RIN Microspace

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Silverdream » Sun May 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Image

That main turret is a very npu.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7476
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Colette » Sun May 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Sadly, it lasts for a glorious total of ten seconds in my epic battles.

RIN needs moar and bigger ships. They and the Bavarians always seem to get the short end of the stick.

Although, they are nicely designed, which is a plus, and also they actually exist, another plus.
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby IVhorseman » Sun May 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Or, your space battles need more balanced ships
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6349
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun May 13, 2012 4:28 pm

See Braggalot's microspace battles for this "balanced" thing you are looking for.

Also, I think we are building on two separate scales here: I build with 10 studs = MASSIVE as a scale, and you use SHIPs in microspace.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Colette » Sun May 13, 2012 5:25 pm

@RM: For me, this is my scale:

Image
This micro-model is equivalent to my actual, mini fig scale SHIP here. It's somewhat in scale with Scythe's Assyrian ships, and therefore with the rest of his, and I consider Scythe to be the de facto scale for the forum's microspace. Additionally, all of my gigantic super-heavy dreadnoughts and everybody else's are pretty much in scale with the above.

However, bragallot uses a much smaller scale, which is why the Lady Vega II looks really puny in my battle.

Are you closer to Scythe or Bragallot?
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Whiteagle » Sun May 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:See Braggalot's microspace battles for this "balanced" thing you are looking for.

Also, I think we are building on two separate scales here: I build with 10 studs = MASSIVE as a scale, and you use SHIPs in microspace.

...I honestly don't know what scale the Conifer class is suppose to be...
I mean, the concept that inspired it was a three inch cone of Star Wars blasters somehow cobbled together, at that was to be their Mini-fig scale "Frigate"...
User avatar
Whiteagle
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun May 13, 2012 8:12 pm

I build closer to Brag's scale. I think that is a much simpler scale system, and it allows for smaller and more fun battles.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Colette » Sun May 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:I build closer to Brag's scale. I think that is a much simpler scale system, and it allows for smaller and more fun battles.


Well, Scythe-scale (I think it's called warhead-scale but whatever) allows for more detail and accuracy on the ships, for instance pretty much every gun can get represented whereas with Brag-scale the models are kind of fudged a bit. Also, I would debate "smaller and more fun", wouldn't it be epic if we could recreate on of Scythe's battle from his stories in LDD?

But whatever floats your boat.

Also, I think this issue needs to be resolved soon what with all the LDD battles and stuff-the Brag-scale stuff get's totally floored by the Scythe-scale ships.
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Robot Monkey » Sat May 26, 2012 6:57 pm

So, here is a ship that's been in the works for a long time now:

Image
The RIN "Annihilator"-class Super-Dreadnought!

Image
Armed with a vast array of weaponry,

Image
and a massive, well-shielded engine to propel it.

Image
It has several thousand tons of reinforced armor to let it ram through even other Super-Dreadnoughts.

Image
It's main firing ability is vicious broadsides from it's 14 "fortress-breaker"-class cannons, which can shred just about anything, be it ship, space station, or planet. It also has 6 anti-fighter autocannons and 1 super-heavy plasma destroyer cannon.

Image
Unlike other Super-Dreadnoughts, the Annihilator was meant to be mass-produced in vast numbers, with fleets containing 5-6 of these destroying the ships of the AN.

So, what do you guys think of it?
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Zupponn » Sat May 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Reminds me of a train. This looks pretty cool, but I rarely get too excited about these microscale ships these days.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5549
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Robot Monkey » Sat May 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Zupponn wrote:Reminds me of a train. This looks pretty cool, but I rarely get too excited about these microscale ships these days.


This build was actually inspired by Ironclad ships from the civil war. I can see why you say that, microspace has sort of been overused recently.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Colette » Sat May 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Well, summer's coming, and with summer comes SDTs, forum battles, and other :666: real-life stuff.

Good job on the ship, it has design consistency with your fortress-class ships and seems to have some thought in it, although having stolen the title of longest space-dick from SS I am now entitled to say:

Too short
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Zupponn » Sat May 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Colette wrote:Well, summer's coming, and with summer comes SDTs, forum battles, and other :666: real-life stuff.

Good job on the ship, it has design consistency with your fortress-class ships and seems to have some thought in it, although having stolen the title of longest space-dick from SS I am now entitled to say:

I'm a moron.

Fix'd.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5549
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Colette » Sat May 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Thank you for correcting me Zupponn. The dreadnought race has really gotten out of hand.

Image

Edit: Does this redeem microspace?

Image
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: RIN Microspace

Postby Robot Monkey » Sat May 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Colette wrote:Good job on the ship, it has design consistency with your fortress-class ships and seems to have some thought in it, although having stolen the title of longest space-dick from SS I am now entitled to say:
Too Short


Well, I'd like to see your Super-Dreadnought go against the masses of Annihilators.
As Stalin once said,
"Quantity has a quality all it's own"
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron