BlackStar Strike Fighter/Bomber W.I.P.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

BlackStar Strike Fighter/Bomber W.I.P.

Postby Warhead » Sun May 10, 2009 9:29 am

Well, this is still under construction and it's the first thing I've really built in... um... carry the one ...twenty odd years, I guess. I'm not overly happy with the front and I have only old parts too but see what you think so far. Oh, and I got the engine idea from some of NatalyaAF's ships so thanks for that. I don't know how long this will take, depends on how often my son wrecks it between times.

So far I'm thinking of the Blackstar as a Strike Fighter for Capital Ship and Ground Strikes. It has the range, speed and power but isn't as well suited for mixing it up with smaller fighters. It does have shields and lots of speed to help it survive to target. These are usually carried by Fleet class Carriers and form part of their heavier fighter compliment.

I hope to fit on some missiles and bombs and the Ion Storm Cannons are already fitted.

Hope you enjoy...

Warhead
Blockguy

Postby jifel » Sun May 10, 2009 9:53 am

That looks great! My only suggestion would be to put transluscent canopies over the pilots. You wouldn't want a lucky sniper to take that down, would you?

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Theblackdog » Sun May 10, 2009 10:27 am

Swing wings!? YESSS! This looks really great so far -- all you need is to fill out the fuselage and you'll be set. If I were you I wouldn't worry about the front end so much -- slap on an appropriate canopy and you'll be fine.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Pvt Expendable » Sun May 10, 2009 10:41 am

tee hee swig wings,... nice
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Postby birdman » Sun May 10, 2009 11:31 am

YES, canopies over the pilots.
birdman
Galidor

Postby Warhead » Sun May 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks, :wink:

Canopies... silly people :roll: It's not finished yet, read the writing at the top. Work continues, here's some more pictures since then. :wink: 8)

I fancy this might even NatalyaAF's Cruiser a hard time... maybe if there was a squadron.

ADDED: 2x Fixed Heavy Lasers, 1x BFB (Big Fuckin' Bomb)... it kills stuff horribly.

Warhead
Blockguy

Postby birdman » Sun May 10, 2009 12:26 pm

doing better, but i really don't like the way that little piece behind the larger canopy is attached; it doesn't seem like it would hold easily and there's a slight crack between it and the cockpit.
birdman
Galidor

Postby Warhead » Sun May 10, 2009 12:31 pm

LOL (you are so at it) Oh good greif... It's NOT Finished!..

Yeah, I'm working on those bits at some point. I want to get the parts for the engines sorted and the missiles... priorities... weapons, engines, where people sit.
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby jifel » Sun May 10, 2009 12:51 pm

Much Better! BFB! :D
This is great so far! I hope we see this in a forum battle or report soon! :wink:

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Postby pesgores » Sun May 10, 2009 2:26 pm

Superbly done. 5/5
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Theblackdog » Sun May 10, 2009 2:43 pm

WIN. Although those hoses sticking out at the back should probably attach to something.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Warhead » Sun May 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Thanks again,

Yep, as I go along all will fall into place and attach to something... I just don't quite know what... I never do until I've done it... that makes no sense...

More effort and construction... do the wings look stupid now or still ok?

Thinking of putting some sort of main centreline Plasma Cannon type thing at the front but dunno...

It might also be an idea to switch the Ion Storm Cannon with the Heavy Lasers too... I'll try tomorrow. My son is using his room to sleep so no go until morning.

Would this thing work in a Brikwars?.. seems way too powerful IMO... Maybe a daring raid to steal or destroy it?.. so they can blow up My Little penises' beard... :D

Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Theblackdog » Sun May 10, 2009 3:51 pm

If it's too powerful, you can always deactivate some of the weapons.

The back of the cockpit ends a little abruptly. You should have it slope down into the fuselage/wing assembly instead of just stop with a big flat vertical wall. Other than that, this is an epic creation.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby IVhorseman » Sun May 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Warhead wrote:Would this thing work in a Brikwars?.. seems way too powerful IMO...

No such thing. Go for it.

Also, nice job!
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Warhead » Sun May 10, 2009 4:05 pm

:D Thanks guys...

*Donk!* *Donk!* *Donk!* (Sound of Warhead hitting forehead off screan)

Urgle! You guys are oh so ragging on me... I now know why J+B and NatalyaAf (not that I'm that good) gets tetchy and flys off on one sometimes. You guys are brutal hard work... It's not finished... :wink:

...wait till you see the Fleet Carrier... yeah right!
Warhead
Blockguy

Next

Return to The Armoury