Kuragin Republic Update

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Kuragin Republic Update

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Since I posted my new Calvarian Empire, I figured their arch-nemesis the ISRK (Inter-Stellar Republic of Kuragin) should have an update as well. So, here they are!

(I have no idea how that pic got turned sideways. Oh well...)

As usual, the infantry are first:

Standard infantry, the run-of-the-mill, dime-a-dozen grunts. They are pretty much equal to their Calvarian counterparts. Hopefully these pics will be better than the Calvarian ones...

Medics. These guys are one of the few advantages that Kuragin forces have over Calvarian ones. They carry SMGs, but generally spend more time running around the battlefield attempting to revive fallen comrades.

Snipers.

Heavies. Most of the weapons used by the ISRK were inspired by those of Magnus Lauglo (or however you say it) on Flickr.

Officers.

Spec ops troops. They are the Kuragin equivalent of the Calvarian commandos, but they have far fewer numbers. I hope to change that soon, but so far this one squad is all I have. The gun drone on the right is often used to provide additional fire support, and is armed with a minigun.

And here are a wide variety of pilots.

Scout jeeps. I know, they seriously need some improvements seeing as how they're just the typical army man jeep, but whatevs...

Remember when I said that other nations had copied the Tempest design? Well, here you go, Kuragin Tempests.

The Bishop APC. Fast, adaptable, and armed with an autocannon and a pair of ATGMs. Inspired by the LAV-45 design I saw on the Brickarms forums.

The Crusader main battle tank. Each is armed with a pair of heavy machine guns (one hull-mounted, the other coaxial) and a 100mm HVC. The access hatch is in the rear for easy access, although the two observation hatches in the front can open wider to allow for an additional escape route if necessary.

The Paladin heavy tank. Inspired by the Pantera on Brickshelf. This beast is a nightmare on the battlefield. Reactive armor keeps it same from anything short of a heavy-duty missile launcher, while the 120mm gun is larger than most MBT weapons. The heavy machine gun and rocket launchers can destroy other targets. It also has working suspention.

The Seraphim gunship. Heavily armed, most of its space is dedicated to weapons, so it has little armor. Two rocket pods, two cruise missiles, a pair of HMGs and a .50 cal minigun make it capable of easily defeating most targets.

And finally, the Archangel dropship. Heavily armored, it can transport two infantry squads and their weapons straight into a combat zone. It's only standard armament is a 25mm chaingun mounted below the nose.

The (rather bare) interior.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Nice army, if a bit... traditional? Anyway it's still good, once on the field squaring off against the Calvarians no one will care about that (hint, hint!).
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Again, I love your tanks. :)

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:51 pm

The only problem I see with this is that it's too similiar to the Calvarian Empire. This is one of the problems with most armies though.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:10 pm

:ftw:

Excellent work! Love the green.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:32 pm

These guys are badass, especially the heavy armor and air support. I love the guns too.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:27 am

The only problem I see with this is that it's too similiar to the Calvarian Empire. This is one of the problems with most armies though.
Sorry about that. I like to make my armies with a modern, yet still somewhat WWII-ish, feel. My dream is to build an army that mirrors something like the Death Korps of Krieg from WH40k or something like that, although those types of uniforms may be difficult to achieve with lego.
These guys are badass, especially the heavy armor and air support. I love the guns too.
Thanks. I want to make a dropship for the Calvarians too. The Archangel was (obviously) based off of the Pelican from Halo, but I would like for a Calvarian dropship that looked like either the Helghast dropship from the Killzone games or the ones from BF2142.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:15 pm

The Hammersmith Storm Trooper is very similar to the Death Korp, which is purely coincidental.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:49 pm

I love the sniper rifles. I don't recognize the part that you're using for the scope.
The bishop is great, and the Paladin is :666:.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:55 pm

I love the sniper rifles. I don't recognize the part that you're using for the scope.
Its the wheels off of the skateboard piece.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
Its the wheels off of the skateboard piece.
I see. NPU.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Your army is nice, but it looks a little bit similar to mine. Kind of wierd. :/
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:07 am

I see. NPU.
Actually I think I saw another guy use the idea for a gun on a hardsuit once.

And which is your army Swordsalmon?

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:19 pm

Swordsalmon wrote:Your army is nice, but it looks a little bit similar to mine. Kind of wierd. :/
as is the fate of thoese who use the GAM sets.

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:38 am

:yuno: Y u no seperate yellows from peaches?
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.