501'st Brikwars Server

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians

501'st Brikwars Server

Postby 501stCadians » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Second minecraft thread, as the old one was a bit large.

Last Post, Old thread:

Keldoclock wrote:^ look around more. Naturally generated chests. Just make a flat world and run around <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a>.

Right click the wolf with a bone or two and make it your pet! Also cookies are in the game.

Latest IP: 75.102.38.154:25565 Subject to Change
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
My Little Pony

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:47 pm

A new thread does not make the other one less large. It's just going to make everything less organized.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Scottsamn » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:55 pm

it does, however, keep the first one from getting larger. giantITP had 6 minecraft threads last time I checked, I think.
"I loved smoking that bastard"
-My mother, concerning an anoying squirle.
"I think his mate saw me. *BANG BANG BANG* Yes, yes he did."- The Sniper
Scottsamn
Dimmy

Postby Olothontor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:34 am

501st and I are planning on having the server officially open next week sometime, although this may be slightly delayed. It hinges mainly on two major points:
    -=- 1- Whether or not the transaction that gets us the initial month of server activity is made early this weekend.
    -=- 2- Whether or not we manage to get all the necessary preparations for the server start-up done between the activation of the server and the proposed opening date to the Brikwars public.

The texture pack is still in the works, and 501st is currently sorting out the planned mods and plugins (and making sure they all work). That being said, if anyone knows Mysql, I think he wanted some help.

Cheers,
    Olly
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Pooplord

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby knolli » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:29 am

Is there any chance I can join you on the new server? But I live in Europe and the last time I played minecraft on an american server, the game lagged like hell.
knolli
Jaw-Jaw

Postby OneEye589 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Scottsamn wrote:it does, however, keep the first one from getting larger. giantITP had 6 minecraft threads last time I checked, I think.

It does, but now we're just going to have two giant threads instead of one, or a bunch of tiny threads.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Scottsamn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Well then we'll make more, okay? Christ, it's not that hard to figure out. I say we vote on how many pages till the next thread, put me up for 30.
"I loved smoking that bastard"
-My mother, concerning an anoying squirle.
"I think his mate saw me. *BANG BANG BANG* Yes, yes he did."- The Sniper
Scottsamn
Dimmy

Postby 501stCadians » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Or we could just get our own user group *cough* mike *cough* nag nag nag *cough*
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
My Little Pony

Postby Olothontor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:53 pm

501stCadians wrote:Or we could just get our own user group *cough* mike *cough* nag nag nag *cough*

Didn't we discuss how ANNOYING MIKE WON'T MAKE IT HAPPEN ANY FASTER? Seriously, you're like a toddler tugging on his coattails for attention. Cut that out! >_>

Anyway, here. Enjoy some screenshots of a building I designed for the server. It's going to be the Icewind Wolverine tribe's chief building (Icewind being the tribe that 501st and I started as the admintribe).

An overview shot. Go sand columns.

Again: go sand columns. Just decorative. I loves me some architecture.

A sneaky pic of the three-tile deep trench surrounding the building, accessible through the basement.

The front- and only- entrance.

Just inside the front door. This underwent some revisions, as I found a Creeper sitting in my living room one day when I rose from my bed. It decided my house looked nicccccce.

The staircase the leads both upstairs and down.

A shot of upstairs, currently only a waste disposal (the pile of stone has a water flow in it) and a ladder to the roof.

A shot of the roof again. Yay, architectural fiddly bits!

And the depressingly unfinished basement. Functional, but lacking the charisma to fit in and play nice with the other floors.

Feel free to organize your own tribes before the server goes operational, it'll make blocking out places easier. When the server opens, there should be 3 or 4 preset villages for each faction to start with, not including Icewind Village. We'll try to find neat places to put the villages, maybe center them around crucial landmarks or whatnot.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Pooplord

Postby RunsWithLegos » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:53 pm

OH! This looks FUN!
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:00 am

I would like to start a tribe or clan.
It would be called something like the Smoking Huskies or the Smoking Bears.
Any body could join.

Olothontor wrote:We'll try to find neat places to put the villages, maybe center them around crucial landmarks or whatnot.

Are you saying we aren't going to be able to build stuff our selfs?
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil

Postby Olothontor » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:03 am

I'm saying you're all going to have starting points.

From there you're free to do with your village whatever the hell you want. You can of course expand it, yadda yadda. The makeup, operations, government heirarchy, and etc are all up to you once you've chosen your starting village.

Each village will have a longhouse for living quarters, a village hall, a small farm, and a stockroom (as well as a landmark for identification value, and probably a design and architectural style based on the biome that it's located in). There will probably also be the beginnings of a shaft-style mine, but I'm still deciding whether or not that should be included.

EDIT: I haven't discussed this with 501st yet, but if your tribe has a single leader or small committee of leaders, they can probably be granted mod status (no, not admin). If you start an anarchy, everyone in the village will NOT be granted mod status, and you will be modless.

That way, each tribe will be represented in terms of the hierarchy. My main fear is that, because the large majority of the server admins are in Icewind, there would be no representation elsewhere. Hopefully this will fix that, at least moderately.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Pooplord

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:01 am

Can I make some specific requests for my village? I'm going to make them any way, you decide if you think it's to much work. :D

I would love it if my Village could be on a sunny mountain/hill side and build pretty vertical. It would also be great if there would be space on the roofs for crops and such.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil

Postby Olothontor » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:59 am

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:I would love it if my Village could be on a sunny mountain/hill side and build pretty vertical. It would also be great if there would be space on the roofs for crops and such.

I'll do my best to find a nice spot for it. If possible, I'll try for a seaside view as well (hills overlooking an ocean or lake). The village hall will be a fairly skinny 2 or 3-floor tower, and the houses will be two floors tall.

I'm guessing wood and dirt construction, maybe supplemented by some green wool for designs. Wooden boxes, but with slanted dirt roofs. Green wool carpeting/wall designs wherever possible.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Pooplord

Postby Killer Karetsu » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:28 am

I'll join the smoking huskies/bears!
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Next

Return to blah blah minecraft