Minifig Space equipment

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Minifig Space equipment

Postby Theblackdog » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:14 pm

After reading the report Strana posted for his minifig scale space battle against RoC and the Vol, I thought of a couple interesting ideas that might see use in a minifig scale space battle.

The Boarding Tank, a microsized tank designed to fit through the cramped spaces of a warship or building. It was inspired by someone (I forget who) saying that if they boarded the Vol cruiser, they would use a tank since it had a big hangar bay and fairly large rooms. The Boarding Tank carries a single flamethrower, so its offensive power is no greater than an ordinary trooper's, but its layer of defensive frontal armor makes it much harder to take down. I built this for combat inside buildings, but it's worth posting here.

Proof that it can fit through a 4 stud wide doorway. It's pretty much as mobile as a standard minifig.

A better version of this from a NELUG game. This was my original inspiration.

One idea that I'm quite proud of is the ram drone. Basically it's a small robot ship that allocates all of its weapon capacity to a giant CC weapon. I envision these being deployed in squadrons of 10-20 from the launch bay of a small to medium sized warship. Each ram drone can (probably) destroy a small fighter in a single attack. They're like anti-fighter missiles, but reusable!

Now back to pining for a bunch of giant spaceships.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Magic Soap » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:02 am

This would also make a good armoured-gunner emplacement along the side of a ship. Just imagine 10 of these all lined up along the side of a ship.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby AdrianTheGeek » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:47 pm

That tank is brilliant.
Does james+burgundy love men? I'll let you decide.
james+burgundy wrote:nice parts
james+burgundy wrote:Think you can get me the guys number
james+burgundy wrote:O I was hoping he'd stay at my place
AdrianTheGeek
Cannon Fodder

Postby briknerd7 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:21 pm

that tank is cool and it is nice and small yet armored, I like, it looks like its 6 wide though
briks have great potential and great power
TROLOLO
briknerd7
Champion

Return to The Armoury