We need to update the server

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

We need to update the server

Postby Nimja » Thu May 15, 2014 1:00 pm

I can't get in. Craftbukkit is out of date again.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Re: We need to update the server

Postby dilanski » Fri May 16, 2014 5:10 am

CraftBukkit is still 1.7.2, and swapping to the dev version of 1.7.9 would cause instability, not to mention 1.8 is so close that I wouldn't be surprised if that came out before the next crafbukkit.

I feel that lokkit is an essential for the server to keep the peace. As much as the BrikGuy cold war fizzled out ages ago, swapping to vanilla would mean we lose that, and I wouldn't want to do so before giving some notice.

At the moment, the server is a bit dead, I'm keeping it up in its current form purely because I want to keep the promise to have it up until I at least go to university (and possibly move it permanently onto Ziggy Wiring, as lawl, power bills). This bukkit problem isn't helping, so moving us to Vanilla is on the table, along with another idea to move spawn, but that's for another thread.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: We need to update the server

Postby Nimja » Fri May 16, 2014 10:50 am

dilanski wrote:CraftBukkit is still 1.7.2, and swapping to the dev version of 1.7.9 would cause instability, not to mention 1.8 is so close that I wouldn't be surprised if that came out before the next crafbukkit.

I feel that lokkit is an essential for the server to keep the peace. As much as the BrikGuy cold war fizzled out ages ago, swapping to vanilla would mean we lose that, and I wouldn't want to do so before giving some notice.

At the moment, the server is a bit dead, I'm keeping it up in its current form purely because I want to keep the promise to have it up until I at least go to university (and possibly move it permanently onto Ziggy Wiring, as lawl, power bills). This bukkit problem isn't helping, so moving us to Vanilla is on the table, along with another idea to move spawn, but that's for another thread.

damn.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Return to blah blah minecraft