Build ideas

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Build ideas

Postby Brikguy0410 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Just some ideas I had to help the server move forward

Economics:

1: standard currency

Gold nuggets renamed gold coin in an anvil, we will make a mint, witch is the only place money can be produced, in the beginning all players will be given a starting amount of money, sell items or do services to get more coins, making your own coins is not allowed.

2: stock exchange or something like that

We build a stock exchange/ real estate or whatever build for all that advanced economic stuff, my plan is:

Players found companies, these companies have a value in coins, the value is equal to how many coins a company could make in a week if the median number of customers they get daily in real (server) life came in each day and each customer bought let's say, 5 coins worth of goods, this last number can be changed in proportion to how many coins are in circulation. Back To the point, at the end of the week, the company recieves as much gold as it is worth, and after taking 25% for the owner, it is equally divided into As many part as there are stocks owned by a player, if a player owns more than one stock, they get the money from all the stocks they own, the shareholders also help make decisions for the company. How this will benefit the company's inspire shareholders having to but there stocks is still being worked on



This is all for now, but I have plenty more ideas
User avatar
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: In a pineapple under the sea

Re: Build ideas

Postby loafofcheese » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:32 pm

The problem with currencies is that they're only worth what people appreciate it for, gold already has a use for making booster tracks and potions, while emeralds are already a from of currency in the game, but will suffer from inflation to a higher degree. Just keep bartering and everything will go fine.
DeltaV wrote:Caw caw motherfucker.
User avatar
loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:44 am
Location: Maitland, NSW

Re: Build ideas

Postby Brikguy0410 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 pm

loafofcheese wrote:The problem with currencies is that they're only worth what people appreciate it for, gold already has a use for making booster tracks and potions, while emeralds are already a from of currency in the game, but will suffer from inflation to a higher degree. Just keep bartering and everything will go fine.

people appreciate real world money because thry can use it to buy things
User avatar
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: In a pineapple under the sea

Re: Build ideas

Postby Colette » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Brikguy, EVE Online discussion belongs in Lesser Games, not Blah Blah Minecraft.

On another note, shit like this never gets old.
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Build ideas

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:50 pm

Diamonds can buy you anything in minecraft.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5692
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Build ideas

Postby dilanski » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Colette wrote:Brikguy, EVE Online discussion belongs in Lesser Games, not Blah Blah Minecraft.

On another note, shit like this never gets old.


We've gone one better on the hilarity scale. As Goonswarm, EvE's equivalent to the Empire from Star Wars mixed with the madness of the Immortals, Is also a CIA front (at least according to Glenn Beck) this is likely to go ahead. So when the US invades Icleand in the coming months, you'll all know why.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
 
Posts: 2106
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: Build ideas

Postby Vami IV » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:05 pm

dilanski wrote:
Colette wrote:Brikguy, EVE Online discussion belongs in Lesser Games, not Blah Blah Minecraft.

On another note, shit like this never gets old.


We've gone one better on the hilarity scale. As Goonswarm, EvE's equivalent to the Empire from Star Wars mixed with the madness of the Immortals, Is also a CIA front (at least according to Glenn Beck) this is likely to go ahead. So when the US invades Icleand in the coming months, you'll all know why.

Given how fucking stupid our politicians are, I would be surprised if we go through with this.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Image
User avatar
Vami IV
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1789
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: Build ideas

Postby ikensall » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:52 am

I'd say it's not going to happen, Iceland's natural resources are predominantly fish, water and renewable energy. Oil isn't on the list.

Spoiler: show
Iceland hasn't got any malicious organisations to use as excuses either. (Although I'm sure if push came to shove, there might be the unprecedented discovery of a government supported drug smuggling cartel within the fishing fleets, which compels the key members of NATO to withhold their moral obligations and kill everyone in all of Iceland's fishing ports, before razing them to the ground and taking all of their fish.) :phil:
User avatar
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 869
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:09 am
Location: England

Re: Build ideas

Postby Zupponn » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:20 am

Why would the US invade? We already own Iceland.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5692
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Build ideas

Postby Maverick » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm

Zupponn wrote:Why would the US invade? We already own Iceland.

Nonononono you got it wrong. Iceland has been a danish island since 6969 bc.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Spoiler: show
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
User avatar
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Re: Build ideas

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

ikensall wrote:I'd say it's not going to happen, Iceland's natural resources are predominantly fish, water and renewable energy. Oil isn't on the list.

Spoiler: show
Iceland hasn't got any malicious organisations to use as excuses either. (Although I'm sure if push came to shove, there might be the unprecedented discovery of a government supported drug smuggling cartel within the fishing fleets, which compels the key members of NATO to withhold their moral obligations and kill everyone in all of Iceland's fishing ports, before razing them to the ground and taking all of their fish.) :phil:

This just in oil discovered in Iceland
User avatar
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Build ideas

Postby dilanski » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:25 pm

ikensall wrote:I'd say it's not going to happen, Iceland's natural resources are predominantly fish, water and renewable energy. Oil isn't on the list.

Spoiler: show
Iceland hasn't got any malicious organisations to use as excuses either. (Although I'm sure if push came to shove, there might be the unprecedented discovery of a government supported drug smuggling cartel within the fishing fleets, which compels the key members of NATO to withhold their moral obligations and kill everyone in all of Iceland's fishing ports, before razing them to the ground and taking all of their fish.) :phil:


I actually see a US/NATO invasion of Iceland going completely tits up. Simply, they're Vikings. I don't care if the combined deck area of all the carriers NATO threw at Iceland would be larger than the country itself, they are Vikings, and simply put, Vikings are cooler.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
 
Posts: 2106
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: Build ideas

Postby Maverick » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:37 pm

dilanski wrote:
I actually see a US/NATO invasion of Iceland going completely tits up. Simply, they're Vikings. I don't care if the combined deck area of all the carriers NATO threw at Iceland would be larger than the country itself, they are Vikings, and simply put, Vikings are cooler.

This post wins. All the awards. You should be given an honorary doctorate for being awesome.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Spoiler: show
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
User avatar
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Re: Build ideas

Postby Vami IV » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Maverick wrote:
dilanski wrote:
I actually see a US/NATO invasion of Iceland going completely tits up. Simply, they're Vikings. I don't care if the combined deck area of all the carriers NATO threw at Iceland would be larger than the country itself, they are Vikings, and simply put, Vikings are cooler.

This post wins. All the awards. You should be given an honorary doctorate for being awesome.

How about the deed to rule all of Iceland?
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Image
User avatar
Vami IV
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1789
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: ✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Re: Build ideas

Postby Maverick » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Vami IV wrote:How about the deed to rule all of Iceland?

Denmark has owned that since 6969 BC.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Spoiler: show
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
User avatar
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Next

Return to blah blah minecraft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest