Lost Valley Time Forgot Filled With Treasure And Dinosaurs.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Postby Pwnerade » Tue May 24, 2011 2:53 am

Nice new propelled on the gyrocopter. And the hat atop the mech is a nice touch.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby Zahru II » Tue May 24, 2011 3:04 am

a steam powered war machine could be reliably commanded in battle by signals across the ether in Morse code

And that's my friends, is pure genius.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby White Nun » Tue May 24, 2011 9:16 pm

Warhead wrote:Hahaha, that was a great read. :D And I love the shambollic back water garrison feel of this lot. I think those arrogant French should be taught a lesson, perhaps the men can work on a new Flak Cannon? Or is there any of the Empires Sopwith Camels assigned to the region? And when do the Analogue Zulu Natives show up? Fuzzy-Wuzzies: They don't like it (bayonet) up them you know.

Unfortunately there isn't a flier amongst any of the British lads and some of them are very windy about heights. Marine Corporal Sanders is the only one who can drive the very high off the ground and long legged British Ransome light walker without getting dizzy and needing a cuppa tea and a lie down.
But on the other hand the French aren't all that much of a problem as all they do is fly about the valley without ever landing because the Dinosaurs make them nervous.
Most of the aircraft on Dinoreich are in private hands actually, - except for the French and their gyrocopters. However the White Nun has sent in a requisition to the Ministry of War for a Sopworth Camel or two as well as experienced pilots to fly them. What she might actually get is another matter entirely unfortunately.

Duties for the Britannic garrison include such things as guarding the archeologists and other boffins who come to valley to invesigate, dig holes and generally mess about looking for artifacts.
Trooper Clarke needs to be more careful about where he's pointing that gun of his though :shock:

Sometimes there are problems with the opportunistic pirate mercenaries from Tyrus (a nearby planet) and already the White Nun has discovered that the lads from New Glasgow are very good at dealing with these ner-do-wells. Please note the endering habit these troops have of wearing their caps backwards at the first hint of trouble so they can impart a 'Glasgow Kiss' upon those who want to try out being unruly in their presence.

At this stage of things no-one has discovered that the Lost City is in actual fact covertly inhabited by the malignant descendants of the city's original builders. So when that happens there will be a right scrap and a half breaking out in the valley.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Alex » Wed May 25, 2011 3:59 pm

I think the Britannians should deal with the French before they can be taunted a second time. :P
Alex
Dimmy

Postby White Nun » Wed May 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Alex wrote:I think the Britannians should deal with the French before they can be taunted a second time. :P

In the abscence of available aircraft from the War Dept the garrison on Dinoreich is going to attempt to build their own from parts locally available.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby White Nun » Thu May 26, 2011 6:23 am

News Flash! Work had scarely begun upon constructing a flying machine when a new monoplane of an entirely new design was delivered by Aether freighter fresh from the New Glasgow Naval Shipyards.

According to Pilot Officer McDougal who accompanied the flying machine this new design of monoplane is fitted with a closed cycle Stirling engine of radical design that involves the use of a highly pressurised crankcase. It was a little difficult to follow Pilot Officer McDougal's technical description, but it seems that there is also a conventional steam engine and boiler fitted in tandem with the Stirling engine to provide a boost in power in an emergency.

It seems that the Britannic League garrison on Dinoreich has been specially chosen to put the new machine through its paces. 'Na other b*gger kin ken the pootenshal ay this fine craft, 't lang windy drinks 'o water so they are,' Pilot Officer McDougal informed me and I suppose I shall have to take his word for it.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Itchy Dave and his bevy of tools, attempting to find some bionic bits to screw around with. Most of my stuff is packed up, but he may have some luck yet. :D
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Warhead » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Huzzah for Itchy Dave! Very cool!

Love the fresh new air force. Now lets see some of those Frogs get their arses kicked from out the clouds.

Your knack for the Scottish dialect is uncanny. What did you do? Get drunk or eat a wasps nest?
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Ham701 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:18 pm

This Cromwell sure seems backwards, appointing a Catholic Nun as an Admiral and all.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Warhead » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:42 pm

He has freely admitted that in the past his Generals have made mistakes. Leaving survivors being one of them.

The new age of Empire means that tolerance is key, otherwise all you other damn Mini-Figs'll be over here stealing our wumin and rapin' our jobs...
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby White Nun » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Wonderful! Itchy Dave looks great and has scrubbed up very well. As a master mechanic and hyper-imaginative constructor of machines from other people's scrap he would be an asset to any garrison. Seeing him this morning has really made me smile :D

Warhead, I used to work with a psych nurse who had been born in a lowlands Scots fishing village. Just listening to her speak was an absolute delight..
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby White Nun » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:36 pm

A new recruit for the Dinoreich garrison. Sergeant Thunder wants to have a word to the naval shipyard foreman on New Glasgow about the, 'Stupiddaftfacedgrinhe'sgotslappedonhisdial.'
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby RunsWithLegos » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 pm

:shock:

HE. IS. EPIC.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Pwnerade » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:16 am

Sergeant Thunder smiling serenely as he stomps on people will be creepy and awesome.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby Warhead » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:52 am

"Wit? Can yah noe tak a joke eh, ma'lady? Have a nice day! Who dinna' ken thone similey an' it'ul fair antagonise them Frog bastids an'aw, hahahaha!"

Awesome Mech is awesome. Great idea!
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury