The Iron Beards

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

The Iron Beards

Postby MasterEcabob » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:59 am

This elite corps contains only the most manly of men, as the common soldier is armed with little more than a pistol and the manly mane on their face.

They are led by the charismatic and overall awesome General Fancystache. He wields the powerful Ruby Gemsword and is flanked by his hand-picked Spec Ops squad, who wield a variety of Ruby Gemsword esque weaponry.

As General Fancystache started to train his army, he became bored and randomly selected a handful to serve as officers and do the work for him. When they protested, he ordered their beards shaved off. Disgraced, and disfigured, they had no choice but to accept their cruel fate and train the n00bs into proper shape. While there are only two officers for now, the odds that Fancystache will make more increase as Saturnalia approaches....

While they pride themselves in their infantry, their real marvel is the Pigtail Tank. Capable of transporting an entire squad into combat and dishing out major hurt to any pesky vehicles, this baby is a freaking TANK.

And, with a little help from the Godhands, the top pops right off for easy access to the interior!

Once it is all loaded up, the top snaps right back on and it be PWN'n TIME!

And there you have it, my first dedicated army. Bask in their epicness. :studgod:
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Apollyon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:39 am

What a great idea for an army! I really like it except two things. The torsos of the soldiers look a bit boring and while the tank certainly is well armoured it should be rather easy to blast off its gun as there is no real turret.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
My Little Pony

Postby Warhead » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Cool and rather unkempt in the facial department. But they are no match for their ultimate nemesis...

Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby lrdofbricks » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:55 am

goo, but you should give them all dwarf beards.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Postby doodstormer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:00 pm

The majority of the Iron Beards appear to have no hair on their chins.
doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Postby Magic Soap » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Mildly Fascist.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby MasterEcabob » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:39 am

Heh, glad you guys liked them.

@ Apollyon: I made this army up on the fly for a Thanksgiving brikwar (battle report coming soon). And the only mass collection of gray torsos I had available were backwards Harry Potter uniforms. Ideally, they would all be sporting rebel technician torsos.

@ Warhead: Argh! What is this foul demonic instrument? Get it off me I say, get it off me!

@doodstormer: This army originally stared with the officers who, as they do now, had simple smily faces. Not wanting to ruin that look (and not really having enough bearded faces to begin with) I just used the powers of fluff to write that bit off.

@ Magic Soap: What's that? Questioning The General's authority are we now? Take him away!
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby AdrianTheGeek » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:35 pm

I actually really really like the tank. It's a very unique shape.
Does james+burgundy love men? I'll let you decide.
james+burgundy wrote:nice parts
james+burgundy wrote:Think you can get me the guys number
james+burgundy wrote:O I was hoping he'd stay at my place
AdrianTheGeek
Cannon Fodder

Postby Elmagnifico » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:54 am

These dudes, and their tank, remind me of a faction you posted near the beginning of your career, Master Ec.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby MasterEcabob » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:50 pm

Indeed, the Reikens, I believe they were called.

I was going to order a bunch of Imperial Officer torsos over bricklink during the summer, but this plan fell through due to my inherit laziness. They sat on my shelf for months, until Wednesday when I decided to revamp the tank and make them into an actual army (with an actual hero).

As a result of this revamp, their badassness has increased significantly.

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby dragonslayer15 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:12 pm

I really like the tank.. thats probably my favorite. its cool having a gray army but it just seems the need more to them. overall I like it 8)
life completion equation is.. Legos+Girls+food+ video games=Life.. yep all you need
TROLOLO
dragonslayer15
Champion

Return to The Armoury