 am

Fixed pics for most of part,can not seem to fix a couple.
Yeah, i know the tank is a bit cute,but it's small size means i can drag to any Brikwar i have. What's more,last i checked, Railguns are not "Cute".
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby OneEye589 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:01 am

I was actually going to use that same mortar design in my army, but decided against it. It's still really cool though.

Nice army. I would like it more if it was more uniform, but not everyone has the pieces to do that.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Return to The Armoury