Briktoid Automata

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Silverdream wrote:No offense, but this isn't as much of an army as it is a bunch of lego sets. You should build more creative stuff or adapt your LDD models.

The Rocket Rack IS the first adaptation of LDD, it was my first Bricklink Order and was a LOT more expensive than I thought it would be...

...If I ever start on the Pain Train, I'm going to have to buy the Droids seperate just to bring the cost down low enough to justify it as a Birthday present.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:There really isn't a lot you -can- do with Battle Droid parts, I mean I once made a small contraption using nothing but Battle droid arms and torsos, parts I couldnt find heads and legs for, and it somewhat resembled a Destroyer Droid, but again, there isn't much you can use them for except battle droids.

They tend t be cheaper aswell, and available in higher numbers

I think that this year's Star Wars sets are garbage, very dissapointed in them.

Not true, they make great robotic drone type units, I love replacing there arms with plasma guns and such, also due to there low intelligence there criti fails tend to be amazingly hilarious
User avatar
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: The place where you go when you dream

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:Not true, they make great robotic drone type units, I love replacing there arms with plasma guns and such, also due to there low intelligence there criti fails tend to be amazingly hilarious

Yeah, I had a few old droids that I did that with, but with my first Bricklink Purchase included a cache of spares I put on them.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby stubby » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Silverdream wrote:No offense, but this isn't as much of an army as it is a bunch of lego sets. You should build more creative stuff or adapt your LDD models.

So what's wrong with a bunch of lego sets as an army?
User avatar
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia
 
Posts: 4947
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:18 pm

stubby wrote:
Silverdream wrote:No offense, but this isn't as much of an army as it is a bunch of lego sets. You should build more creative stuff or adapt your LDD models.

So what's wrong with a bunch of lego sets as an army?

Speaking of a bunch of Lego Sets and Armies, I decided to photograph my current Briktoid Automata force since everyone is taking Army Pics...

Image
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Kalvinator » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:30 am

Where's the pain train...unless I'm thinking of someone else....?
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:22 am

Kalvinator wrote:Where's the pain train...unless I'm thinking of someone else....?

Still in the conceptual design phase, the unexpected cost of the Rocket Rack and current fiscal issues might end up making it a pipe dream.

I did overhaul the main gun awhile back though, so here's a pic of the engine:
Image
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Kalvinator » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:32 am

badagle wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:Where's the pain train...unless I'm thinking of someone else....?

Still in the conceptual design phase, the unexpected cost of the Rocket Rack and current fiscal issues might end up making it a pipe dream.


How much does it cost?
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:59 am

Kalvinator wrote:How much does it cost?

Haven't pieced it out to get a general price, but the Rocket Rack (left of center in my army overview pic), a few dozen extra bits, and five "Security" Battle Droids came to about $50-$60...
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Kalvinator » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:16 pm

badagle wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:How much does it cost?

Haven't pieced it out to get a general price, but the Rocket Rack (left of center in my army overview pic), a few dozen extra bits, and five "Security" Battle Droids came to about $50-$60...


Wow, thats quite a bit.
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Kaplan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:54 am

The picture in the first message seems deleted.
Image
User avatar
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:40 am

Kaplan wrote:The picture in the first message seems deleted.

It's not deleted, but photobucket is certainly fucking it up...
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Zahru II » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:41 pm

Hm, it doesn't look like you've capped your bandwidth for the month. Haven't you deleted/rearranged your pics as of late? That could screw over links otherwise.
User avatar
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time
 
Posts: 4516
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am
Location: Hüngäry

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Zahru II wrote:Hm, it doesn't look like you've capped your bandwidth for the month. Haven't you deleted/rearranged your pics as of late? That could screw over links otherwise.

Not that I know of, I even re-did the image link to the correct image...
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Previous

Return to The Armoury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron