Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex 80k VIEWS?! but 1 new moc

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:16 am

This is nothing short of amazing. I'd say it rivals the 45th Union for sheer numbers and firepower, maybe surpasses it.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:57 pm

I doubt that... RoC's stuff hasn't been photographed together for a while, and he has much more units.

Anyway, Shadow, I'd love to see a bit more air support for these guys, like a small fighter or something.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:24 pm

enders_shadow wrote:I doubt that... RoC's stuff hasn't been photographed together for a while, and he has much more units.

Anyway, Shadow, I'd love to see a bit more air support for these guys, like a small fighter or something.
I think ROC has a lot moe shizz than me - at this moment in time, I think I am roughly on par with Natalya if you don't count the AC or the SONKS into things (but that is up to her to confirm)

As for Air support - I am toying with the idea of an atmospheric support fighter/bomber, and drew a few scribbles today, but I didn't like the ideas that I had . . .

. . . But I can post up this idea . . .

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:36 pm

:shock: :byzero:

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Hell yes.

Build that, and you might not NEED air support. Make sure it can carry extra rounds, though, or it'll be kind of useless after the first shot.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:59 am

D'aww, its adorable! The pose is just like a kitten about to pounce.

Oh, you're a horrible machine of death! Yes you are! Yeeesss!
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 am

And now the Mantis reaches LDD . . .

I think I have enough parts to build this beast now from extra bricks ordered with previous builds . . . but it will take a little while to arrive in the actual brick so to speak, at the moment I am wondering if I need to make any refinements to the design.

fredde
Cannon Fodder

Post by fredde » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:28 am

Very nice!

I must say that the scythians have improved a lot!
I really like them.

And as for forgetting the orpheus well if not for the orpheus the tigershark
or the WIP narwhal wouldnt exist/soon exist since you pioneered the concept of super hover tanks!

all in all great job :D
Natalya wrote: Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:38 pm

nice. I like the gears as wheels, makes it look more sinister, and able to take on heavy terrain.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:40 pm

enders_shadow wrote:nice. I like the gears as wheels, makes it look more sinister, and able to take on heavy terrain.
I'm not so keen on them, it makes it look like a train somehow. Just able to move on tracks I mean.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:21 pm

They're more vicious with all them teeth. I mean, imagine that shit running over you.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Except it's more like roadkill now.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:00 pm

I'm actually a fan of the gear-wheels. I agree with both BFenix and Enders_shadow.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:15 pm

(Before I start this post - I will tell everyone to hit the "Back" button and go back and see how many views this thread has gathered in the short time I have been here, 19,800 at least when I posted this, I am surely honoured that I have somehow managed to gather so many views together through this one thread - I may not be one of the best builders on the site, even though I have the praise of a fair few - but I will admit I am one of the most tenacious, I rarely find myself without an idea, and so long as those keep flowing, I'll keep building, and someday my skills as a builder will match up to everyone elses visions of me! XD)

- Scythian Naval Prototypes -

- Rigel Kentaurus Shipyards -

- DESPOT Class Prototype Cruiser -

The Immortal war is at its hieght, Terrakahn are landing on Scythian worlds en masse, thier legions decimating Scythian border and outer core worlds - with this, the Britannian counter-strike is in full swing and the Scythians have started to re-recruit soldiers who has mustered out of service and are pushing thier production capabilities into operation on a scale not seen since the first century of colonisation.

It turns out that full galactic war was the cure for a century of economic stagnation - and the "Despot" is another of the fruits born of such turbulent times.

It has a length shorter than a standard Monarch class battleship - but is considerably wider and taller, and has almost double the tonnage due to its triple layered armour systems and hull re-enforcements. It comes equipped with two of the largest engines ever constructed for a Scythian combat vessel as well as two modern shield systems, all powered from the ships three Anti-matter generators.

Its primary weapon - is a Central-line Anti-matter Projector, the single largest incarnation of the weapon ever built by Scythian engineers - the weapon itself is as long as a Rigel Kentaurus class destroyer, and is capable of wiping out entire continents in a single strike, its atom-thin beam enhanced through intra-magnetic fields and the vaccum of space - it rips through ships many, many times its own size with ease.

The downside to this weapon - is it's sheer power consumption, with one of the three Anti-matter generators onboard devoted to the firing of this weapon alone.

For secondary weapons, it carrys no less than 16 missile tubes for Anti-matter missiles for taking out enemy vessels while its main weapon is re-arming.

The final weapon system the Despot has at it's disposal is an entirely new laser turret design - combarible to the older "ball" turrets on older Scythian vessels - they combine the firepower of three of the previous generation into a smaller, faster tracking turret and gives them the gift of modern coolant systems - these turrets will soon be installed on every Scythian combat vessel to replace the now aging designs.

The last point of the Despot is it's unfortunate cost - for the cost of building one Despot, you could build 4 Monarch class battleships, it is almost as costly to build as an Emperor class Super-Battleship, so these vessels will be resigned from the front lines for a few more months too come until the Scythian Navy can bolster thier numbers.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:53 pm

A fearsome sight for the Immortal navy.

I believe pretty much everyone around here has their heads constantly flooded with ideas but just lack the time or money to accomplish them, that's at least my case...

Keep showing us the Scythians might dude, it ceases to impress me :)