Zupponn's Factions and Stuff (Last Update: 6/20/13)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: Zupponn's Factions and Stuff

Postby Zupponn » Mon May 28, 2012 6:30 pm

More stuff!!!

I'll start out with my Avalonians. After the Zupponn Mining Co. has had such a large part in Semaj's storyline, it felt wrong to not have a group of these guys on hand. Also, the fact that I had a bunch of blue torsos and that I needed some Third Alliance factions made the decision to create these guys easier. In the middle, there are 6 standard Avalonian infantrymen with rifles and the Avalonian captain who wields a Tommy Gun and carries a flag to boost morale (combat rolls). On the right are the 2 Avalonian heavies, wielding a minigun and a hand cannon. On the left are 4 spies with katanas.

Image'
Here again, I will show the update I made to the Order of the Holy Dragon, which was the addition of the dragon itself. I've really been liking the inclusion of OT to the black and white color scheme.

Here is a group of robots I had laying around. I was thinking that they could be Briktoid Automata soldiers, so I armed them with weapons that I've seen Third Alliance troops wield. The 2 big robots in the back are about as strong as a hardsuit soldier (I use officer stats for both). The leader of the group is C3PO, although a more clever name would be preferable.

Lastly, we have some new faction that I made when I noticed that I had a bunch of tan torsos. The leader is the dude in the buffalo hat, who wields 2 swords. Next to him is some Warhead-inspired chick who is armed with a stick :warhead: . The rest of the troops are armed with a mix of guns and close combat weapons. I have no clue what this faction is or what it's purpose is, but if anyone has any suggestions, they would be welcome.

Hopefully in the near future I will be able to acquire some new equipment for my Scythians and/or some more baseplates, as I'm trying to gear up for another forum battle this summer and have it be bigger and better than my previous one.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Whiteagle » Mon May 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Zupponn wrote:Image
Here is a group of robots I had laying around. I was thinking that they could be Briktoid Automata soldiers, so I armed them with weapons that I've seen Third Alliance troops wield. The 2 big robots in the back are about as strong as a hardsuit soldier (I use officer stats for both). The leader of the group is C3PO, although a more clever name would be preferable.

Ugh, I hate to poo-poo someone including my faction in their build, but these aren't Briktoid troops...
They can claim that they are, however I have it in my head that Briktoid programs despise the mini-fig form and "Protocol" droids looked down upon the same way organic figs do to peaches or Dimmies.

Since their culture is based on Vidagaming, Briktoid Automata's basic troops are plain "Battle Droid" figures armed with the Medium Star Wars blaster, as cheaply mass produced shells are perfect for invasions or massive real-world deathmatches.
Really, the easiest way to have a Briktoid squad represented would be to buy the Battle of Naboo set.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Colette » Mon May 28, 2012 11:47 pm

If Whiteagle had known about this set back when it was available, every army in the brikverse would have been terribly screwed.

@Whiteagle: Is the battle of naboo set any good? I've thought about buying it as a cheap-ass way to obtain hordes of droids, but it still looks kind of meh.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Whiteagle » Tue May 29, 2012 12:17 am

Colette wrote:Image

If Whiteagle had known about this set back when it was available, every army in the brikverse would have been terribly screwed.

Oh I knew about it, and I SO FUCKING WANTED IT!!!
...But it was around fifty bucks, and I think I was getting ready to go to Collage at the time...

Colette wrote:@Whiteagle: Is the battle of naboo set any good? I've thought about buying it as a cheap-ass way to obtain hordes of droids, but it still looks kind of meh.

Eh, the vehicle is kind of meh to be honest...
It and the Droid Rack are build with some nice pieces, but altogether it's not that impressive for a giant sled.
I was honestly disappointed that the rack just sits in the back and is secured into place by a clip brick and handle plate.
It just slides over a couple of 2X2 tiles, which are so spaced apart that the rack might fall into the gap if those bars on the side aren't holding it up enough.
Really, I bought the first one because I:
A) Wanted a lot of droids.
And...
B) Am still planning on doing a Construction toy Internet review show... thingy...

That said, at $25 American, it's currently your best bet for a large amount of Droids (Eight regular, two "Pilot") outside of the aftermarket.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 29, 2012 12:22 am

Whiteagle wrote:Ugh, I hate to poo-poo someone including my faction in their build, but these aren't Briktoid troops...
They can claim that they are, however I have it in my head that Briktoid programs despise the mini-fig form and "Protocol" droids looked down upon the same way organic figs do to peaches or Dimmies.

Since their culture is based on Vidagaming, Briktoid Automata's basic troops are plain "Battle Droid" figures armed with the Medium Star Wars blaster, as cheaply mass produced shells are perfect for invasions or massive real-world deathmatches.
Really, the easiest way to have a Briktoid squad represented would be to buy the Battle of Naboo set.

Okay. Then they're going to become some sort of random Mexican robot faction then. Mexican desperado robots?
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Whiteagle » Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 am

Zupponn wrote:Okay. Then they're going to become some sort of random Mexican robot faction then. Mexican desperado robots?

I approve!
There leader is obviously Se-TresPX, infamous cyber Bandito!
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 29, 2012 1:38 am

Whiteagle wrote:
Zupponn wrote:Okay. Then they're going to become some sort of random Mexican robot faction then. Mexican desperado robots?

I approve!
There leader is obviously Se-TresPX, infamous cyber Bandito!

:lol:
I personally like...

Señor Tres Pae Equis
:iconcur:
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby stubby » Tue May 29, 2012 2:52 am

Colette wrote:@Whiteagle: Is the battle of naboo set any good? I've thought about buying it as a cheap-ass way to obtain hordes of droids, but it still looks kind of meh.

I hate droids, but I still have to buy this set to stock up on Dungans. What a sad waste.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Whiteagle » Tue May 29, 2012 11:48 am

stubby wrote:

I hate droids, but I still have to buy this set to stock up on Dungans. What a sad waste.

...Can I have your droids then Mike?
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby kiemaster » Tue May 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Colette wrote:Image

I have the older one of these :D It only holds 8 droids though....
kiemaster
Dimmy

Postby stubby » Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
stubby wrote:

...Can I have your droids then Mike?

I'll trade droids for Dungans, sure.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 29, 2012 2:44 pm

The biggest problem I have with battle droids is that they have trouble standing up from time to time.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby DeltaV » Tue May 29, 2012 3:13 pm

I like the factions, though they could do with a few more drops of vehicle. Seeing as the OT works out well on the Order of the Holy Dragon, why not add a few bits of it to the guns?
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.
DeltaV
Officer

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Yes, I know that some of the factions lack some sort of vehicle or non-minifig unit, but I'm working on that. The plan is to have each faction have at least 1 non-minifig unit in the group eventually. Also, I was just thinking about putting OT into the guns myself the other day. I'll have to look into it further befor I can make a decision about it though. Glad to see you liked everything else! :)

Factions - Non-Minifig Units:
Zupponn Mining Co. - Bullet Bill Transport Vehicle, Hardsuits, Mining Bot
Immortals - Deployable Gatling Gun
Assyrians - None
Brittanians - Death Machine
Scythians - Rolling Bomb
Avalonians - None
Order of the Holy Dragon - The Holy Dragon
Tan Dudes - None
Robots - Destroyer Droids
Other - Dreadnut
(This list is mostly for my records)
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Jbgarrison » Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 am

I can see why holding back to the last on Assyrian special unit... anything Assyrian has to be perfect. :P
Hoboman wrote:I forgot for a moment what forum I was on like Bonn-o-Tron.

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Spokane, Washington, USA
TROLOLO
Jbgarrison
Cannon Fodder

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury