Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex 80k VIEWS?! but 1 new moc

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex (20,000 VIEWS!)

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:29 pm

-- Scythian Public Historical Archives --

-- First Manned Flight --

-- Aelethia One --

Aelethia One is by far, the single most well known historical spacecraft in the history of space travel for the Scythian Empire.

It was assembled in pieces over the course of 6 Scythian years from assembly floors and launch centres across the entire planet - by the time the empire turned its eyes to space, it had already developed fully functioning "dumb" AI systems and considerable levels of robotics - so they started with simple drones and satellites before making the jump to building a functional craft in orbit using linked modules and then giving the craft a permanent crew of 7 for slow burn travel around the Scythian home system using a combination of Solar and nuclear power.

The craft was slow, ungainly - uncomfortable and had no gravity, it had no shields and was simply a flying laboratory in space - but it completed moon walks on Scythia's twin "Blade" moons and countless orbital experiments before it was turned into a living museum for the next generation of spacecrafts to take its place.

Five centuries later, every Scythian child knows what Aelethia One is and the trail it blazed 627 years ago which paved the way to the birth of the Great and Mighty Scythian Empire.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:46 pm

-- Aelethia Designation MK-II --

-- Aelethia Two, Three, Four and Five missions --

The Aelethia MK-II series began its design phase just months after the initial launch of its predecessor. Its design was to be the workhorse for a permanent space fleet with multi-role craft that would be permanently manned for at least 50 years, working alone and in groups to explore the greater Scythian system beyond the gravity well of the homeworld.

The MK-II series was designed for a crew of 14, and featured more advanced solar arrays - an upgraded nuclear pulse drive, more advanced sensors - telescopic arrays, A longer range communication system and the first generation magnetic shielding system which would project a magnetic pole array around the ship much like a planet would. This would deflect radiation, small particles of matter and rouge space debris away from the ship and massively lengthened their time in space.

They featured an engineering deck and production lines as well as the first generation of away-boat shuttles which would be used for low orbit excursions as well as a host of other technological feats of engineering.

Aelethia Two and Four are now living museums along with Alethia one - as the tragic explosion of Aelethia Six destroyed Numbers Three and Five in the unforeseen detonation of its fusion torch drive its fated first voyage.

Spoiler
Show

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:30 pm

-- Aelethia Designation MK-III --

-- Aelethia Six Mission -- Memoriam --

Aelethia six, the Mark III generation of the family, was the fated first, last and only.

First of the MK-III's, the Last of the Aelethia series - and the only ship of its class ever produced.

Designed and built a decade after the MK-II series began operational standard was designed to be the flagship of the MK-II series and the beginning of a new series of Scythian vessels. Built on a scale considered massive for its day, it was built with a new fusion torch drive, room for a crew of 39, a gravity ring for permanent crew operations, enhanced magnetic shielding, enhanced sensors and telescopic arrays, enhanced communication suites, larger solar arrays, an enhanced laboratory space, an enhanced engineering deck - it was destined to be the jewel of Scythia.

Alas it was never to be, as Aelethia Six was being constructed - microfractures had somehow been missed in its Fusion torch arrays, which where weakened just hours after its activation. The crew boarded - simulations showed everything in the green but the generators core temperature was bleeding heat into the primary thrust arrays - which in turn was bouncing radiation through the ship and caused the magnetic shields to fail. The crew only had moments to realise what had happened before all the computer systems shut down and the core temperature shot rapidly out of control - the resulting blast obliterated Aelethia Six and Three in their entirety and the EMP wave that resulted from it disabled the magnetic shields of Aelethia Five and then fried their entire computer networks and knocked its nuclear reactor into meltdown. Unable to stop the core from melting down, Aelethia Five was scuttled as the crew fled to the shuttle and lifeboats as the ship careened its way out of the system and into intrasolar space, eventually being ripped to shreds by micrometeorites in the Oort cloud at the egde of the Scythian home system.

The final death toll of Aelethia Six was 53, a devastating blow to the Scythian space program that led to the beginning and end of the Fusion torch drive - but not the end of Scythian expansion. The memorial day for Aelethia Six is still commemorated to this day, as a day of remembrance not only to those who lost their lives so long ago, but to all who have died to the harsh nature of the void between worlds.

Aelethia the Proud. Lost souls of Scythia, into the arms of the Maidens. We will not forget.
Spoiler
Show

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:09 pm

I'm loving those colourschemes.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:23 pm

loafofcheese wrote:I'm loving those colourschemes.
Thanks dude, I am trying to capture the earliest point for Scythian space exploration, a mixture of white heat insulation, gray and black steels and painted on Scythian red as a point of pride rather than a design aesthetic.

I'm going to continue with these until they lead into the modern Scythian naval designs, kind of an evolution of the space program into a navy, and a navy into a military force.

Obviously, I have been inspired as of late - I was given "Gravity" on dvd for my birthday and it just sparked off a fresh group of ideas. So there will be more ships, stations and other things to come.
Spoiler
Show

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:30 pm

I was gonna guess Kerbal Space Program.

Nonetheless, these are good, especially Alethia Six.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:41 am

That drop ship was beautiful, however how many troops could it actually hold?

Also the history stuff is awesome. I love it.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:36 am

-- RIGEL KENTAURUS SHIPYARDS --

-- KINGUNDERTHEMOUNTAIN ASSAULT RESEARCH DIVISION --

-- DIETY MK-II STAR JUGGERNAUT --

DIETY MK-I, STOCK FOOTAGE

DIETY MK-II - PROTOTYPE EVALUATION FOOTAGE

2 G.R's ago, the Scythian Empire released the Deity class Star-Juggernaut into the arms race of technological arrogance, a starship of horrifying scale designed to wipe out entire fleets or simply detonate a star.

In this goal, it has served admirably - as such, the MK-II is more of a cosmetic redesign than a complete re-work of the class. The most major change being the re-mounting of the "Star Killer" Class Anti-Matter Projectors around the ships hull for a more optimal firing pattern, and an enlarged and remounted fighter bay towards the ships nose, which has marginally increased the length of the already impressive craft.

After this, it has had a number of additional anti-strike craft turrets installed for additional protection and an overhaul to the ships armoured hull for additional protection.

The final adaptation is the two 8-cored Antimatter generators to the ships rear, which serve to deliver additional combat power to the ships already impressive systems. Overall, it is a list of changes long enough to denote the new class as the Deity MK-II. The first ships of the new class will be berthed by the end of this G.R - under the operational directives of the Scythian Office of Naval Intelligence.
Spoiler
Show

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:05 pm

'Tis cool. Hope you didn't mean to spell deity, but you probably didn't.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:14 pm

I head that the sailors call it "The Big Willy".

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Oh Scythe, please never change.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:08 pm

How do people get these white background shots taken? I seem to be the only person on the forums who hasn't figured it out.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:How do people get these white background shots taken? I seem to be the only person on the forums who hasn't figured it out.
Ctrl+K. Creates a transparent file, just the object. If you look at the Deity, it's background isn't white, it's the forum background post color.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:43 am

I think I got the name. Does it mean "DIE, Thank You"?

Awesome update by the way.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:54 am

Zupponn wrote:I head that the sailors call it "The Big Willy".
No, they changed it to "Dildo of Doom"