:BUILDING CHALLENGE: Top Thread and Submissions

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

:BUILDING CHALLENGE: Top Thread and Submissions

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Ello mates! Let's get some action in this here sub-forum!

I've decided to start a series of Building Challenges, showcasing your immense, detailed, and explosive builds so we all can see them.

The first challenge: Build something explosive. Mining device, defense mechanism, mob trap, I don't care, just so long as it uses TnT. Document it by screenshots, and the best/top voted construction will gain a shiny Metal of Minecraft and their name in this post! Which isn't much, but hey, as long as you're interested.

This will have an entry deadline of 5 days, until the 13th. Submit creations in this thread, and a separate thread will be made for voting purposes. Go ahead and shout out ideas for future challenges if you want.

VICTOR: Week 1: Explosives Challenge: TBD
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Rody » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:11 am

hmm... interesting, I might just make something, or make something several days after the deadline. eh care.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby knolli » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:51 am

I have to pass on the challenge. In the SSP-Levels I either suffer a severe lack of gunpowder or sand. Yes, sand is a rare resource in Survival Island or Adrift! that you can't simply waste for TNT.
And I won't use InvEdit, never ever.

But I like the idea in general. What challenge will you present us next week?
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:10 am

Use of InvEdit is encouraged, since TnT is so damn hard to come by. Use a test-style world if you wish.

I'd like for next week's to be pictures of your basic dwelling/home base that you've made for your main game. Explosions were just going to start us off with a bang.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Rody » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:50 pm

The problem is that I'm currently on vacation in turkey and as such just don't feel like playing any computer games.
I probably will make something later on, though wetter it is before your deadline will be anyones guess.

my current plan is to create a cannon that can fire in any of of the compass directions (360 degrees of usability :D )
inspired by a design I saw earlier.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Return to blah blah minecraft