Nitewatchman's infantry

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Nitewatchman's infantry

Postby Nitewatchman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Alright, so the few times I've ever posted pictures of my stuff on here, they've been crappy and not worth the time you spent vomiting in the bathroom after you looked at them. Well, I figure it's about time to make amends. I spent a few hours turning part of a bookshelf into a kind-of-crappy little studio for taking pictures of my infantry. I now present to you the majority of what I carry in my core infantry box, which I take to smaller games.

I have a lot more vehicles with a lot more guns, but the three I'll be showing here should do for now.

First up is this gun sled. I build it(primarily) from the contents of the three sets I recently posted in the loot thread. It belongs to a four-man mercenary crew that has recently been hired by Brik-End Kingdom(my faction) to defend against the invading Blokbots. It's armed with four short-range rockets, a sticky-bomb launcher, an anti-air turret, and a detachable drone with an attached auto-turret. I'll post a few more shots below, including a few of the weaponry.

This is an auto-cannon that's mounted on top of the drone that detaches from the sled.

This is the anti-air turret that sits on a pillar at the center of the sled. Double-barreled, meant to keep those pesky Blokbot fighters at bay.

This is the sticky-bomb launcher. It fires small explosive bombs that stick to a ship and can be detonated remotely at a later time. They're best used on large ships. Pop a few off as you make a pass, repeat that a few times, and then detonate the lot of them and blow a hole in someone's hull.

The crew.

This is one of the two primary infantry support vehicles. It's a large mech that the soldiers of Brik-End Kingdom just refer to as “The Bucket.” It's outfitted with a long-range cannon on its left arm, and a standard hand on the right arm, allowing for a variety of equipment. The only weapon that has been developed so far is an automatic rifle that it carries on its back, right on top of its jump pack. I'm pretty proud of this one, really. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would. Seats one and can dish out some real damage on the field.

The second primary infantry support vehicle is the Rapid Assault Tank. It's armed with two standard cannons on either side of the cockpit and a high-power, dual-barrel beam turret. There's also a short range rocket that can be launched from the turret. The crew of this tank and the pilot of The Bucket are three of the four members of Gray Squad, the unit assigned to pilot infantry support units. The fourth member, their Officer, was not available for the photoshoot.

Now come the grunts. The following units are not an actual fully-trained military, but a militia. All are volunteer soldiers from Brik-End Kingdom, aside from Clone Squad.

This is Tan Squad, Brik-End Kingdom's rapid response, ready-for-anything infantry unit. The units of tan squad are outfitted with a variety of equipment, ranging from a high power sniper rifle to a high-potency healing pack.

This is Blue Squad, the unit that is generally given more defensive roles. The squad consists of four Regulars armed with assault rifles, a Mechanik, a Medik, and an Officer.

These are the Farce Knights. The Farce Knights are generally assigned to The Baron, Brik-End Kingdom's all-powerful ruler, as body guards. They use the power of the Farce to overcome their lack of ranged weapons, easily overcoming most conventional units.

This is Clone Squad, the standard support unit sent by the Refublik, a faction allied with Brik-End Kingdom. It is made up of a scout, four Clone Troopers, a Medik, and an Officer. They take orders from the Baron as regular soldiers do.

These are the Peach Commandos. They have recently taken the position that Blue Squad once held, running missions behind enemy lines and dropping into hot-zones to clear the way for the rest of the Brik-End Kingdom militia.

Every good military has a few good Ninjas. Mine has six, one of which is a hybrid Ninja/Officer. They're equipped with a variety of deadly weapons and move swiftly across the battlefield. The Ninjas generally hide in the shadows, waiting for the Baron's orders. They are his private strike force, capable of eliminating enemy leaders at a moment's notice.

Well, hope you guys like the troops!

I'll be posting pictures of my space navy some time soon. They're all boxed up, so it takes a bit more doing to take good pictures of them.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Postby briknerd7 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:06 pm

whats black and white and red all over? Your gunsled when I kill its crew!
briks have great potential and great power
TROLOLO
briknerd7
Champion

Postby Ogel96 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Never waste a first reply with puns, and particularly bad ones at that.

The army's sweet dude! like the ninjas (especially wielding the crossbow) and the mech is great! can't wait to see the space armada!
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.
Ogel96
Jaw-Jaw

Postby En!gma » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:19 pm

I find that the lighting combined with the side of used future in your first picture makes it highly reminiscent of Borderlands, and therefore awesome.
En!gma
Officer

Postby Magic Soap » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:43 am

I think although half the stuff appears to be the junk a six year old LEGO builder makes, this at the same time captures that style of building and makes it good enough for Brikwars!. 8/10 (Richter scale)
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Warhead » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:54 am

Ludicrously brilliant. The Hogworts Griffindor Power Armour Pilot is inspired, lol. The tank is bizarre and humorous but gets the job done I'll bet. I like the skiff too as it looks like some sort of slave hunting capture vehicle I used to build a loooong time ago, the weapons on it need a little work IMHO and the troops look great.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Nitewatchman » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll try to post more of my larger creations soon, so you can see those, too.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Postby Doc Savage » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:38 pm

What happened to cannon fodder squad? Did the blokbots get 'em?
The brave Blokbot dies a thousand deaths, the cowardly one only five hundred.
TROLOLO
Doc Savage
Battlefield General

Postby Bragallot » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Doc Savage wrote:What happened to cannon fodder squad? Did the blokbots get 'em?

I suppose what happened to them is what usually happens to squads carrying that honourable title / function :)
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby MasterEcabob » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Magic Soap wrote:I think although half the stuff appears to be the junk a six year old LEGO builder makes, this at the same time captures that style of building and makes it good enough for Brikwars!. 8/10 (Richter scale)

Someone put this in the wiki.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Return to The Armoury