Community Built Army

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:43 pm

yeah honestly i just meant any generic scandanavian names. and these are all perfect. i was just looking for stereotypical names, and names like Bjorn and Ingvar are perfect

and dude, girls can totally be metal. just look at Arch Enemy
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Houndis » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:47 pm

They're perfect? Great :)
Should I get you some Finnish names to make a Finnish member to the band?

I thought of that, but since I don't know about metal, I had no idea what women are in metal.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><
Houndis
Officer

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:17 pm

Danish names are also close - why not use Lego executives? Jørgen Vig, Kjeld Kirk, Gunnar Brock, and Torben Ballegaard would all make great metal superstars.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Almighty Benny » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:45 pm

Here are some suggestions. This idea is so badass that I fully intend to make this army myself as soon as I get some viking minifigs. I know that 4 wanted a character with the last name Umlaut, but that happens to be one of the characters from Guitar Hero. In an attempt to keep a shred of originality, the guitar player's name is based on this videogame rock legend.

Guitar: Magnus Larson (Those of you who have played guitar hero can probably already picture Magnus)
His name roughly translated means: The great son of Lars (the viking from guitar hero)

Vocals: Björn Wolff (Mentally unstable and unpredictable, completely out of control. Has a voice that can kill children and other small mammals)
His name literally translates to "Bear Wolf" because I think it's funny. Shut up.

Bass: Gunnar Skjeggesberg (A large, armored viking with a very thick beard)
An excellent name for a viking I made up. Gunnar is Norse for "Battle" and his last name is roughly: The bearded one's mountain. Because he's just that metal.

Drums: Thor Hjalmar (Beefy and scary looking, wears a giant helmet)
Thunder Helmet, need I say more?

Keyboard: Yngve Bjurbäck (often sacrificed by the other band members)
This name isn't really significant, much like a keyboard in a heavy metal band.

Also, 4 and I had already begun coming up with stats for a rock themed army on the Frappr forums, I'll link the stats he already came up with.
IVHorseman wrote:VOCALIST: spits out cookie-monster-esque death metal lyrics from his throat. causes all minifigs within 1d6 inches to drop everything and headbang until singer stops (his throat gets tired after 1d6 turns).

DRUMMER: always carries drumsticks of death, which are like small melee weapons, except he can use them as if they were rapid fire weapons (1d6 fire rate).

BASSIST: can blow amps to pieces with a funky base line. at will, the bassist can cause an amp to explode in a (size)d10 explosion. can only do up to 2 in one turn.

... and here's the stat card I made that he was talking about before:
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Skinnydude » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Wow Benny, that's hilariously perfect. Perhaps a roadie card next?

Speaking of roadies, I was thinking, shouldn't they have some sort of bonus applied to them the closer they are to the band members? Like maybe making them able to deal more damage, because the sheer awesomeness of the band is driving them into a headbanging craze.....

That and I was thinking of them having a "Mosh Pit" group attack. Basically using a bunch of random direction attacks(Or maybe random targets, whichever would work better) whenever they're in a large enough squad/group to whoever happens to be in front of/around/in the middle of them.
Well what've we got here....
Skinnydude
Champion

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:17 pm

I like the roadie idea - maybe metal stars need roadies to recharge their powers. (Or groupies, depending on exactly what kind of game you want to be playing.) Perhaps roadies are needed to re-equip after equipment-smashing or equipment-detonating moves, while groupies are needed to revive metal stars after they "burn out."
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Skinnydude » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Rayhawk wrote:I like the roadie idea - maybe metal stars need roadies to recharge their powers. (Or groupies, depending on exactly what kind of game you want to be playing.) Perhaps roadies are needed to re-equip after equipment-smashing or equipment-detonating moves, while groupies are needed to revive metal stars after they "burn out."

Hmmm, so roadies would basically be carrying around spare instruments, speakers, amps, etc to swap out with the band members? Which actually would be really funny on a battlefield, because you'd have "Nigel Axeman" running around, smashing the crap out of stuff, followed by a small swarm of roadies, each rushing to keep up while carrying tons of heavy equipment. Sounds kind of like an engineer type unit, while the groupies sound like mediks.
Well what've we got here....
Skinnydude
Champion

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:25 pm

i am in favor of just cutting to the chase and saying all their medix are just groupies.

also, i DID remember my old hyperventilating rant on the frappr, but i'm to lazy to hit ctrl+c and then ctrl+v. just too much.

although i WAS thinking that the bassist, being more of a support-member to a band can instead get a bass groove going that adds 2 to everyone's stats within 6" (but he must devote that turn's action to playing bass).

and i figure that for a mosh-pit thing, each squad gets to add 1 to their damage roll per member of a squad. like a squad of four that would normally do 4d6 damage now does 4d6+4 damage.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Carda » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:30 am

Ah, but a critical failure would mean that the members of your Mosh Squad inadvertently beat each other to death.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/
Carda
Officer

Postby Tzan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:11 am

When the band members join up in a squad they get a special attack.
The usual thing that happens when a band is together, is that they are playing a song, which of course means that girls are throwing their panties at them.

So make an attack roll and figs in range throw 1 piece of armor or a weapon they are carrying at the band, disarming them. This would also be a thrown object attack back at the band, perhaps with minuses on the attempt.

Make a group card showing the whole band with Lego executive names on it and send it to them. A very metal thing to do :)
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby piltogg » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:59 pm

wow, pretty soon this will have evolved enough that mike might end up adding a chapter to the rule book about metal armys.

hey benny, could you also post that card in the costom cards topic
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Almighty Benny » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:11 pm

My band members would just devour groupies and roadies to replenish their health, or whenever they just feel like devouring something. Which is always...
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Carda » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:36 pm

At this rate we're going to have to start developing entire BrikWars Codeks for these army concepts.

Actually that's not a bad idea...

The BrikWars METAL Codek, or "How to Destroy the World With Rock Music"

I'd buy one.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/
Carda
Officer

Postby piltogg » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:44 pm

when I was talking about executioners and biker gangs I meant those to be squads for the metal army not entire armys
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby piltogg » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:49 pm

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury