Dreadnoughts

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Dreadnoughts

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby jifel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Is this based on 40k?

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:58 pm

jifel wrote:Is this based on 40k?

jifel

How'd you guess?
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby MattL » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Although the model is based on 40k, are the names based on Command & Conquer?
"This is good...isn't it?"
MattL
Battlefield General

Postby Funky Weasel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Those are the nuts! :) I am a big fan of the extraneous tubing on Mr Blue. My only structural concern is that the legs look like weak points - enemy snipers might easily cripple these fine war machines by concentrating fire and blowing a leg off.

Potentially avoidable by building shin-armour onto the legs or projecting up from the feet, but risks obscuring the nice mechanical detailing.
CONGRATULATIONS - you just WON The Game FOREVER. Or you can carry on being a humourless nugget - your call.
TROLOLO
Funky Weasel
Officer

Postby james+burgundy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:31 pm

wow that is like crap it pains me to even point my eyes toward the images. It is a insult to 40k you should be ashamed
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Almighty Benny » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:09 pm

I liked you better when you were unintelligible, j+b
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Strana » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:35 pm

actually they look more like wolverines from tiberium sun

DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas
Strana
Dimmy

Postby james+burgundy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:07 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:I liked you better when you were unintelligible, j+b
well i thought about insulting it in a nice lofty way that took up many many words that most of the members here have never used before but then i sort of got lazy and had to eat dinner so i just did this crappy post next time i might give my insults more effort
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Strana » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:09 pm

if your going to be giving insults i suggest getting a book on ribaldry it will stand you in good stead
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas
Strana
Dimmy

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 pm

MattL wrote:Although the model is based on 40k, are the names based on Command & Conquer?

Goto is from KOTOR and Vrasku is from LoTR, both names are unoriginal, but I've always wanted a dreadnought named Goto.

Funky Weasel wrote:Those are the nuts! :) I am a big fan of the extraneous tubing on Mr Blue. My only structural concern is that the legs look like weak points - enemy snipers might easily cripple these fine war machines by concentrating fire and blowing a leg off.

Potentially avoidable by building shin-armour onto the legs or projecting up from the feet, but risks obscuring the nice mechanical detailing.

Snipers won't work when these things have been drop podded right behind them. Besides, they can always crawl to the foe, and they still have guns, which means there is a 9" no go zone around them. Also, ignoring the almighty amount of Space Knights that go with them is ever so dangerous.

james+burgundy wrote:wow that is like crap it pains me to even point my eyes toward the images. It is a insult to 40k you should be ashamed

Put your money were your mouth is boy, make some of your own dreadnoughts or shut up! The only shame I have comes from that one night I was with your mom in bed. :twisted:

Hell, you can attempt to insult me all you want, it still doesn't hide the fail of insulting over the internet.

I only said "based" because I am not one for space marines as a whole, only the killy machines they use. These do fit nicely into my Space Knight army, which uses Storm Troopers as basic troops, who lovingly die in droves.
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby Gunney » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:59 pm

I say, they are a noble and solid construction, but the firepower is lacking. Over Shoulder cannons/gatlings would satisfy me.

Also, Ignore J+B, he's our prick mascot.
Remember, there are no such thing as Athiests in foxholes. There's also no such things as foxes in foxholes.
TROLOLO
Gunney
Minifig

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Gunney wrote:I say, they are a noble and solid construction, but the firepower is lacking. Over Shoulder cannons/gatlings would satisfy me.

- Size 3 creation
- size 2 CCW
- 2 size two guns

Unless I'm missing something, isn't the total amount of weapon size you can use just double your creation size? Originally made for fun, and then brikwars usage came into it. Really, everything I make just so happened to be usable in brikwars.
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby Moronstudios » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Tiny Tank Rannon wrote:Unless I'm missing something, isn't the total amount of weapon size you can use just double your creation size?

The rule are more of guidelines, so if you can bend rules like that if you want to.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby Massam » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:05 am

I would add more to the legs...just so they look more sturdy, right now the look like a body with bones for legs..in a bad way. Bulk the legs up and I would greatly respect them. And J+B, stop spell checking please.
everyone> Image <massam
Massam
Galidor

Next

Return to The Armoury