Lost Valley Time Forgot Filled With Treasure And Dinosaurs.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:11 am

Warhead wrote:"Wit? Can yah noe tak a joke eh, ma'lady? Have a nice day! Who dinna' ken thone similey an' it'ul fair antagonise them Frog bastids an'aw, hahahaha!"

Awesome Mech is awesome. Great idea!
A very good point and well made too :wink:
Thanks for the nice comments :)

Well as it happened 'Smiley' is a Mk 1 prototype Steam Powered Trooper and he was sent out to the Dinoreich garrison, 'fer a wee bita 'a laugh ye ken...' A proper Mk 2 Steam Powered Trooper was sent out shortly afterwards and he looks to be a much more serious bit of kit.

Flamer (far side), 2 pounder cannon (lower near side) and steam ball bearing catapult (top near side).
The steam ball bearing catapult is a peculiar invention of the New Glasgow naval shipyards. Boiler steam pressure is used to fire worn out ball bearings that would otherwise be thrown away at a considerable velocity. Not really as good as a machine gun, but it would certainly keep enemy heads down. :D

'Smiley' will have his uses though, troopers on patrol have already discovered that he makes very good mobile hard cover; - not to mention that he doesn't seem to mind at all if he carries all the heavy kit.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:42 am

Britannian inovation will save us all, good work Admiral!

8)

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:10 am

Ahahahah! A wonderful idea!
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:58 am

All Sergeant Thunder has ever wanted is to be in charge of a garrison of soldiers who all look neat and tidy in the SAME uniform and are all from the SAME regiment. But look what he's got to contend with; - Standing alongside his fine upright Royal Marines there's a left over dimwit trooper from the original Dinoreich garrison, a bunch of New Glasgow scruffs, - a couple of clanking nuts and bolts experimental mechanical men - and now...... and now.......

.......Sergeant Brass of the White Sector Star Rangers and what's left of his unit after taking on several of the alien slavers inhabiting the fringe worlds, - Misery, Hell and Damnation, - and locking them up and throwing away the key.

'Having a medal t' pin on his jacket and a mechanical left arm doesn't make a man a soldier,' - that's Sergeant Thunder's option. 'Running about with a bunch of johnnys who don't know what a proper uniform is; Buttons not shined, boots without a lick of nugget. No wonder League is going t' the dogs'.

No doubt the rivalry between the two sergeants will continue, but despite that the Star Rangers are going to be the latest body of troops to be assigned to Dinoreich. They are a volunteer unit drawn from the White Sector colonies and despite their uniforms being largely what was left over in the quartermaster's stores they are a hardy bunch well able to live off the land. Having run out of rifles I've given them flintlocks until I can sort them out something better. Possibly at least one of them will be given a Harpers volley gun and when I get some more Police torsos I'll add more troops to the Star Rangers to make them a larger unit.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:08 am

We must never forget that the Empire was first made by such rough and ready Pioneers striving to bring civilisation to the farthest reaches and the ravening horde from our doors. Perhaps for morale's sake you could increase the Gin ration once in a while and give the lads a small taste of home to remeber their roots, pride and honour... and forget where they currently are.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:52 am

Those robots could only be cooler if they turned into steam-powered cars, locomotives, gyrocopters, etc.

Anyway, nice work, Nun!

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:Those robots could only be cooler if they turned into steam-powered cars, locomotives, gyrocopters, etc.

Anyway, nice work, Nun!
The thought of all those folding joints and bits........ stack dump overload on line 24..... buzz flicker, tilt....

Yes I thought a spot of rivalry between a spit and polish sergeant from the Core League Worlds and a local practical volunteer colony Sergeant would brighten up the tale telling.
As soon as I can track down the needed bits I'll be increasing the numbers in the New Glasgow troopers ranks as well. I've got the bits needed to put together another Royal Marine except for the breathing gear and that should complete Sergeant Thunder's lads for now.