A little something for Warhead . . .

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

A little something for Warhead . . .

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah, after watching Zombie Zulu for a few weeks now - I decided to have a little play around with LDD, and came up with an idea I think Warhead will appreciate! -

Warhead had the Creeper, Stalker and Ripper, and I loved the design of them, and while I was sat in the university laundry department - I got bored, so I present to you - the Hunter! :D

Twin Multigore Chain-fists and Twin heavy laser systems make up the armament of this beast - capable to mincing foes at extreme long and close range.

Much like its brethren, it can climb up and along walls, of even ceilings - but its longer legs allow the Hunter to spear minifigs as it traverses the battlefield - and allows it the height advantage to take down minifigs on top of first floor structures - and even light vehicles.

Inside the hyperglass(tm) enclosure - a powerful crystal of mysterious power . . . lord only knows what unholy energies power the Hunters dark intentions!

The sight of a single hunter on the battlefield spells doom . . . but the legions of the undead dance macabre may have hundreds of these monstrosities under its command . . .

Lemme know what Ya'll thing! :D
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Zahru II » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Definitely cool.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Aw jeez. I'm afraid to ask how much LDD priced it as.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Aw jeez. I'm afraid to ask how much LDD priced it as.

According to LDD, £16.73

I'm willing to bet if I go through the lego pick a brick page with the appropriate number of parts - I could get 3 for that price.

As a matter of fact, I'm about to go find out.

The Shadowscythe

Postby BFenix » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 pm

wow, scary AND awesome! a cool heavy infantry unit, definitely deadly
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Heh, thanks! I just await the Warheads word! (sounds like some kind of kids TV show . . . on crack . . . acid . . . and J+B's mum . . . )

According to pick a brick - It would cost £7.34 for each Hunter - So I could build 2 for the price LDD wanted to give me . . .

Hrrrrm, a plan I concuct! :D

The Shadowscythe

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:55 pm

YES! An actual PROOF that LDD's pricing is ridiculous. Finally. I'm going to go make a bunch of stuff and re-price it. meheheheh...
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

I think it would be cool if you made another one of these that had chainsaws for feet.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:28 pm

To make a lethal amount of noise when walking on hard soil? Btw I can't see these pics :evil:
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Warhead » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Shadowscythe! Wow, what can I say. This is awesome. Thank you, I'm delighted my man, absolutely delighted. I just threw some bits together to give the zombies some power so they weren't too dull and wow, you took it to a new level. Finally LDD that I can see a use for. I think I have loads of these parts in my inventory with the exception of the eight spoke plate which are all in use. I must get more.

Some small points and advice that can be ignored.

I think giving it eight legs might be best, I'm not sure if stability will be an issue otherwise but it looks great as it is anyway and seriously deranged.

Normally I use trans neon yellow crystals for the Undeads, I think it has a more spooky quality but that's just me.

The white horns are good for spikes but alternatively have a look on Briklink under Other: You will find some nice blades from the Rock Monster Crystal King
http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp ... String=143

And look under Animal accessories or whatever and it has white or black sharks teeth looking things, I used them on the Ripper. I need millions of those.
http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp ... String=148
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Warhead wrote:Shadowscythe! Wow, what can I say. This is awesome. Thank you, I'm delighted my man, absolutely delighted. I just threw some bits together to give the zombies some power so they weren't too dull and wow, you took it to a new level. Finally LDD that I can see a use for. I think I have loads of these parts in my inventory with the exception of the eight spoke plate which are all in use. I must get more.

Some small points and advice that can be ignored.

I think giving it eight legs might be best, I'm not sure if stability will be an issue otherwise but it looks great as it is anyway and seriously deranged.

Normally I use trans neon yellow crystals for the Undeads, I think it has a more spooky quality but that's just me.

The white horns are good for spikes but alternatively have a look on Briklink under Other: You will find some nice blades from the Rock Monster Crystal King
http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp ... String=143

And look under Animal accessories or whatever and it has white or black sharks teeth looking things, I used them on the Ripper. I need millions of those.
http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp ... String=148

Heh, I just loved the theme - I didn't realise you'd just thrown them together! XD I just formed the idea of what would be the natural progression of the original idea, going from creepers, to stalkers - and then rippers, what would be the "big brother" of those beasties?

As for the legs - the only reason I didn't add 8 legs - was because LDD threw a fit at adding them at 45 degree angles, you're more than allowed to add them, as a matter of fact - I emplore you to! I have the 8 sided pieces myself - but not skellies, or enough black "Light sabre" blades to give it the legs/arms, and I'd love to see this beast actually built! :D

As for the red crystal - It was just first on the list, that was the only reason I chose it over the yellow (which was also there).

As for the shark teeth and blades - I'm thinking of ordering all the parts from pick a brick and assembling them myself just as "show" pieces, and I can always put the parts to other uses afterwards.

It was just a piece of fun while I was freezing my buttocks off in the university laundry room - I'm actually surprised with how well its gone down! :D

The Shadowscythe

Postby Warhead » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Haha, yeah boredom and a freezing ass sometimes helps with concentration on other things.

I'll see what I can do, the colours may be different. I've used many of the rods I have but I may have odds and sods lying about. Not tonight though.

The Zombie Dawn players must be cursing you for this btw.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Warhead wrote:Haha, yeah boredom and a freezing ass sometimes helps with concentration on other things.

I'll see what I can do, the colours may be different. I've used many of the rods I have but I may have odds and sods lying about. Not tonight though.

The Zombie Dawn players must be cursing you for this btw.

=D I thought this placed had already figured out that most of my cognitive capacity comes from my rear! =D

As I said before - My method of time keeping mostly consists of "at some point" so there we go! =D

And as for Zombie Dawn players - I just made the model, it's up to you to design the stats for such a beast! (although, I did imagine it as being the centre point of an army during my design playabouts)

The Shadowscythe

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Alright, now I have to try one of these.

[s] Thanks Shadowscythe. [/sarcasam]

Let's see... time to get to work. :twisted:
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Alright. This is what I came up with. However, it doesn't exactly fit in with the rest of them I guess.

Meet the Chaser. A giant zombie mech, the Chaser class mechas specialize in tearing down buildings with their huge flail and chain-gun combo.

Yeah, it's not very good... I bow in acceptance of Shadowscythe's superior mech-building skills. Now back to building bases that I will never be able to afford.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Next

Return to The Armoury