Brikwars General: Server Events

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Lava. Was transporting buckets of it from the desert to get my portal up and I left a spot unwatered like a dunce. I'll fix it when I get on tonight.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby SIR_WHO » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:46 pm

All right, since we're talking about buildings, I'll be making a mage tower, which will be Extemely fancy. Automated potions, enchanting, automated smelting... Also, my house. it'll be essentially a mage tower, but also like a mini-keep next to the big keep.
OH! we also need to find a place for Jeff the III, my tree.
~~Who
TROLOLO
SIR_WHO
Hero
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:29 am

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby lawmaster » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Whoever it was that tunneled into my place I would like to thank you. You left me with some good stuff, when you could have just left, or worse destroyed my stuff. Whomever you are if you ever need anything just tell me.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
User avatar
lawmaster
Dimmy
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:32 am
Location: Over the rainbow

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby loafofcheese » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:53 am

lawmaster wrote:Whoever it was that tunneled into my place I would like to thank you. You left me with some good stuff, when you could have just left, or worse destroyed my stuff. Whomever you are if you ever need anything just tell me.

Pretty sure that was ross, He left a sign. ( I was walking through the area around mike's base and saw yours and investigated it.)
DeltaV wrote:Caw caw motherfucker.
User avatar
loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:44 am
Location: Maitland, NSW

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby SIR_WHO » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:44 am

Some ideas for the town:
1. a Lodge, a place for new people to stay and claim a house.
2. a Well, for people to get water.
3. a Library, with an enchanting table in it.
4. a Community Farm, where people can harvest and replant for everyone.
5. a Minecart Station, where people can travel.
6. A blacksmith place with many furnaces and chests full of tinder to smelt with.
7. A courthouse for settling griefing trials.
8. A public mine.
9. A jail (for griefers).
10. A central castle or large home that belongs to the town's creator.
11. Town square/park
12. Pond / Lake with Fishing hut and boats.
13. Church!
14. A theatre
15. a Couple of streets. (Shops etc)
16. a Bank
17. a Town hall
18. a Grand entranceway (usually takes the form of a bridge)
19. a Drawbridge?
20. Guard Towers
21. Wheat Fields.
22. small houses (Peasants) outside the city.
23. A cemetery (to store the rests of hostile mobs or griefers)
24. An archery range
25. A pub/restaurant
26. A tower in each corner of the town. (We're getting more kingdom-ish now.)
27. An armory room in each tower full of armor.
28. A water/lava moat.
29. A tailor's shop to buy and sell leather items.
30. A school.
31. A harbor with lots of boats.
32. A customs officer at the harbor. No smuggling in Nether and Ender items!
33. A fire station. Thats right Law!
34. A ration station. In times of war, to conserve food, food stores are closed and daily rations are, say, 1 mushroom soup and 1 bread.
35. A hospital.
36. A house with a giant brown mushroom planted on top of it, with vines growing off of it.
37. A floating island with a castle on it.
38. A miniature lagoon with a glowstone beach, complete with a waterfall and lillypads
39. a Wizard Tower
40. Pens for every kind of breedable animal.
41. A temple containing a nether portal and sacrifice pit (near to the church, to show religious cooperation).
42. An underground system of minecart tracks, to allow people to get around the town quickly.
43. An arena, ideally containing mob spawners, with plenty of space for spectators.
44. A stone circle, a la stonehenge, with an altar in the middle to greet the rising sun.
45. A communal pool
46. Ancient ruins
47. A watchtower (Kind of like a bell tower) in the middle of the city that allows you to see the next village/city.
48. A redstone clock?
~~Who
TROLOLO
SIR_WHO
Hero
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:29 am

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby SnakeMittens » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:09 am

I'd be willing to set up a minecart travel system.
User avatar
SnakeMittens
Galidor
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Somewhere.

Request for excavation help

Postby Battlegrinder » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Ok, I asked last week about some help for digging out the cavern where I'll be building my base. Over the past few days I managed to dig down to the right depth and have started digging out the outlines of the cavern. If anyone is free to help me dig, I'd like to have the main group effort kick off at 8 PM US NYC time. I'm not laying claim to anything you find while digging, its yours to keep (at the depth we'll be working at, you can expect to find everything from coal to diamonds). I'll be providing tools and supplies.

A few notes:
The cavern is a 60x60x40 space, and by the specified time, I'll have carved out the at least the outline, leaving a 58x58x38 block of material still to go (hereafter refereed to as The Block).

The Block won't take as long as you might thing a mass of material its size would take, as A) it's not pure stone, there will be significant amounts of gravel and dirt mixed in, and B) The Block isn't a solid mass, there are several caves and caverns running through it, all of which will reduce it's net volume.

Mobs have been occasionally spawning on top of The Block, but not in great enough numbers to prove threatening. That said, I'd suggest bringing a sword and some armor.

The Block is above the lava layer, but there may be caves within it that go down that deep. The "Don't dig straight down" rule should always be observed.
Image

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
User avatar
Battlegrinder
Dimmy
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:52 pm
Location: Limbo

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby SIR_WHO » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:03 pm

If I can get the dimensions of the area we have to work with, I can make building plans, so we know where things go.
Oh, also. I'll be making/finding a semi-remote (somewhere in the nearby forest, probably..) to make myself a large brewery/auto brewer/ mage tower keep. I'll have a small potion shop in-town, so you can place orders there. It'll be free, but don't order 999999999999 potions..
~~Who
TROLOLO
SIR_WHO
Hero
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:29 am

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby SnakeMittens » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:28 am

Please make sure your Block doesn't break into my ravine. I put down a sign showing which ravine is mine after I found your tunnel thing.
User avatar
SnakeMittens
Galidor
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Somewhere.

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:44 am

You can try to stop me from sum glueing I'm end stone, but you won't, for I am an enderborn!
User avatar
Brikguy0410
Official Forum Science and History Expert
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: In a pineapple under the sea

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby Battlegrinder » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:49 am

SnakeMittens wrote:Please make sure your Block doesn't break into my ravine. I put down a sign showing which ravine is mine after I found your tunnel thing.


I'll do my best to keep my stuff out of your turf. I don't think the Block connects to your any ravines directly, but i won't know for sure until its done.
Image

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
User avatar
Battlegrinder
Dimmy
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:52 pm
Location: Limbo

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby SIR_WHO » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:You can try to stop me from sum glueing I'm end stone, but you won't, for I am an enderborn!

I'm assuming this is "you can try to stop me from stealing end stone, but you won't, for I am an enderborn."
~~Who
TROLOLO
SIR_WHO
Hero
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:29 am

Re: Request for excavation help

Postby Battlegrinder » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:Ok, I asked last week about some help for digging out the cavern where I'll be building my base. Over the past few days I managed to dig down to the right depth and have started digging out the outlines of the cavern. If anyone is free to help me dig, I'd like to have the main group effort kick off at 8 PM US NYC time. I'm not laying claim to anything you find while digging, its yours to keep (at the depth we'll be working at, you can expect to find everything from coal to diamonds). I'll be providing tools and supplies.

A few notes:
The cavern is a 60x60x40 space, and by the specified time, I'll have carved out the at least the outline, leaving a 58x58x38 block of material still to go (hereafter refereed to as The Block).

The Block won't take as long as you might thing a mass of material its size would take, as A) it's not pure stone, there will be significant amounts of gravel and dirt mixed in, and B) The Block isn't a solid mass, there are several caves and caverns running through it, all of which will reduce it's net volume.

Mobs have been occasionally spawning on top of The Block, but not in great enough numbers to prove threatening. That said, I'd suggest bringing a sword and some armor.

The Block is above the lava layer, but there may be caves within it that go down that deep. The "Don't dig straight down" rule should always be observed.


Ok, the big dig is scheduled to start in less than an hour. I'd like to preemptively thank everyone who shows up, as well those of you who have volunteered their time ahead of the event. Thank you so much for your assistance, and I hope to see you again soon.

Also, if anyone ever needs some help on their own large project, doesn't hesitate to ask me, I owe all of you big time for this.

Edit: Ok, since no showed up today, maybe we can reschedule, I think I should've checked to see when people are available. Does the 22nd sound workable?
Image

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
User avatar
Battlegrinder
Dimmy
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:52 pm
Location: Limbo

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby SIR_WHO » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:12 am

If I can get on the server, Id be happy to dig away, all I need is a pickaxe.
~~Who
TROLOLO
SIR_WHO
Hero
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:29 am

Re: Brikwars General: Server Events

Postby Nimja » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:48 am

I'm setting up a foortop farm.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

The Empryan colonies!
User avatar
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: Location,Location

PreviousNext

Return to blah blah minecraft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests