Mods and maps

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Postby knolli » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Looks nice. I think I will take a look. Just imagine the possibilities for new structures and buildings you get with the new kinds of stones. They look neat. Can you craft cloudstone slabs or stairs? I didn't find anything about that in the discription, but they would be a nice alternative to stone or wooden ones.

Can the mod be used for SMP-servers?
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby muffinman42 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:13 pm

knolli wrote:Looks nice. I think I will take a look. Just imagine the possibilities for new structures and buildings you get with the new kinds of stones. They look neat. Can you craft cloudstone slabs or stairs? I didn't find anything about that in the discription, but they would be a nice alternative to stone or wooden ones.

Can the mod be used for SMP-servers?

This mod gives you a MOTHER FUCKING SKY DIMENSION and your more interested in the stone types. I don't think you can. I didn't try since i was too busy TAMING AND FLYING AROUND ON MY MOA EXPLORING AND KILLING STUFF!
Building up their is nice, the new tools dig though the aether stuff really, really fast. the stone level tools are basically instant! the most complex build I've done so far is a stable for all my FLYING PIGS AND MOAs so that i can't lose them WHILE RAIDING DUNGEONS!

for building i'm waiting for sombody to make the "real stone" pack.
basically I'm thinking DF's geology but in minecraft.

ALSO THEIRS A MOD THAT LETS YOU MAKE LITTLE SOLDIERS THAT FIGHT TO THE DEATH! YOU CAN MAKE THE SOLDIERS AS WELL AS HORSES FOR THEM TO RIDE, THEN GIVE THEM ARMOR AND WEAPONS! YOU CAN GIVE THEM SULFUR TO MAKE THEM MINI-CREEPERS! IT'S LIKE BRIKWARS BUT WITH MORE CHAOS! AND OH MY GOD I'M IN ALL CAPS AGAIN! WHY DO ALL MY MOD REVIEWS INVOLVE OBSCENE AMOUNTS OF CAPS!
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Rody » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Just brilliant this one:
a mod that will make torches you hold in you hand also light up the surrounding area, and the same goes for dropped torches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faiyVIGBAkE
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/184426-v173-dynamic-lights-in-aether-too/
Last edited by Rody on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 pm

muffinman42 wrote: AND OH MY GOD I'M IN ALL CAPS AGAIN! WHY DO ALL MY MOD REVIEWS INVOLVE OBSCENE AMOUNTS OF CAPS!

BECAUSE YOU EXPERIENCED PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!!
FUCK YEA!!!!!!
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby knolli » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:42 am

muffinman42 wrote:This mod gives you a MOTHER FUCKING SKY DIMENSION and your more interested in the stone types. I don't think you can. I didn't try since I was too busy TAMING AND FLYING AROUND ON MY MOA EXPLORING AND KILLING STUFF!
Building up their is nice, the new tools dig though the aether stuff really, really fast. the stone level tools are basically instant! the most complex build I've done so far is a stable for all my FLYING PIGS AND MOAs so that I can't lose them WHILE RAIDING DUNGEONS!

for building I'm waiting for sombody to make the "real stone" pack.
basically I'm thinking DF's geology but in minecraft.

Of course that's awesome. I am curious to explore this Anti-Nether, hop from flying island to another on my tamed moa and explore real dungeons. But face it: Everyone has different interests and minecraft has the means to satisfy many of them regardless if you are an explorer, builder or miner. And in my oppinion, building a FLYING HEAVENLY FORTRESS HIGH UP IN THE SKY SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE AND HAVE MORE THAN THREE KINDS OF STONE TO DO SO IS WHAT REALLY GETS ME EXITED. I MEAN PILLARS, REAL PILLAR BLOCKS. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I WATED FOR THIS? CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THE LOCKED CHEST ARE ONLY A MINOR PART OF THE TRUE TREASUREs THE DUNGEONS HOLD?

Sorry for screaming. It is catching.

Edit: I've installed the mod and created a new world. I took me some time to gather alle the resources to go to heaven, but after some hours I managed that; no problem.
Come to the Ather, they say. It's peacefull there, they say. Pah! All day long Ghast-like flying things shoot balls at you. They don't harm you themselves, but they knock you back. And if you happen to fall down a cliff,... Or these golden slime things. Same story, only that they throw you high up into the air. And then you see the ground comming at you and you can do nothing but scream! Then night came and moas turned evil. The poisoned arrows are worse than creepers! One hit and you are half dead. I was down to my last heart when I finally arrived at my safehouse near the gate. I only wanted to go to bed so that this nightmare might end soon. And BAAM! My bed exploded right into my face. Someone should have warned me that sleeping in the Aether does this to you. The explosion destroyed every chest and furnance in the room and damaged my portal, too, and I didn't have the means to repair it. So this way back was no longer possible.
The thought, that I could simply use a paracute to safely float down to the surface occured to me the instant I had jumped over the cliff. :oops:

Did I mention that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MOD? :P
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Ranger S2H » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:01 pm

atm i use industrialcraft and buildcraft

I've been working on setting up a small server, does anyone know a good buy/sell mod without bukkit?
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Postby muffinman42 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:58 pm

I used industrial craft, found it a bit cyclic, the mod existed to serve it self.

I prefer Better Than Wolves as the stuff in it is useful and cool looking. Wind mills and water wheels, hoppers, half/quarter blocks. I got a wind mill, a water wheel, a saw mill, a bakery, automated storage cart shuttles (push button, goes to hopper, receives goods, comes back), hemp farms...

Industrial craft I ended up with a single block with all the machines powered by solar panels on the roof and water turbines below.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:32 am

muffinman42 wrote: hemp farms...

:<3:
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Gorchek » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:31 am

Not a mod, but a useful tool.

http://www.plotz.co.uk/

Gives you layer by layer plans to make sphere, lighthouse, wizards tower, or observatories.
Gorchek
Officer

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:01 pm

More mods! A newly released one from the guy who made pistons:

Paintmod

A bloody ridiculous end-game mod that gives you 1 diamond per 512 cobble:

Equivalent Exchange

You may have seen it before, the Yogscast did a spotlight. I seriously like this one.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby knolli » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:15 am

The week before 1.8 came out I installed Better Than Wolves and Equivalent Exchange. Here is what I made out of it.

There is the greenhouse to the right, the windmill, the Alchemist's tower in the background and the watermill with the potter's workshop next to it at the left side of the picture. The entrance to the mine is directly below the tower.

I want this to become a complete medevial village with village square, tavern, farms, a smithy and the noble's mansion. Maybe a town wall and even a small fortress. But I have trouble to decide where to build them and how to arrange buildings. The way it is right now it looks like the farmland in front of the greenhouse is the center of it all.

I'd like to hear your suggestions.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Gorchek » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:58 pm

The Great Wall and Walled City, from Formivore

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/171188-v181formivores-mods-city-wall-road-generator/

It makes big cities to explore, with spawners, dungeon, and treasure hidden around. But the best I've seen so far:

This is gonna take a while to explore...
Gorchek
Officer

Postby knolli » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:47 am

I don't like blocky design of the houses so I passed when I took my first look at this mod.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:23 am

knolli wrote:I don't like blocky design of the houses so I passed when I took my first look at this mod.

I really hate blocky designs accept for walls or something.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Gorchek » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:46 am

I can put up with the blocky building. Especially when it means finding this:

The gold roofs are dungeons. With many, many spawners...
Gorchek
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to blah blah minecraft