Build ideas

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Build ideas

Postby Brikguy0410 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Just some ideas I had to help the server move forward

Economics:

1: standard currency

Gold nuggets renamed gold coin in an anvil, we will make a mint, witch is the only place money can be produced, in the beginning all players will be given a starting amount of money, sell items or do services to get more coins, making your own coins is not allowed.

2: stock exchange or something like that

We build a stock exchange/ real estate or whatever build for all that advanced economic stuff, my plan is:

Players found companies, these companies have a value in coins, the value is equal to how many coins a company could make in a week if the median number of customers they get daily in real (server) life came in each day and each customer bought let's say, 5 coins worth of goods, this last number can be changed in proportion to how many coins are in circulation. Back To the point, at the end of the week, the company recieves as much gold as it is worth, and after taking 25% for the owner, it is equally divided into As many part as there are stocks owned by a player, if a player owns more than one stock, they get the money from all the stocks they own, the shareholders also help make decisions for the company. How this will benefit the company's inspire shareholders having to but there stocks is still being worked on

This is all for now, but I have plenty more ideas
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Re: Build ideas

Postby loafofcheese » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:32 pm

The problem with currencies is that they're only worth what people appreciate it for, gold already has a use for making booster tracks and potions, while emeralds are already a from of currency in the game, but will suffer from inflation to a higher degree. Just keep bartering and everything will go fine.
DeltaV wrote:Caw caw motherfucker.
loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Postby Brikguy0410 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 pm

loafofcheese wrote:The problem with currencies is that they're only worth what people appreciate it for, gold already has a use for making booster tracks and potions, while emeralds are already a from of currency in the game, but will suffer from inflation to a higher degree. Just keep bartering and everything will go fine.

people appreciate real world money because thry can use it to buy things
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Colette » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Brikguy, EVE Online discussion belongs in Lesser Games, not Blah Blah Minecraft.

On another note, shit like this never gets old.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:50 pm

Diamonds can buy you anything in minecraft.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby dilanski » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Colette wrote:Brikguy, EVE Online discussion belongs in Lesser Games, not Blah Blah Minecraft.

We've gone one better on the hilarity scale. As Goonswarm, EvE's equivalent to the Empire from Star Wars mixed with the madness of the Immortals, Is also a CIA front (at least according to Glenn Beck) this is likely to go ahead. So when the US invades Icleand in the coming months, you'll all know why.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Vami IV » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:05 pm

dilanski wrote:
Colette wrote:Brikguy, EVE Online discussion belongs in Lesser Games, not Blah Blah Minecraft.

We've gone one better on the hilarity scale. As Goonswarm, EvE's equivalent to the Empire from Star Wars mixed with the madness of the Immortals, Is also a CIA front (at least according to Glenn Beck) this is likely to go ahead. So when the US invades Icleand in the coming months, you'll all know why.

Given how fucking stupid our politicians are, I would be surprised if we go through with this.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
My Little Pony

Postby ikensall » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:52 am

I'd say it's not going to happen, Iceland's natural resources are predominantly fish, water and renewable energy. Oil isn't on the list.

Iceland hasn't got any malicious organisations to use as excuses either. (Although I'm sure if push came to shove, there might be the unprecedented discovery of a government supported drug smuggling cartel within the fishing fleets, which compels the key members of NATO to withhold their moral obligations and kill everyone in all of Iceland's fishing ports, before razing them to the ground and taking all of their fish.) :phil:
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Zupponn » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:20 am

Why would the US invade? We already own Iceland.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Maverick » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm

Zupponn wrote:Why would the US invade? We already own Iceland.

Nonononono you got it wrong. Iceland has been a danish island since 6969 bc.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

ikensall wrote:I'd say it's not going to happen, Iceland's natural resources are predominantly fish, water and renewable energy. Oil isn't on the list.

Iceland hasn't got any malicious organisations to use as excuses either. (Although I'm sure if push came to shove, there might be the unprecedented discovery of a government supported drug smuggling cartel within the fishing fleets, which compels the key members of NATO to withhold their moral obligations and kill everyone in all of Iceland's fishing ports, before razing them to the ground and taking all of their fish.) :phil:

This just in oil discovered in Iceland
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby dilanski » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:25 pm

ikensall wrote:I'd say it's not going to happen, Iceland's natural resources are predominantly fish, water and renewable energy. Oil isn't on the list.

I actually see a US/NATO invasion of Iceland going completely tits up. Simply, they're Vikings. I don't care if the combined deck area of all the carriers NATO threw at Iceland would be larger than the country itself, they are Vikings, and simply put, Vikings are cooler.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Maverick » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:37 pm

dilanski wrote:
I actually see a US/NATO invasion of Iceland going completely tits up. Simply, they're Vikings. I don't care if the combined deck area of all the carriers NATO threw at Iceland would be larger than the country itself, they are Vikings, and simply put, Vikings are cooler.

This post wins. All the awards. You should be given an honorary doctorate for being awesome.
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Postby Vami IV » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Maverick wrote:
dilanski wrote:

This post wins. All the awards. You should be given an honorary doctorate for being awesome.

How about the deed to rule all of Iceland?
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
My Little Pony

Postby Maverick » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Vami IV wrote:How about the deed to rule all of Iceland?

Denmark has owned that since 6969 BC.

Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Maverick

Next

Return to blah blah minecraft