Thunderblade XL main battle tank

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Thunderblade XL main battle tank

Postby dilanski » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:20 am

The largest tank i've ever built,and probably the most clever. the Thunderblade XL main battle tank is built using the tank TRIANGLE of speed armour and power which all of them the Thunderblade has loads of.

the overview shows the size of the tank and as you can see its a hover tank its movement speed is 10'' inch's per turn over moderately flat terrain but goes down to 7'' on rough terrain and sand and the move goes down to 5'' on water and up steep mountains. the Thunderblades weapons systems are:

chemical flamethrower:a mixture of flammable and acidic chemicals, used for close range and crowd control also a good anti zombie weapon

anti personnel turret:used for taking out anyone stupid enough to try and climb onboard its rail mounted with 180o cover

dual motars:two dual launcher plasma mortars capable of locking on multiple targets provide a weapon where no line of sight is needed good for taking out large hidden enemy vechiles

high velocity plasma cannon:a 13 inch plasma cannon provides a powerful main weapon capable of blasting through most armour

the inside at the moment can hold 8 troops but if i moved the drivers seat forward i could fit 16 troops in

this allows the turret 360o rotation aswell as letting minifigs in without any fuss

C&C welcome!
ImageImage
o/
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:34 am

Why are all the tanks turned into APCs?

That and not being to SNOT standards are my only issues, but nobody really cares about it being SNOTless, that only makes it look more "professional" and anyone who claims to be a pro lego builder is either lying or working for lego.

And hey, it that using megablox? I can't tell because the pictures are fuzzy, but at least one piece looks distinctly megablox.
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby dilanski » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:40 am

no, no megablocks, what piece looks shitty and nega-blocky?
ImageImage
o/
dilanski

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:47 am

Well, it's mostly because that the pictures are blurry, so they appear nega-bloxy. Mostly the top of the haul really, it just looks like a thick piece too.
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby dilanski » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:02 am

well it's 100% lego i can see the pannels look thick but it's probably the pictures.
ImageImage
o/
dilanski

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:37 am

It must be the blurriness, which hides the fact that it's plain out lego, but not it's awesomeness.
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:52 am

It'd probably look a little more professional if it wasn't so long, but who am I to suggest that you make a smaller weapon of war?

Although hovertanks with buldozer blades on the front don't really work out too well together.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Smalex » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:27 pm

It's petty cool man, but how thick are the walls?

Cause if they are thicker than 1 brick I'd lessing it down to be 1 brick thick so you could attempt to have seats on both sides which I don't think you had. (I couldn't tell from the unfocused pics. Try turning macro on, It's usually a flower symbol on the camera.)

Other than that the only other thing I'd do is mabye put some guns on the sides of it and make the surface sooth with tiles.
TROLOLO
Smalex
Champion

Postby Gunney » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Heh heh....its so cute..compared to my T-10. Honestly though, its a very spectacular piece of work, I applaud you.
Remember, there are no such thing as Athiests in foxholes. There's also no such things as foxes in foxholes.
TROLOLO
Gunney
Minifig

Postby Pvt Expendable » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:58 pm

nice,.. like the desighn,... wow on main gun
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Postby dilanski » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:52 am

IVhorseman wrote:It'd probably look a little more professional if it wasn't so long, but who am I to suggest that you make a smaller weapon of war?

Although hovertanks with buldozer blades on the front don't really work out too well together.

if you mean how usually hover tanks are puffs, this one does have 8 jet engines on so i wouldn't usually treat it like a light scouting tank.
ImageImage
o/
dilanski

Postby pesgores » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:51 am

It could need more SNOT to make it look niftier, but other than that it's awesome.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:14 pm

dilanski wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:It'd probably look a little more professional if it wasn't so long, but who am I to suggest that you make a smaller weapon of war?

if you mean how usually hover tanks are puffs, this one does have 8 jet engines on so I wouldn't usually treat it like a light scouting tank.

I have no idea what you said, but let me clarify why buldozer blades and hovering tanks aren't really meant for eachother.

Dozers are awesome not because they have a little metal thing on the front that breaks crap, but because the entire vehicle pushes through something, using the dozer blade as the focus of the breakage. It depends entirely on how much energy is transferred from the entire system. With something with treads, the propulsion system has crazy power, and if it hits something, force isn't lost spinning those treads uselessly. They're locked into the ground with crazy traction. Hover jets however would glide across the air, and upon making contact would disperse that energy to the air around it, being much less effective.

IVhorseman

Postby dilanski » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:19 pm

as i said hover tanks are thought of as puffs, the idea for the front blades was in crowd control, as theres no chance of a minig surviving a 90mph razor edged dozer blades to the knee after all this is a hover tank that just flies over stuff. the dozer blade is a weapon not a tool based on the first contact power.
ImageImage
o/
dilanski

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:46 pm

:wtc: is a puff?
IVhorseman

Next

Return to The Armoury