[old] Server Discussion

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians

Re: Server Discussion

Postby SIR_WHO » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:44 pm

No. Can't. Sorry guys. Scratch all that I just said.
~~Who
TROLOLO
SIR_WHO
Hero

Postby Vami IV » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Fief Updates!

North (Name required, Law's idea pending)
Capitol: Ironfalls (Dukes will be elected in time)

Centralia (Subject to change in the future)
Capitol: Emeria, Elysfalls
Duke: Probably me

South
Capitol: Brikever
Duke: I suggest any player fanatical towards modernization, namely the SnakeMittens or RobotMonkey

Islands, Easterling
Capitol: Xarthenia (Elvhen, "City of Magic")
Duke: Sir Who. Duh.

I want the provinces names in German or Dutch and English, as much of each major world factions will use these as their official languages.

RP is being worked on, all the capitols are head, with Elysfalls sitting in Capitol province. Each Capitol will be the hq of a major faction. I will appoint faction heads later.
MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM - 2012
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami_IV
Shut up. I feel like a winner anyway.
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.
Vami IV
Dimmy

Postby Zupponn » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:39 pm

Make sure to get me on the Whitelist when you're done. I won't be on very much, but could easily pop in for some random mayhem here and there. Minecraft name is Zupponn.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby SIR_WHO » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:10 am

I will see if I can get my bro to let me host a sever; he's totally shooting me down whenever I try to do something that has anything to do with Video games, its really annoying.
~~Who
TROLOLO
SIR_WHO
Hero

Postby Rone888 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:35 pm

A world doesn't just go from medieval to industrial! There has to be an intermediate era with the introduction of education and what-not before such technological progress is made.
Rone888
Champion

Postby SnakeMittens » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:45 pm

Why? This is BrikWars!
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby lawmaster » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:09 pm

Rone888 wrote:A world doesn't just go from medieval to industrial! There has to be an intermediate era with the introduction of education and what-not before such technological progress is made.

:sbr: I wanted to use this gif for too long
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
lawmaster
Dimmy

Postby Silverdream » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Rone888 wrote:A world doesn't just go from medieval to industrial! There has to be an intermediate era with the introduction of education and what-not before such technological progress is made.

You're banned from my server now.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:02 am

SIR_WHO wrote:All right. emergency post.
After talking to Matt, I have terrible news-
The company providing the server has shut down, and Matt can't really do anything about it. Since Matt gives no shits, and he needs $$$ now, someone would have to actually buy a server with their own money. As far as I know, it costs around 4-5$ a month to run one. As such, I don't know really what is going to happen from here.
Welp. Guess we need a new server. who has cash? xD

Hey, folks. I can contact Dilanski and see if the offer is still on the table for a plain, vanilla server with no faffing about except the stuff we make ourselves in that world. If you would like, when you find the resources to run your planned RP server, the two can exist in parallel and be equally advertised in this area for those purposes. However, I would have to ask that it not be attempted to be shoehorned in on top of the vanilla server, provided that works out. Thoughts?
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Arkbrik » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:11 am

I would be very happy with that. Less faffing, more building and killing.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby dilanski » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:01 am

Ross_Varn wrote:
The company providing the server has shut down, and Matt can't really do anything about it. Since Matt gives no shits, and he needs $$$ now, someone would have to actually buy a server with their own money. As far as I know, it costs around 4-5$ a month to run one. As such, I don't know really what is going to happen from here.

Hey, folks. I can contact Dilanski and see if the offer is still on the table for a plain, vanilla server with no faffing about except the stuff we make ourselves in that world. If you would like, when you find the resources to run your planned RP server, the two can exist in parallel and be equally advertised in this area for those purposes. However, I would have to ask that it not be attempted to be shoehorned in on top of the vanilla server, provided that works out. Thoughts?

I'm still willing to set up a simple Vanilla server. I'll post more details later.
Admin of the New Brikwars Minecraft server, feel free to PM me regarding it. Ask for whitelist here!
dilanski
My Little Pony

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Vami IV » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:17 pm

dilanski wrote:
Ross_Varn wrote:

I'm still willing to set up a simple Vanilla server. I'll post more details later.

And so ends the reign of Lord Vami
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami_IV
Tzan wrote:

Vami IV
Dimmy

Postby dilanski » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Vami IV wrote:
dilanski wrote:
Ross_Varn wrote:

And so ends the reign of Lord Vami

Please do continue efforts with your own server, as there are players who are after an RP experience, plus vanilla can get bland, so there really is no reason both servers can't exist.
Admin of the New Brikwars Minecraft server, feel free to PM me regarding it. Ask for whitelist here!
dilanski
My Little Pony

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: [old] Server Discussion

Postby Vami IV » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:37 am

(I'm going to end the tunnel here btw)

I am sure that Who and I will continue pursuing means of setting up our server.

Anywho, there's alot of new stuff in Minecraft. It would've been possible to have done exactly as I thought of earlier. That was the plan, anyway.

Where there's a will, there's a way, so to speak.
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami_IV
Tzan wrote:

Vami IV
Dimmy

Previous

Return to blah blah minecraft