Lost Valley Time Forgot Filled With Treasure And Dinosaurs.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Postby Warhead » Sat May 21, 2011 9:25 am

Loo brush Necromancer lol!

These remind me of my Wasteland Scavs. The weirder the better I say. Get as much Mega-Clone Crap you can and have them slaghtered in vicious battles with true Lego mini-figs, it's the right thing to do.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby RunsWithLegos » Sat May 21, 2011 12:05 pm

warheads right, the more random mishmashes of brands the better. maybe as well as necromancy, biological experiments are a norm sunday morning activity for these guys.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Killer Karetsu » Sat May 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Woah. First I thought them as some kind of "high elves" but now I think them more like chaos worshippers. Nasty.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Postby White Nun » Sat May 21, 2011 5:51 pm

My first thought was to make the Lost Civilisation guys wise and noble & etc, but then I thought no, - if these guys have been virtually locked up by themselves for hundreds of years in a valley full of hungry dinosaurs chances are they are going to be pretty crazy and strange to say the least.

The yellow hair brush came in a grab bag of bricks from a local Lego supplier who was having a stock clearout and I didn't know what to do with it until I thought, 'Hey, this can be an artifact, - The hair brush of the god Argh. And so the Golden Hair Brush of Chastisement was born. It's a very nasty and powerful object (damage 2d6 in melee) and if it's wielded for more than one turn the person holding it becomes its UnDead puppet (stats yet to be decided).
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Zahru II » Sun May 22, 2011 1:22 am

That chromed skull is beast! Where from?
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby White Nun » Sun May 22, 2011 1:33 am

Zahru II wrote:That chromed skull is beast! Where from?

It's from a Chinese clone Pirate Ship set. The gold chrome skull is the ship's figurehead. The priestess's golden skull helmet came from the same set.

I wanted the ship to build a sky galleon; - don't ask for pictures yet because it's only half built.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby White Nun » Sun May 22, 2011 7:45 am

Been messing around with flying machines this evening. I've only got two French guys at the moment as I'm waiting for more blue minifig bits to arrive in my Bricklink order. BUT it's the French on Dinoreich who are particularly keen on steam gyrocopters.......

This large twin rotor gyrocopter is designed for heavy lifting, but could mount heavy machine guns if the need arose.

I originally built this little single man steam gyrocopter for the British lads, but after they told me, 'Leave off guv, you tak'n the p*ss or wot....' It eventually found its way over to the French contingent. It's presently armed with rockets, but could carry a minigun instead.

White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby enders_shadow » Sun May 22, 2011 10:00 am

wonderful. that first one really feels steampunkish to me, great work with the piping and the railing, those features really help it overall. the smaller one is cute, but doesn't fit in well with the rest of the time period, I'd suggest adding more tubes and greebles.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby Warhead » Sun May 22, 2011 11:03 am

BRAVO! What excellent flying contraptions!
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Pwnerade » Sun May 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Cool design, except it doesn't look like it could fly. Maybe a bigger propeller would make it better.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby White Nun » Sun May 22, 2011 9:27 pm

I was running out of propellors when it came to fitting up the pusher propellor and I didn't really have anything suitable, so I put the boat prop on as a place holder.
Maybe some short wings might help make it look a bit more flyable too.

The small gyrocopter was alot of fun to make with its twin cylinder engine and horizontal boiler, but I must admit that it doesn't look all that steampunkish. I've run out of small diameter flexible piping too so I'll have to order some more so I can make it look more the part. Perhaps if I replace some of the coloured parts with either brown or grey it might help as well. I'm swiftly discovering that no matter how many bricks I might have I still seem to have not quite the right ones (sigh).
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Pwnerade » Mon May 23, 2011 3:37 am

It is a problem that all builders face.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby White Nun » Mon May 23, 2011 10:25 pm

'Ha ha,- you see Gascon, - we fly high above the silly Englishes. And they said this machine would not work. Ha! - we f*rt in your general direction....'

White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby White Nun » Mon May 23, 2011 11:28 pm

Once the rowdy French flying machine had finally passed overhead and she could hear again the bad Nun, newly appointed Admiral Protector of this sector of the Britannic League, ran her eyes over her gathered forces........

It would not do to sigh aloud and upset the men, but the sight of the three walking machines lined up behind her troops did not inspire her with confidence. The blue machine at her right hand had been so much modified with agricultural parts and scrap iron that Ruston & Braithwaites would no longer recognise it as one of their own. And was that someone's jacket hanging from the steam pipe to the main receiver!

The Mk. 1 Armstrong-Vickers Semi-autonomous Combat Walking Machine. Now she knew where this mis-begotten prototype walker had ended up; - dumped on the Dinoreich garrison!
...... What idiot had thought that a steam powered war machine could be reliably commanded in battle by signals across the ether in Morse code. Oh sweet St. Rita pray for us!

The little British Ransome scout walker at the far end of the line couldn't be faulted really, except that it was small and lightly armed and looked frightfully ungainly on those great long legs it had.

'The men are ready for your inspection Ma'm,' said Lieutenant McDonald quietly beside her. That meant she'd been standing lost in her thoughts for too long again. McDonald was a good man, but he was too much a fidget at times.

'STANDTOATTENTIONYOULAZYBEGOTTENSONSOFBULEEEZEBUB...!!!!' roared Sergeant Thunder almost making her jump in surprise.
Not quite as many sets of heels as she would've liked clicked together and chests were thrust out threating to pelt her with uniform buttons as haphazard needlework was sorely tried.

'PREEEEESENTARMS!'
Never in her life before had she seen such a motley collection of firearms, but beneath the patina of use they were clean and properly oiled. And the Marines' cutlasses were sharp and without any nicks or notches to the blades.

Still managing to hold in that rogue sigh that was trying to escape she said, 'They will do Mr McDonald.'
The bad Nun was still trying to make up her mind if she needed to go to confession over telling a lie when Sergeant Thunder shattered the silence yet again.
'STANDAAATEASE,RIIIIIGHTTURN,DISSSSMISSS!'

Would it possible to teach him the joy of contemplative silence she wondered for a moment before dismissing the notion out of hand........
Last edited by White Nun on Tue May 24, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Warhead » Tue May 24, 2011 12:51 am

Hahaha, that was a great read. :D And I love the shambollic back water garrison feel of this lot. I think those arrogant French should be taught a lesson, perhaps the men can work on a new Flak Cannon? Or is there any of the Empires Sopwith Camels assigned to the region? And when do the Analogue Zulu Natives show up? Fuzzy-Wuzzies: They don't like it (bayonet) up them you know.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury