Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex 80k VIEWS?! but 1 new moc

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex (20,000 VIEWS!)

Post by Vami IV » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:26 pm

loafofcheese wrote:
Vami IV wrote:Aforementioned pictures:
I think I like it better than scythes, might be the lower bridge.
I would've completely redone the main bow as it is a little very skinny and thus fit EVEN MORE dakka in. Possibly more of those Anti-Matter Projectors (I think that's what they were called).
Zupponn wrote:Seriously, the big one just looks like a giant penis.
There was once a Space Dick weapons race back in like, 2012-early 2013. No links because effort. (and I was currently evicted and trying to make sense of life at that time and missed the Great Natalya N00B Purge and Scythe's New Years thing)

Anyways, I have modified the Despot class Cruiser! Same thing, arrows = mods. Except on the bridge closeup.
LFX be thither!

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:59 am

God damnit, now vami has made me work again . . . grumble grumble grumble . . .

-- SCYTHIAN NAVAL CODEX --

-- MONARCH MK-V --

-- UPDATE & UPGRADE REVISIONS --

As can be seen, another - newer revision of the Monarch hull is soon to be rolled out from Rigel Kentaurus shipyards.

Slightly longer than its predecessor, with even more firepower with the conversion of the two wing hardpoint to mount heavy weaponry, two side mounted missile launch tubes (with 10 antimatter missiles each) and numerous additional AA tri-laser turrets - a lowered bridge vantage point, mounting a 5th shield generator under its nose and the addition of a small hangar bay akin to the Duke class destroyer on its belly - the Monarch MK-V represents the ongoing race for technological superiority in the ongoing brikverse.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:11 am

Will we ever reach a point past the Conifer-class, where every single part of a ship is guns?
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:16 am

loafofcheese wrote:Will we ever reach a point past the Conifer-class, where every single part of a ship is guns?
Whiteagle's Deathorus of Briktoid Automata, the most ridiculous ship ever made.
Spoiler
Show

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:33 am

Colette wrote:
loafofcheese wrote:Will we ever reach a point past the Conifer-class, where every single part of a ship is guns?
Spoiler
Show
You need to grow a memory.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Nice job.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:59 pm

A download link, a download link, my jelly for a download link!
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:59 pm

These ships are awesome and have evolved from impressive yet basic styles to wonderful design concepts of death laden excellence. :tiger:

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:01 pm

You need to make one in Mini-fig scale, or something as near as you can. :warhead:

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:08 pm

I'm continuously amazed by the evolution of your ships over the years. I wish I could find the older ships you built and make a gif of all the different versions.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:16 am

I don't think I have the original photos any more, nor do I think I have archives of all the models. I am presuming you got that Monarch MK-I off of the old brikwiki, which is pretty damn cool.

If nothing else, I am surprised at how dark my ships had become. The tyrant and despot where obvious, the regeant was simply a replacement model as I grew to no longer like the savager, the Duke was because for once Vami did something cool and I decided to keep it.

But seriously, look at that comparison. The original was nowhere near as harsh looking. And had very little black in its design. It looks almost tame and meek with that gun laden death shark next to it. Woah.
Spoiler
Show

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:56 pm

I DID IT! It took several hours, but eventually I was able to find all 4 variants of the Monarch (BTW, when are you planning to upload the MK V?) and assembly them into a slideshow. The animation really shows the evolution of Scythian warships as the Immortal War drags on.

In other news, it looks like a lot of the older Scythian ships are still lying around on the wiki. Over the next couple days, I'll work on reorganizing the LDD file archives and see how much I can find.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:03 am

Theblackdog wrote:I love the use of Thor hammers as shipping containers.
Eh, I not so big on it...
Maybe I'm thinking at a different scale in Microspace, but the hammer head seems kinda tiny for a cargo crate...
Plus you'd always have to hide the handle.
Falk wrote:Very nice. I'm gonna need to try making a cargo ship myself one day.
They can be fun.
Briktoid uses the TU:RD, an oblong torchship that basically a giant armored container with an engine that putts along until it hits a gravity well and falls to the planet's surface.
...They also look like a huge piece of shit!
The Shadowscythe wrote:dysgraphia (which affects my perception of distances, shapes and sizes)
I thought dysgraphia was an affliction on the ability to write...
Colette wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Technically, the Deathorus isn't a ship...
It's a Warp Ring covered in Lazors.

But yeah, the fucking thing can kill toasters if you're not careful.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm

///FILE ADMINISTRATOR ACCESS HAS BEEN GRANTED.

OPENING FILE - TIMESTAMP G.R 2010

//-EMPERORHILL FILE HAS BEEN ACCESSED.

//-KINGUNDERTHEMOUNTAIN IS UNAVALIABLE AT YOUR CURRENT CLEARANCE LEVEL.

//-CLEARANCE HAS BEEN GRANTED - TEMPORARY KEY "FALCON FOURTY'

//-PROJECT OVER-ARCH HAS BEEN ACCESSED.

This vessel was found at the outer most edge of the Rigel Kentaurus shipyards at 23.06.20192 (Scythian time/date stamp) after drifting aimlessly into the system.

The Rigel Kentaurus defence fleet jumped to the vessel and instantly ordered it to power down its engines and identify itself, all attempts at communication where returned with a "Code 9" response - typically used as a non-response code by Scythian special forces groups. However - this code was transmitted in more wavelengths than Scythian forces currently use, including the currently theoretical use of Tachyon and cross-dimensional particle transmission.

After a tense stand off between the vessel and the defence fleet, a cursory scan was returned with data regarding the ship itself, plated in armour that was a tenth of the regular ship battle plate, but with almost 5 times the density and strength, it included as of yet untested ablative and kinetic layers, and shielding built into the armour itself, rather than an externally projected shield. Due to an EMP-like effect built into the armour (which still cannot be explained) no further data could be collected from the vessel.

Eventually, a team was put together to board the vessel - and the hull was breached.

Within the ship, there was no immediate evidence of a crew of any type, the air within the ship had been long stagnant and many systems where off-line.

Eventually the ship was secured, and many mysteries became apparent.

The ships main data log was programmed in a computer language completely unknown to all Scythian comparisons, and corrupted beyond all recognition, what little we have managed to glean - is that the vessel was an armed research and survey ship within the 19th pan-galactic (Indicating that Scythian forces had expanded beyond this galaxy) and was involved in some form of mass-fleet action against the Immortals in another galaxy.

While exact dating is impossible, this is theorised to be between 25 and 60 standard Scythian years from now.

The lack of crew was explained through basic forensic testing, which found that DNA traces and several layers of dust throughout the ship where found to be the remains of the crew after an approximate 17000 years of decomposition within the ship.

This date was again confirmed through carbon and radio-isotope testing throughout the ship.

The only explanation is that at some point during our future, this ship will be built, and then lost through unknown means - and then somehow travel back into our current time line to be discovered at the edge of the Rigel Kentaurus system.

The Scythian Office of Naval Intelligence has taken over the research into project Over-arch and all information regarding it has been filed under the kingunderthemountain operational code name.
Gentlemen, As I am sure you have all been told - KINGUNDERTHEMOUNTAIN is our remit, first and last line of defence against threats to the empire. To a greater scale. Threats to the galaxy, the universe and reality itself.

I had a funding request pass over my desk for a code 9 operation to send a series of ships beyond Scythian, and eventually galactic space to track down the point of origin of the Immortal attacks.

Take just a moment to review these design specifications and then compare them to the "falcon forty" file linked above.

You can see the design similarities and differences - but the most horrifying aspect of this is the time frame. It has only been 4 years and this operation has been forward, rather than the projected 25-60 year time frame, beyond this - the technology involved either matches or surpasses the ones in the original vessel, which is also highly disturbing because it marks a sharp turn for the worst in the fighting in this time line.

I have granted this project a limited blackbox fund and temporary access to the Oort Cloud facilities of the Scythia system. May the maidens have mercy on us all.
Spoiler
Show

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Since the theme for the past couple pages of this thread has been updates to older Scythian ships, I thought I'd get in on the action as well.

Behold the poor, neglected, Emperor class. Once the pinnacle of Scythian engineering, the pride of the Scythian Navy has slowly but surely been reduced to an obsolete relic as the Immortal War has escalated, to the point that the Monarch MK IV is a match for several of these venerable hulls. The ship that once sent immortal battlegroups fleeing in terror now finds itself being ignored in favor of more threatening targets, a category that never existed back in the Emperor's heyday.

NO MORE!

This is the Emperor MK II. It is one of the most powerful warships in the Scythian naval inventory, save for the Overlord Dreadnought and Deity Super-Dreadnought. Armed with 4 heavy laser turrets, 4 anti-matter projectors, 2 Super-Heavy Anti-Matter Projector Cannons, along with numerous AA laser turrets and anti-matter missiles, the Emperor MK II carries more firepower than three Monarch MK IV battleships. While it doesn't hold a candle to the system wrecking power of the Deity, the Emperor MK II's lesser cost means that the Scythian Empire can produce them en mass.

The Emperor's engine core has been upgraded, letting it handily outrun anything it can't out-fight (and the list of vessels it can't take is incredibly short).

It also has a fighter bay, giving them Emperor even more tactical flexibly.

Side by side with Emperor MK I. Let the enemies of Scythia Beware.

In other news, I found a copy of nearly all of Scythe's old ships on the wiki. I'll be working on upgrading most of it over the next couple days.