Hussite Federation (New Tank)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: Hussite Federation (Backstory+vehicles added)

Postby Rev. Sylvanus » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:46 pm

I reiterate

You certainly don't HAVE to play it that way
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders
Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor

Postby Falk » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:33 am

Silverdream wrote:
Rev. Sylvanus wrote:You certainly don't HAVE to play it that way, but that is how the rules are set up (Ch. 7-8). The idea is less ABOUT size but more in terms of power capacity. A fully operational robot has all the power necessary to be efficient. But if you start blowing off limbs and taking chunks out of a vehicle, its overall power and efficiency is compromised (maybe in terms of electrical connections, etc). But even to take the example of a real human, blow off a GI's arm, and there is no chance in hell that he'll use the AR 15 with the same accuracy and deadly aim that he would have had if he was completely intact. Damage vehicles typically cannot go as far, run as fast, handle as sharply; try driving with a blown tire, or a door scraping the pavement. It's those sorts of things that "Size Damage" and "Effective Size" are trying to convey.

idgaf

I kinda skipped that part.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:26 am

if it's too cumbersome to remember or you and your opponents just don't care for it, then there is no need. I typically use it because it makes me get creative with my play; for instance, when size 3 weapons became useless for one of my dreads in one game, I had it disengage and launch it's flamer arm into the midst of an enemy squad while some heavies fired at the napalm barrel. You can guess the result :D
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders
Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:46 pm

The size limit is one of the rules I also tend to ignore for the large part... but it definitely sounds like it adds a nice touch to games if it's observed. Size damage is really cool now that it reduces overall armor and speed, so making firepower get reduced because of that as well just seems to make sense. The problem is of course that once I attach five or six massive cannons to something, I have a hard time wanting to take them off...

One potentially fun way to do it would be to add massive recoil to overweight weapons (blown backwards X" where X is however many extra inches of weapons you got), while another would be that you'd need several turns to "charge up" an over-sized weapon (one turn for every five inches, rounded up?).
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby stubby » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:27 am

IVhorseman wrote:One potentially fun way to do it would be to add massive recoil to overweight weapons (blown backwards X" where X is however many extra inches of weapons you got), while another would be that you'd need several turns to "charge up" an over-sized weapon (one turn for every five inches, rounded up?).

It's already in the sidebar to the Gathering Power section under 8.6.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:54 pm

oh look at that, it is! And to think that it functions almost exactly like compensating does...
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:52 pm

This is a great army, IMO. Love the diversity among your units. And the troop carrier ship is great, even if it does have a :j+b: . I wish I had enough parts (and space) to build something like that...

As for your army and making it more "blue", I recommend getting some extra Mandalorian battle packs. They look awesome and will add more troops to your army.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby Falk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:This is a great army, IMO. Love the diversity among your units. And the troop carrier ship is great, even if it does have a :j+b: . I wish I had enough parts (and space) to build something like that...

As for your army and making it more "blue", I recommend getting some extra Mandalorian battle packs. They look awesome and will add more troops to your army.

Thanks! :D
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Falk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:47 pm

So, I made a Jaguar armored car.
It has a repeater cannon.
And I updated the tank.

Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby BFenix » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Not bad, but those frontal side clips are begging for some dakka!
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Falk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:25 pm

BFenix wrote:Not bad, but those frontal side clips are begging for some dakka!

Good idea! Maybe some ramming spears, or more guns? :twisted:

Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby BFenix » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Falk wrote:
BFenix wrote:Not bad, but those frontal side clips are begging for some dakka!

Good idea! Maybe some ramming spears, or more guns? :twisted:

You could add a plow underneath the front for ramming and guns on the clips for more dakka.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Falk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:55 pm

I found another plow piece like on the front of the tank, that and a plow would work pretty well.

Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Apollyon » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Nice job on the Jaguar. Perhaps a little bit on the rainbow side but it still looks awesome. I also like the footboards you added to the side. Always good to have means of transportation for minifigs.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
My Little Pony

Postby Falk » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:20 pm

More stuff:
A Panther armorer car/APC, it has a turret, but I don't have a pic of it for some reason :?

Falk
Jaw-Jaw

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury