The Black Hat Men

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Theblackdog
Pooplord

The Black Hat Men

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:49 am

The Black Hat Men are one of the largest mercenary forces in the Galaxy. Emphasizing quantity over quality, they have an army whose size rivals that of many smaller governments'.

Here we see two squads of infantry, led by Commander Black, advancing with support from a Boar APC and a Scythe assault fighter.

Of course, you've seen the Boar APC before. But I decided to put it permanently under Black Hat control, and altered its color scheme to remove as much white as possible. (The Boar is an ex-T.L.A. design, but they were all sold off as surplus as it was too slow to fit the T.L.A.'s style of play).

Commander Black with his command staff. Elite units are rare in the Black Hat force, but not entirely unheard-of. On the far right is a ninja infiltrator armed with a combination flail/beamsaber and an explosive charge dispenser. To the left of Commander Black (who wields a modified PHMG -- I steal all my weapon designs from you, you know) is a heavy trooper carrying an (again, stolen) storm bolter. The orange suited guys are medik/mechanik support.

View of the regular infantry force. The Black Hat Men prefer to use overwhelming numbers of cheap rifle troops, overwhelming their opponents with a massive barrage of fire. They have a few heavy weapons, though. There are 2 officers, 6 rifle grunts, a bazooka trooper, and a minigunner.

Closer look at the right hand squad.

And at the left hand squad. The troops without visored helmets are officers.

Scythe aerospace fighter. Not so much an air/space combat vehicle as an atmospheric fighter with a small rocket engine so that it can be deployed and recovered by orbiting spacecraft. It's slow compared to most modern aircraft, but surprisingly agile for its size and capable of carrying 8 inches of missile payload in addition to its twin-Mk.II guns. Also: retractable landing gear. The red markings on the fins and engines show that this particular craft is part of the elite Rouge Squadron.and that I don't have engines or fins in any other color. I'll post a mocpages gallery as soon as mocpages stops running slow again. And I need to take some new pictures.

I can't decide whether I like the wings forward or backward.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 am

Nice work on the weaponry in some places. Obviously I still like the APC design, although I'm still inclined to harass you about a more uniform color scheme. The Scythe is great (and a near-perfect model of color uniformity, if I were to continue that tangent). Overall, nice.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:10 am

The wings look better as they are in the first picture.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:15 am

Excellent army, I like the tank and fighter a hell of a lot, and I thought I built BIG fighters. It's a great shape. I have the parts for Mr BlackHatMan... h'mm. Have you been sig-figged yet?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:25 am

Ship's are quite neato.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:19 am

Thank you all.

@Olothontor: these guys use up all but 3 of the black minifig torsos I have. My cover story for the mismatched equipment and uniforms is that the Black Hat company buys whatever's cheapest at the time -- hence the different uniforms and such.

@Dilanski: which wing design looks better depends on what angle you're viewing the plane from. When seen from the side, for example, the forward swept wings look better.

@Warhead: I haven't been, mostly because I can't think of what my sigfig would be. I don't think this guy is exactly it. I was toying with the idea of asking you to include these guys in Fall of Fico, but they look too much like the U.S.A. for that. Thanks anyway.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:27 am

Someone used my design for something. :shock:

Anyways, it's a pretty nice army overall, but the vehicles are definitely the highlight. The Boar is really nice, but I agree with Oloth in that it would look a lot better with more uniform colours. The Scythe is fantastic, it's big yet it still looks fast. I also think the wings look better in the first picture.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:14 pm

I replaced the PHMG bi-pod with a Warhead style cooking pot ammo drum, if you were interested. I think it looks better that way, but that's just me...

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Heh, I feel amused somebody bothered to copy my Storm Bolter.

Just a friendly tiptoid, I've found that it works better if you switch the handles so the minifig is holding the inner one and the targeting/handguard doodad is on the outside. Just a thought.

Anyway, the Boar and Scythe are as awesome as any we've seen from you. I especially like the Boar's front turret. Oh, and I like the Scythe's wings backward.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:40 pm

The fighter is phenomenal! Great shape!

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:28 pm

I see no hastily scribbled IP adresses or Linux, therefore these are not Black Hats.

dragonslayer15
Champion
Champion

Post by dragonslayer15 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:15 am

Lovin the spaceship.. all in all everythings awesome!
life completion equation is.. Legos+Girls+food+ video games=Life.. yep all you need