Lost Valley Time Forgot Filled With Treasure And Dinosaurs.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Postby Nitewatchman » Sun May 01, 2011 3:01 pm

xD Itchy Dave's face is hararious.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Postby Zahru II » Sun May 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Haha, this is great.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby RunsWithLegos » Sun May 01, 2011 4:39 pm

these are so damn awesome!

man. i need to remake the junktrons!
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Pwnerade » Sun May 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Why does it have a tire on a string? Or should I just :sbr:?
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby jmatthew » Sun May 01, 2011 5:47 pm

I absolutely adore this entire thread so far! Itchy Dave's taxi--especially the way the bionicle feet are used--reminds me a lot of a troop carrier I made for <a href="http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2106&highlight=steampunk+army">my far less polished steampunk army</a> a couple years ago.
I love your attention to detail in everything you create, and the extensive fictional history they all already seem to have.
jmatthew
Cannon Fodder

Postby White Nun » Sun May 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Pwnerade wrote:Why does it have a tire on a string? Or should I just :sbr:?

Tyre on a string?! Nothing of the sort lad, - that's the patent passenger rescuing device should anybody fall in the water. :lol:

Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments :D

@jmatthew: Thanks for the link to your own Steampunk creations, - you've certainly got some good ideas there that are right on the money for a Steampunk universe.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Warhead » Mon May 02, 2011 1:32 am

An exquisite build, and yes I'm talking about the Lego model. 8)
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Killer Karetsu » Mon May 02, 2011 7:30 am

Hm. Again a nice model, but I doubt that it is dinosaur proof..moar guns/harpoons?
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Postby White Nun » Mon May 02, 2011 8:04 am

Warhead wrote:An exquisite build, and yes I'm talking about the Lego model. 8)

Oh wow! - gee whizz thanks :oops:

I'm thinking about making a canvas roof over the cargo space/passenger area just to finish the walker off. Some sort of crane arm type lifting device would be good too.
The taxi isn't fitted with any weapons, but as a Brikwars vehicle it can carry gun toting passengers in sufficient numbers to inflict a certain amount of damage on most things. Main uses would be bringing in reinforcements/stores/ammo/fuel, carrying messages and generally being around to cart off busted tech and vehicle bits back to the scrapyard.

I've been working on the mysterious Lost Civilisation people from time to time and I've pretty much settled on them being armed with weapons such as spears, bows, swords and the like, but their magician priests being their main strength. The presence of lighter skinned individuals among them is just another part of their general mysteriousness and is much speculated upon by anthropologists and other scientific folk who can only guess at their civilisation's history.

The magician priests possess the awful ability to enthrall the bodies of those who attempted to desecrate their sacred temples and tombs. Under the control of the priests these once hulks of men can be compelled to attack the city's foes.

The Sacred Priestess of Argh carries her spear of office which she employs to encourage those who are chosen to attend upon the god to enter the bottomless pit which is the dwelling place of Argh.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby White Nun » Mon May 02, 2011 6:55 pm

There was a very small British garrison on Dinoreich, but over time it became very small indeed with just Trooper Clark and his much patched steam patrol walker as the sole official British Empire presence on the planet. After Sergeant Creosote got eaten by a Velociraptor things went downhill on the discipline front. Trooper Samuels ran off and married one of the natives, Trooper Grimes suffered a distressing accident while attempting to climb the flagstaff naked, afterwards went mad and ran into the forest never to be seen again, and finally Trooper Faust managed to lose himself in a card game to a band of slave traders.

When Sergeant Thunder and the Royal Space Marines arrived poor Trooper Clark didn't half get a strip torn off, - which he didn't think was all that fair since he'd been doing his best to keep things ticking over.
Sergeant Thunder wasn't impressed either wiv the modifications that'd been made to the patrol walker; - then he hadn't been chased about by a lot of hungry dinosaurs looking for lunch. When the hydralics went on the left leg Itchy Dave did a fair job of converting the drive over to mechanical actuation. Worked well too even if the walker now got about with a wee bit of a non regulation swagger about its movements. Fitting up that power axe from that busted Forestry 'bot worked out well too, so what if the arm was still in red lead primer and the green on the axe didn't match. Paint won't keep the blinking dinosaurs off.
She's a good old walker is Blue. Hang your laundry up between the boiler and the steam receiver and it drys out a treat. Getting Itchy Dave to fit up those taps on the boiler for having a brew or a decent shower bath was a good idea too, but you think bleed'n Segeant Thunder would have it..........
Last edited by White Nun on Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby RunsWithLegos » Mon May 02, 2011 7:05 pm

NIce fluff!
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Pwnerade » Tue May 03, 2011 2:11 am

Ooh, natives. I can imagine them ambushing people and taking away their stuff as prizes, and doing weird rituals. And another great walker, too.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby White Nun » Tue May 03, 2011 7:46 am

Thanks guys :D

Spent some time sorting out minifigs today and managed to gather some together for a group photo.

The ones at the back are by Best-Lock in both desert camo and olive green. I'm not really sure what I'll do with them yet.
The chaps in the German helmets are head swaps on Mega Bloks figures. The two in dark red aren't quite so convincing, but the three in mucky white look more the part.
The other guys in olive green are Chinese soldiers by several different Chinese makers.

These guys will be my Steampunk Germans until something better comes along; - though if I found more of the guys in white I might change my mind. (I think I'll have a go at painting the guys in dark red some more to see if I can improve them.)

The Chinese guys are a real mixed bag. The three in the back are by basic clone manufacturers. The two wearing what looks a lot like green school blazers are by 'Ligao' and the other is by 'Kazi'. The chap with the rifle is by 'Sluban' and the one with the red star on his helmet is by 'Enlighten'. Sluban and Enlighten stuff is generally alright, - the others - not so good. I've taken a scan of the Sluban and Enlighten torsos and I'll be making up some decals in an effort to improve the not so good ones.
The small field gun is made out of Sluban and Enighten parts.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby BFenix » Tue May 03, 2011 10:18 am

Chinese look strange, but chinese still. Nice job, are you taking a "family photo" or something?
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby enders_shadow » Tue May 03, 2011 5:05 pm

I vote us army for the camo guys, and add the olive drab guys in the back to the chinese guys (but maybe a little face remodeling?) also, those white torso'd germans look pretty sweet!
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury