The 'Deserters'

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

The 'Deserters'

Postby Bragallot » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Dissapointing amount of figs? I know. :? These guys will normally work on their own though, so it does make sense. :) They're Xalendar and Sir Garth, my two main heroes even when I was little, though they did undergo many changes as I got more and more stuff. In my little backstory, they're the original leaders of two of four Kerrat factions I'm working on like Bonn-o-Tron.

They discover the truth behind Junatan's schemes. They do not find support with their council, however, so they decide to set out on their own to find evidence and stop (read: kill) Junatan before he manages to cause a war between the Kingdom and Kerrat, again not supported by their own realm. The mage blames them for everything that's happening in the outside world while it's actually mostly his doing and influences the council to outlaw them, which they eventually do. Garth pushes on to have the truth prevail despite everything, while Xalendar desires vengeance above all.

Xalendar's cold-hearted, silent, dark and merciless, but has a very strict, severe set of principals along with a great sense of justice and mostly ends up doing the right thing even though he doesn't seem to see himself as a hero.

'Shall I go torture the prisoner? Hmm, I think I might!'

He's strong enough to wield his naginata one-handedly and use it to attack enemies around him from any angle when on foot, and skewer or impale them when he's riding his black, armour-clad mount.

Xalendar also has magic powers in the form of a ranged attack which lets him shoot a wave of bats at the enemy / enemies (roll for amount of bats) that each do a certain amount of damage (roll for amount of damage).

Yeah, he rarely takes his helmet off 'cos he is always vigilant and battle-ready. I guess it's not hard to see which face it is though.

Garth's of a completely different kind even though they are close companions. He's the kind of hero you see in the streets helping people out with their stuff and giving the military authority of Kerrat a friendlier face, the knight always in a good mood. He isn't armed when it's not necessary and rarely gets serious outside of combat.

Sir Garth shares a close bond with his powerful winged horse. It can't exactly remain in the air for a long time but it is faster than normal horses and can jump far higher and further than normal ones, allowing it to scale surfaces other men, err, minifigs would struggle to reach, move over water, pass enemy formations and obstacles, and more. Getting hit by it's fiery wings may ignite a target.

As a benevolent commander, Garth possesses some healing capabilities of his own, which is invaluable to their partnership. He's fast despite his armour and, just like Xalendar, may attack enemies around him without having to turn towards them, but only one at a time.

I've already made two figs to replace their role as leader of a Kerrat factions, which I will post later along with their armies. They look much like Garth and Xalendar in terms of equipment anyway.
Last edited by Bragallot on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Zahru II » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Nicewsome. Include them in a battle to prove their badassness.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Bragallot » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Trust me, they will be since they're important, but it won't be for tomorrow 'cos I'm still working on a lot of things and working things out, but they will be some time. I plan on giving them special objectives each battle rather than forming 'a side' (for obvious reasons). :)
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Return to The Armoury