Lost Valley Time Forgot Filled With Treasure And Dinosaurs.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:28 am

People would often laugh at Itchy Dave the scrapyard owner and his strange inventions, but this time he knew he was onto a winner......

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:06 am

The postman brought a big bag of 'down on their luck' minifigs this morning and I was really pleased to discover that there were enough bits to make three Royal Marines type chaps. Their hats aren't quite right as they are all wearing clone hats and helmets from Cogo sets. I'll paint the sergeant's hat black and I haven't made up my mind yet as to whether the other two's helmets are properly suitable for British Empire space marines.

The sergeant is armed with Gribble's patent galvanic disruptor (essentially a paralysing rayrun) and the other two have the new issue sonic blasters (sometimes unkindly refered to as 'f**t guns')

And I'd better hurry up and paint that marine's gold buttons back on before he catches a rocket from his sergeant. :lol:

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:09 am

I'm liking these recent developments. Your four-legged walking fortress reminds me of an artist's impression of the Flying Fortress.

Keep up the ossum!
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:44 am

Whoa! That flying fortress artwork is seriously amazing. I wonder how long before somebody tries to build it :lol:

My walking blockhouse might get a little more rebuilding yet now that I've taken delivery of more bricks. It only travels at walking pace, but with a dirty big gun downstairs it doesn't exactly need to race about the place.

I worked on the British Empire Space Marines a little and improved their appearance. I've decided that those helmets can stay as I'm not using anything that looks like them in any of my other armies. I wonder what they'd look like with frogman type respirator gear? - must check that out......

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:48 am

Frogmen? Hell yes.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Yay! Itchy Dave made a sale! :D

I'm working towards getting everything set for a walker battle in the Lost valley. These new chaps are treasure hunters and according to Itchy Dave they're South Africans.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Silverdream wrote:Boers? Ready to exact revenge on the Britannian oppressors?
Yes I thought it would create a nice touch of animosity and make things interesting. :D

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:48 pm

haha, cute little walker there, I love the front grill :) . also, about the forum battle: make it happen!

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:15 am

It's a Kommando walker!

White Nun
Dimmy

River gunboat.

Post by White Nun » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:59 am

This is something I've been wanting to build for a while, - a good old fashioned river gunboat.

Even though it's built on two hulls this is a really small gunboat and after trying to fit in a funnel and steam gubbins I gave up and decided it has one of those new-fangled Otto cycle engines and the exhaust is run up the centre of the mast (yes such things were done in reality).

Many years ago now there was a set of beta version river gunboat rules available free entitled, 'More Gunboat Diplomacy'. Fortunately I still have a printed copy of the free rules because they cost money these days. The rules weren't intended for micro model gunboats they were intended for models sized for 25-28mm wargaming figures. I always wanted to have a go, but baulked at building a suitable fleet of gunboats. Now with Lego (and certain other clone brands) my dream is made possible! Yay!

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:22 am

You don't see a lot of Lego watercraft. But I do like to see them. It doesn't look like the fore cannon can move around at all, though. It needs to be able to point to the sides to engage land targets.

You seem to have a box of hobbits.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:34 am

Yes I think I'm going to remount that cannon on the bow as mounting it where I did wasn't one of my best ideas.

Yes I've got a box of Hobbits. I put together an army of Hobbits for Warhammer and I had a lot of fun with them at the time. Their best victory ever was against Dark Elves which surprised everybody including me :shock:

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:30 am

I like that cannon. Where'd you get it? It looks like maybe Best Lock?
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:48 am

I'm really liking all of these new creations you're rolling out here! The new walker is, again, a perfect merging of Bionix and Steampunk and the riverboat screams awesome.

One suggestion I have for the Royal Marines would be to give them either oxygen tanks or gold pauldrons. The oxygen tanks shouldn't be hard to find, but they make figs look a million times cooler. And honestly, what's a commanding officer without some kind of shiny shoulder pauldron?
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Nitewatchman wrote:I like that cannon. Where'd you get it? It looks like maybe Best Lock?
It's from a Mega Bloks 'Command Ops' set; - No: 5522 'Secret Case Capture'. I wish I had more of them :(

@MasterEcabob: Yes I agree something like gold pauldrons and oxygen tanks are very much needed to complete the Royal Marines. Thanks for your suggestions and your nice comments on my latest MOCs. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now.
:)