The Military of Nyphilis United

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Who would win in a fight?

BoB
9%
A Triangle
11%
Brikthulu
49%
a nuke
31%

Total votes: 45

beluga
Officer

Post by beluga » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:24 pm

While visiting the aforementioned battleship's construction yard, General Yadlin realized they needed a warship that could be produced in mass numbers while having enough weapons to hold its own. He commissioned the construction of a new spaceship, one that would give the Nyphilian Empire the biggest bang for it's buck...

The Peacekeeper-class cruiser has now filled the position as backbone of our great fleet. The design is unique in that, unlike other Nyphilian spaceships, it is not designed around a superweapon and instead relies on a cluster of smaller turrets for defense.

In addition to being a formidable warship, it also has a carrier function, and can hold 6 fighters on external racks.

A variant of the Peacekeeper is the Hunter-class. It is modified to mount a battleship killer cannon, able to slice through the toughest armor without a hitch.

Lacking a proper introduction, the Chimera-class destroyer has much, much thicker armor than other capital ships of its size, and has a two-part death cannon/ EMPs. They are especially effective in pairs, with one destroyer EMPing the target while the other blasts it with the death cannons.

Size comparison of the SHIP classes.

The standard Nyphilian patrol fleet.
  ▲
▲ ▲
Hail the Triangle!

beluga
Officer

Post by beluga » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Ah, Nyphilis, we shalt exist forever, growing and expanding to the stars and beyond! No threat shalt stop us, no force shall destroy us, we shall spread like a fire on parchment!

What? Oh, yeah, we just had to declare civil war on some stupid system called Rebelus that wants to secede. We have sent the Sector 16 group fleet to quell the uprising, wish us luck on suppressing the idiots.
  ▲
▲ ▲
Hail the Triangle!

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 am

Why is it that I'm seeing so many people classify a destroyer as being bigger than a cruiser? A destroyer is a smallish warship, a fast and light craft for raiding, intruding, intercepting, and generally being a nuisance. A cruiser is a full-strength, powerful, mid-range craft designed specifically to destroy other warships. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:14 am

It is modified to mount a battleship killer cannon, able to slice through the toughest armor without a hitch.

Chimera-class destroyer has much, much thicker armor than other capital ships of its size
If you left stuff like this behind, it would really help. Just saying.

Edit: BTW can anyone tell me what this Pedo stuff is about? I totally missed what happened (not that I'm not grateful). I chose to ignore it at first 'cos it wasn't really something I wanted to think about or anything but it does seem like something I'm supposed to be aware of so...
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:09 pm

I've been saying that about Destroyers since I came here. Stupid, stupid little kiddies... I even have a Wiki thing about Immortal Ship Classes just so I don't get tainted by the d'uh of the ship class debacle.

EDIT: Brag@ It's on the Wiki, hey pay attention or learn it for yourself! :) I don't care if you or anyone else doesn't get it, I'm sick explaining about the little shitbastardfuckcuntriphisheadoffandshitdownhisneckcocksuckingfecktard.
Last edited by Warhead on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm going to have to agree with Elmagnifico on this...

The ship in the middle of your fleet is the same as the minifig-scale one you already built. Well, I hate to inform you of this but that one is too small to be a battleship -- even my massive 140+ studs Venus SHIP is much too small for that category. So what I'm saying is you probably want to build micro ships bigger than that one if you want to call them battleships or whatever.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Elmagnifico wrote:Why is it that I'm seeing so many people classify a destroyer as being bigger than a cruiser? A destroyer is a smallish warship, a fast and light craft for raiding, intruding, intercepting, and generally being a nuisance. A cruiser is a full-strength, powerful, mid-range craft designed specifically to destroy other warships. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
Its probably because of the name, but that isint an excuse...

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:41 pm

destroyer is a contraction of torpedo boat destroyer but destroyers have evolved to engage many different threats(not surface ships)
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:03 pm

This is why the scale should go: Ship, Big Ship, Really Big Ship, Really Really Big Ship...

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:36 pm

For more info on the destroyer/cruiser classification look up the warships on wikipedia, destroyers have around three turrets with single guns, normally around 4-6 inch or less.

Cruisers are normally given 3 (sometimes 4) turrets with 6inch or bigger guns they are also a lot bigger than destroyers.

PS: before somebody makes this mistake, the calibre on a big gun (like a warship's) is how long it is, not how big the projectile/barrel are.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:05 pm

ikensall wrote:For more info on the destroyer/cruiser classification look up the warships on wikipedia, destroyers have around three turrets with single guns, normally around 4-6 inch or less.

Cruisers are normally given 3 (sometimes 4) turrets with 6inch or bigger guns they are also a lot bigger than destroyers.

PS: before somebody makes this mistake, the calibre on a big gun (like a warship's) is how long it is, not how big the projectile/barrel are.
Isn't this changing though with the newer missile Destroyers? Don't they have even less guns as their role is to carry the launch tubes?
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Well, yeah, but if you want to be like that then you could quote from the 19th century navy where Frigates were warships of the line. I think WWII convensions suit space navies best IMO.

beluga
Officer

Post by beluga » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Natalya wrote:I'm going to have to agree with Elmagnifico on this...

The ship in the middle of your fleet is the same as the minifig-scale one you already built. Well, I hate to inform you of this but that one is too small to be a battleship -- even my massive 140+ studs Venus SHIP is much too small for that category. So what I'm saying is you probably want to build micro ships bigger than that one if you want to call them battleships or whatever.
It's not my battleship, that's under construction. The thing in the middle is my micro representation of the Midgetman.

Edit: In brikspace it says destroyers were bigger than cruisers even though it sounds stupid. I just went a long with it since it's THE official microspace rulebook.
Last edited by beluga on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  ▲
▲ ▲
Hail the Triangle!

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Are we really having this debate again? I thought we exhausted it last time and concluded that every military has the right to assign their designation names as accurately or inaccurately as they want.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Elmagnifico wrote:Why is it that I'm seeing so many people classify a destroyer as being bigger than a cruiser?
I do it too. Blame Star Wars.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.