Briktoid Automata

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: Briktoid Automata

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:19 pm

IVhorseman wrote:They're vehicles of whatever size they measure out to be. I'd say about 1d10 armor and 8" move sounds about right. The pilot can deploy the carrier pod as an action.
Well that's the tricky thing, what do I measure on them as their main component?
I mean, the newer one is pretty much one solid piece, but the older has those two nacelles bits that hold its cargo.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:18 pm

the main body, not including arms or legs. Skull to Pelvis, in most cases. It'll usually be either 1 or 2.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:00 pm

IVhorseman wrote:the main body, not including arms or legs. Skull to Pelvis, in most cases. It'll usually be either 1 or 2.
Eh, Horseman, that's not helpful...
I'm talking about a "Y"-shaped craft here.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:34 pm

pick an end arbitrarily and measure from there.

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:11 am

I actually found the frontal peice for the old droid carrier last night when I was digging for stuff, I think I had a few of those sets, because I have an ungodly amount of Battle droids, it may not seem like that much, but my point is that I had -way- more than I thought I did,
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:I actually found the frontal peice for the old droid carrier last night when I was digging for stuff, I think I had a few of those sets, because I have an ungodly amount of Battle droids, it may not seem like that much, but my point is that I had -way- more than I thought I did,
Yeah, but would you consider just that part the "main body" of the carrier, or include the two offshoots that hold the rack as well?

At first I was thinking of excluding them as "arms", but they are pretty solidly attached when you look at it...
There are also two and two half slide shoes on them, and I was considering making those the "repulsorlifts" for propulsion representation purposes.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:31 pm

I meant the brown thing, Oh god no I don't have it still intact, the only sets I still have from the old days that are still intact are like, Black Falcon's Fortress, and a couple small Star Wars sets. Big stuff like the Original AT-TE and Repulic Gunship, Smashed, Knight's Kingdom King's castle, Ogel's Base from Alpha Team, Smashed. Can't even find the bloody baseplates for some of the big sets like the Dark Forest Fortress, I thought that thing was really special when I was a nosepicker.

I'd say the entire front peice would be the chasis, and the arm things would just be side armor or whatever.
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:I meant the brown thing, Oh god no I don't have it still intact, the only sets I still have from the old days that are still intact are like, Black Falcon's Fortress, and a couple small Star Wars sets. Big stuff like the Original AT-TE and Repulic Gunship, Smashed, Knight's Kingdom King's castle, Ogel's Base from Alpha Team, Smashed. Can't even find the bloody baseplates for some of the big sets like the Dark Forest Fortress, I thought that thing was really special when I was a nosepicker.

I'd say the entire front peice would be the chasis, and the arm things would just be side armor or whatever.
Well there is no such thing as "Side Armor" in Brikwars, but there is Creation Size.
While pretty much doubling the Creation Size seems cheap, the newer Droid Carrier is around Size 8, meaning it requires 8 hits exceeding it's Armor score to be brought down.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
Kastrenzo wrote:I meant the brown thing, Oh god no I don't have it still intact, the only sets I still have from the old days that are still intact are like, Black Falcon's Fortress, and a couple small Star Wars sets. Big stuff like the Original AT-TE and Repulic Gunship, Smashed, Knight's Kingdom King's castle, Ogel's Base from Alpha Team, Smashed. Can't even find the bloody baseplates for some of the big sets like the Dark Forest Fortress, I thought that thing was really special when I was a nosepicker.

Well there is no such thing as "Side Armor" in Brikwars, but there is Creation Size.
While pretty much doubling the Creation Size seems cheap, the newer Droid Carrier is around Size 8, meaning it requires 8 hits exceeding it's Armor score to be brought down.
But the carrier's armor probably isn't to high...
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Falk wrote:But the carrier's armor probably isn't to high...
True, it's only a 1d10 and it is a big target when hit from the side, but even when I mount weapons on them they're not going to be useful for much other then ferrying Space Skeletons.

The "transport" on the other hand is going to be hauling around turrets, so I'd rather it not get blown up first thing.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Whiteagle wrote:Well there is no such thing as "Side Armor" in Brikwars
Well hold your horses, I'm working on it.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 pm

stubby wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:Well there is no such thing as "Side Armor" in Brikwars
Well hold your horses, I'm working on it.
Why you gotta make me look like a fool Stubby, why?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:24 pm

You could just use armor plates in the meantime.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:28 pm

IVhorseman wrote:You could just use armor plates in the meantime.
Because then I'd have to add armor plates...

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:01 pm

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm going to count the 'arms' of my old droid transport as part of the main structure.
So here are the stats I'm thinking about for the vehicles:

The "Old Transport" will be Size 5, Armor 2d10, and Move 10".
The "Troop Carriers" will be Size 8, Armor 1d10, and Move 12".

Sound about right?

My new STAPs are Size 2, but I can't really decide on what their Armor (1d6, 1d10?) or Move (???) should be...

Also, how should I handle vehicle mounted weapons?

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking for Troop and weapon stats:
All "Space Skeletons" are all Skill 1d6, Armor 2, Move 5", and have the Marksmanship speciality (Skill +1 Range/-2 CC) coming to 2CP (I think that sounds right, let me know if it isn't).
Pilots (the ones with blue on them) of course have the additional Piloting specialty making them 3CP, while STAP operators (the ones with "backpacks") have both Piloting and Targeting (Mark 1 enemy within 10" to give +1d6 Range Skill to all allies) bringing them to 5CP.

Briktoid Automata's standard infantry weapon is the Briktoid Eh-5 Lazor Blastor, an energy carbine that's 4CP, Use 3, Range 8", and does 1d6+1 damage.

What do you guys think?