Warheads: ARMY OF THE DAMNED

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Warhead
kaka pants

Warheads: ARMY OF THE DAMNED

Post by Warhead » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:28 am

HERE IN LIES THE ARMY OF THE DAMNED

:warhead: ABANDON ALL HOPE ALL MOMS WHO ENTER HERE :warhead:

*(The Host so far).

I've begun to assemble my own Undead Horde to carry out my unholy bidding. I'll post up pics and stats (which may be subject to change, once I have them sorted out) as I complete the formations. Any help with stats would be welcome... probably. :)

Fist of all War Chariots! (As seen fashioned here by Lord Warhead himself, tonight Warhead is wearing a cheeky black ensemble with flame retardant cape... I never said I was going to be serious about it, now did I).

The Black Hearse of the Damned

Defeated in combat by Warhead the living dead Pharaoh Suuk'a'Teetee is forever trapped in the sarcophagus where his powers are drained to fuel Lord Warheads own ambitions. The pain and torment is excruciating and only the bravest of mortals will approach the Hearse. (Cases Fear). The powers that are siphoned off can provide extra dice to be cashed in each turn or banked and used on later turns... but if Suuk'a'Teetee is ever released..?

(WIP: still to complete. I'm planning to re-do).

THE WAR CHARIOT

Move: 10" Armour: 1D10 (2HP) Skill: 1D6+2 (Individual stats for the skeleton archer and the Wight)

Fear: - The Knightmare causes fear, units charged/attacked by this unit must make a skill check vs. 1D6+2 or become disrupted prior to the attack.

Scythe Attack: The Chariot can attack without getting bogged down in melee by passing within 1" of an opponents formation and carrying on it's move. Range: 1" Use: 4+ Damage: 1D6+2

The Horse drawing the Chariot is a NightMare which causes Fear due to it's horrid blazing aspect and aura. Fear leads to hate... no, wait... Fear leads to running away.

*(There will be two of these units)

Wight

The War Chariots are driven by evuul Wight Hero's. These abominations thrive on killing and pain. This one has still to be finished but I managed to used an extra part fom BrickForge that had a missing shoulder piece.

Screaming Skull Catapult

The Skulls explode in flames when they hit and make eerie screaming noises when they are catapulted through the air.

Harpy !!!THIS UNIT WILL NOW BE A DARK ELF UNIT!!!

Not often seen in great numbers these solitary, secretive and mean spirited creatures are a great asset to any Evuul army. The speed and ferocity of they're attack means they can leave enemies stunned and unable to retaliate. The Harpy moves, attacks and then withdraws back to it's original position. Units without ranged weapons (not war machines) or long hafted weapons (Largest Halberds and upwards) are unable to counter.

Undying HighLord Warhead

Check out the new threads!

Now with Buh-itches! Two Vampire Wumin protecting my boney ass. Bet you wish your girlfriend was a blood drinking freak like mine. :lol:

Necromancer

There is a Necromancer that accompanies the zombies in a horde. Look at him, what an unhealthy pallor. Anyway, those Necromancers can't do much more than keep their Zombies under control and infecting the living. Raising the dead is for more serious Necromancers who don't have to Zombie Sit.

Necromancer: she's in front with the green sword and stuff.

The Necromancer is a very important member of any Undead Army. There are many different types and each has it's own style and character, this one has hailed from far distant lands and even has his own Wight bodyguard. He can control some aspects of Death Magic and has dominion over the will of the Undead.

Vampire Counts: Cavalry

Powerful but self serving, these units are only for the strong of will to control. They number few but are Cursed Champions of Terror.

*(Not sure of their special abilities yet, they just look frikin' cool. Although these ones in the pic look like they've just realised the sun's up!)

Death Knights There may be some changes here between Death Knights being Wights and making the majority Skeleton Cavalry. (Vampire Knights/Death Knights-Wights and then Skeleton Centaur and then Skeleton Cavalry).

Move: 5" Armour: 6 (+1 vs. arrows) Skill: 1D6+2

Undead Steed
Move: 10" Armour: 6 (+1 vs. arrows) Skill: 1D6

Death Lance - Range: 2" Use: 4+ Damage: 1D10+2
Death Sword - Range - Use: 3+ Damage: 1D6+2
Shield - Use: 2+ Parry: 1D6

Death Knights once powerful Knights that fell from grace and became Evuul. They're search for power brought them to corruption and decay. Now in death they are bound with the darkest of Necromancy and retain their formidable skills and abilities after death. Armed with cursed and blighted weapons these make powerful Cavalry units.

*(Still need two more skeletal horses).

Skeleton Centaurs

These constructs have been put together by the Necromantic arts to form an operation of skeleton cavalry. They are swift and strong proving invaluable to any Undead army.

Barrow Wights AKA: Mummies.

Now with banner and...

Glowing eerie eyes!...

Move: 4" Armour: 6 (+1 vs. Arrows) Skill: 1D6+2

Mace - Range: - Use: 3+ Damage: 1D6+2

*Barrow Curse: Living units engaged by Barrow Wights in close combat are Cursed on a 4+ on a D6 prior to combat. Cursed units have a -1 modifier to all their armour/skill and damage rolls thereafter, Curse can be dispelled on later turns.

These slow mummified Wights can cause a Curse on their enemies due to an arcane spell. Like other Wights they retain all the skill they once had in life.

This unit once served the living dead Pharaoh Suuk'a'Teetee who currently is trapped in Lord Warheads Hearse. They serve Lord Warhead now but if Suuk'a'Teetee ever escapes they will serve their master again.

*(Don't know if I'll give them shields or make the maces two handed and bigger).

Battle Wight

Move: 5" armour: 6 (+1 vs. Arrows) Skill: 1D6+1

Death Blade - Range: - Use: 3+ Damage: 1D6+2
Shield - Use: 2+ Parry: 1D6

Formally men at arms of Knights who have fallen from grace into Evuul, they follow their masters still. Bound by the darkest of Necromancy these guys have retained their formidable skills and abilities after death. They serve as the Elite Infantry.

Screaming Phantom

Move: 10" Armour: 6 (Ethereal) Skill: 1D6+2

*Scream of the Banshee - Range: 6" Use: 4+ Damage: 1D10, only effects the living
Spirit Scythe - Range: - Use: 3+ Damage: 1D10

These tortured undead spirit creatures can each make a short ranged attack with a dreadful Banshee Scream that kills. They are incorporeal until such time as they make a physical attack. They ignore terrain including walls.

*(The unit is unfinished, I'm thinking white is best for the whole Ghost like qualities, I will be making five of these units).

Skeleton Infantry: Swordsmen

Move: 4" Armour: 6 (+1 vs. Arrows) Skill: 1D6

Sword: - Range: - Use: 2+ Damage: 1D6
Small Shield - Use: 3+ Parry: 1D6

Just your average animated Skeleton types but with rusty armour and swords and shields. Again, Skeletons are resilient to arrows but are fairly mindless and need direction or will listlessly mill about.

Skeleton Infantry: Pole-arms

Polearms

Spears

Move: 5" Armour: 4 (+1 vs. Arrows) Skill: 1D6

Polearm - Range: - Use: 4+ Damage: 1D6+2
Spear - Range: 6" Use: 4+ Damage: 1D6+1 (Two spears)
Small Shield - Use: 3+ Parry: 1D6

Just your average boring ol' animated Skeleton types with polearms and spears. They can throw these spears before the unit charges into combat. Again, Skeletons are resilient to arrows but are fairly mindless and need direction or will listlessly mill about.

*(I will be able to field two formations of this unit).

Skeleton Archers x2 Units

Move: 5" Armour: 4 (+1 vs. Arrows) Skill: 1D6

Bows - Range: 10" Use: 3+ Damage: 1D6

With the Skeletons un/natural abilities this unit can prove very deadly. The War Chariot carries one of these Skeletons. Skeletons are resilient to arrows but are fairly mindless and need direction or will listlessly mill about.

Zombies

Surplus heads for the infection on other mini-figs. :mrgreen:

Move: 4" Armour: 5 Skill: 1D6/2* Damage: 1D6-1* (Mobbing Up Bonus, Zombie Bite 4+ on D6 at end of turn, Easy to Re-animate +1 Bonus to spell casting).

*Mobbing Up Bonus: Divide the number of stands in attacking formation, including all other formations of the same type and divide this by the number of defenders. Note: Mobbing only works if THEY are the attacker. Drop fractions, this provides the bonus to damage and to hit rolls. I may have to test this one for hiden or unforseen problems.

Zombie Contagion: Any living mini-fig killed in close combat by a zombie becomes a zombie on a D6 roll of 4+ at the start of the next turn. just add the stand to the Zombie baseplate with an appropriate head.

Zombies are slow but resilient and easy to replace or raise. Their bite can cause an infection turning their enemies into more zombies. Although easy to defeat singly in a mob they can soon overwhelm stronger oponents. However, they are mindless and need constant attention or they'll shamble off looking for brains.

*(Still to do lots of work with the paint set, but you get the idea. They will come in a block of 15 units but can add more to it's formation due to more zombies being made in various ways - I have enough zombie heads for 30 more. They can Mob-Up on opponents).

Plague Rats

Move: 7" Armour:4 (2HP per plate) Skill: 1D6 Damage: 1D6/2* (Mobbing Up Bonus to damage only)

*Plague: Enemy units attacked sucessfully by a swarm of Plague Rats can become sick on the roll of a 4+ on a D6 after the attack. All surviving units suffer a -1 to their skill rolls. Plague can be healed in later turns.

These scampering swarms of plague ridden vermin proceed many Undead Armies and can overwhelm their foes with a sea of biting, contagious evuul rodents. Again these creatures must be controlled in order for them to be effective.

Due to their small size Plague Rats can move through enemy formations without stopping so long as they pass a difficult terrain test otherwise they take a hit as the enemy tries to stamp on them as they pass.
Last edited by Warhead on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:54 am, edited 11 times in total.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:59 am

Haha, sweet.

Now bring on the rest! :D
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:25 am

I think that that is not an normal horse, am I right? (I mean stats, of course it's not an normal horse)

Awesome. But I think you need more of these to make enemy shield walls shatter, albeit I think you have more.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 am

Oh, yeah. The Black Horses are NightMares, they cause fear. I'll get to that later though.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:32 am

Ok. Those halberds though in the front aren't very game-wise; the points of the weapons can't hit the enemy with the NightMare blocking the way. But they look cool of course, I think that is the purpose of them? :D
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:59 am

Haha, yeah well you don't ram with a chariot, well maybe once but I wouldn't imagine it'd survive. They are for slicing past the enemy and for shooting from the back of it. Also, spells on wheels! :D

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 pm

My undead army is going through some pretty big changes, both the way they look as stats-wise, to make them less like a normal army. I'm excited to see how this one will turn out, no doubt badass with the amount of skellies you have.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:41 pm

The fire whip is also a great touch. Gives the whole MOC a wonderful feel IMO. :D
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Onward with the rest of the horde! Btw Warhead I think replacing the wheels with something else that could attach side blades and spikes would greatly increase its kpk (kills per kilometer) ratio hm? :twisted:

spartan117
Officer

Post by spartan117 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:16 pm

I really love the whip, but im not so sure i like the warhead its just so...plain :?

but I do love the demonic chariot :D

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Updated, now with more content... well, more pics.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Nice solution with the archer skeletons, didn't think of that yet...

... which kinda describes my creativity.

FISH!!!
Cannon Fodder
Location: At my computer, typing whatever it says in that box->

Post by FISH!!! » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:19 pm

I see Shades! Any relation to my ones or just the same name?
The War cariots awsome though, I'm definatly building my own...
(It'll make a nice replacement for my scraped Skelie Knights...)

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Oh my, even more stuff... and very cool stuff...

Slightly jelly :)

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:34 pm

@F!SH: Aah-yup, I sort of had all these black Skeletons and wanted to make a cool and sinister squad (since I had so many) and thought of your "Shades" Where'd you get all those snazzy shields for them?

@Zahru: :shock: Don't talk such utter pish. The entire Medivo Kingdom (and others here) has been an inspiration and the armies are only restricted by model availability/cost just like everyone else, not by lack of any sort creativity on your part. Total nonsense statement, so shut it. :)