LDD Microspace Concept Designs

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

LDD Microspace Concept Designs

Postby Rev. Sylvanus » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 am

!! Warning !! If LDD or other lego CAD turns you off, feel free to hit backspace

Here are some LDD renderings of some fleet vessels for brikspace. I've broken down to using LDD since my own lego collection is pretty wimpy. I know there are several versions of brikspace floating around, but these ships were drafted with Olonothontor's in mind.

The first ship is the "Broadsword", name chosen to be a pun on "Broadside." As is apparent, the weapon batteries are mounted for starboard combat.

The Broadsword boasts a large laser battery, 2 medium laser batteries, 3 small laser batteries, Extra Plating, and a squadron (12) of fighters/bombers. Here, a fighter docks on the port-side:

Second for the evening is the "Crossbow" class cruiser. I haven't totally thought out the armament, so here's the base design:

Comments welcome; I have some smaller frigates on file that I will post at a latter date.
Last edited by Rev. Sylvanus on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor

Postby The Shadowscythe » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 am

Nice, I likey! =D

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Theblackdog » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:30 am

I like both of these designs, but it seems like they could use a little cleaning up to remove excess studs and cover gaps. For the Broadsword, you should replace the slope piece on top in the back with a pair of wedge pieces like the ones you used on the sides to give it a smoother look.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:15 am

I really like these designs. They seem more substantial than stuff I am able to create. Good job on the recessed weapons.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Rev. Sylvanus » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:37 pm

I appreciate the feedback, blackdog. I think the ships, sans excess studs come off much cleaner. I've edited the first to contain the newer, sleeker, studless hulls.

. Good job on the recessed weapons

Ironically, my whole inspiration for designing the "Broadsword" was to implement a row of recessed cannons not unlike colonial warships. They are probably my favorite part of the mock-up.
Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor

Frigate Showcase

Postby Rev. Sylvanus » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:47 am

Here are four frigate concept designs for the prospective fleet.

First is the Gauntlet Class frigate, serving as the basic combat frigate of the fleet:

Next is the Raven Class frigate, which is larger than the other three, serving as a small fighter platform (very small, lol):

Sleekest of the designs is the Scorpion Class frigate, which is designed to combat enemy fighters and/or bombers:

Finally, my least favorite design, the missle-packing Stinger Class frigate:
Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor

Return to The Armoury