What do you guys think of creepers?

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: RagnarokRose, 501stCadians, dilanski

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:08 am

I never understood why creepers were considered so dangerous.
Just
A. Shoot them
B. Stand above them and kill (on a hill, or a 3-block tall tower[they can't hit you but you can hit them!])
C. Stab, run backwards, stab. Dead.

Just easy TnT for when you don't have a grinder set up.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:43 am

But you are right. You can deal with them easily - IF you see them early, that is.

The problem with them is that they keep silent and sneak up on you. Only when it's too late they make the feared TsssssBOOOM.
Sometimes I only get the red screen without any warning at all. That's why they are called creepers.
And sometimes it goes: Oh shit, Creeper! Too close. It's already blinking. Run! Run! RUN! Boom! Fuu, survived. Flying,... WHAAA, where does this lava come from?!? Title Screen/Respawn?
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:18 pm

What he said ^^ + the fact that they stand in your doorway looking at you while you sleep.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Last time I played Minecraft, my mouse was doing some random spazzy stuff, and at points my cursor would teleport to the top corner of the screen (it still does this sometimes, I end up accidentally closing windows when trying to click something). In the game, this results in you looking straight up and spinning around madly. I didn't think it would be much trouble, until I saw a creeper running at me. I decided to try to fight him, hoping that it wouldn't happen. As soon as I was within attacking distance, sure enough: WARBLGBGLGH *BOOM*

I haven't played since.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

kerlc
Champion
Champion

Post by kerlc » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:51 am

the only thing i have to say on this topic is:

don't fear the creeper
landing is for pussies, REAL men crash.

got my warhammer right here.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:00 pm

aoffan23 wrote:Mouse problems
If you have a wireless mouse then you should replace your batteries.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:20 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:Mouse problems
If you have a wireless mouse then you should replace your batteries.
It's not wireless.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:49 pm

I spaz out too in minecraft. Luckily, it never happened when I was fighting creepers. Happened plenty of other times too. I think it might just be minecraft.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:12 am

I have the same problem with my mouse, but it happens all the time so I think the problem is with the mouse and not with minecraft.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:45 pm

[/creeperpicdump]

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Creepers are more feared than mobs and gangs.

But you know what I say to creepers? First, nothing. Then I engage in crappy combat where I shouldn't let him get to close. Then I kill it. Then I shout in anger that if these fuckers didnt spawn randomly, I would freakin exterminate them all.

The only thing one could familiarize the creepers purpose with, is Brikwars. Where Creating Destruction is a motto, and yet this fiend denies ANY kind of construction, wishing solely, to destroy every two blocks you smack together.

Oh well, my rage against virtual monsters is cool now...

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:16 pm

my theory is that creepers are not animals, due to the fact that any species that relies on blowing itself up to hunt, or as a self-defence mechanism will go extinct rather quickly.

instead I think creepers are demons of some sort, or tree demons, because notch described the texture of their skin as dried leaves. this makes perfect sense, because they would have a reason to attack the player because of all the trees he has hurt, and that it can't be extinct because it simply respawns.

the only way to get rid of the green treefuckers permanently is to kill them with silver weapons or holy water which minecraft sadly doesn't have.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Ranger S2H wrote:my theory is that creepers are not animals, due to the fact that any species that relies on blowing itself up to hunt, or as a self-defence mechanism will go extinct rather quickly.

instead I think creepers are demons of some sort, or tree demons, because notch described the texture of their skin as dried leaves. this makes perfect sense, because they would have a reason to attack the player because of all the trees he has hurt, and that it can't be extinct because it simply respawns.

the only way to get rid of the green treefuckers permanently is to kill them with silver weapons or holy water which minecraft sadly doesn't have.
But what about those that collect the saplings and replant the trees?

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:21 pm

BFenix wrote:
Ranger S2H wrote:my theory is that creepers are not animals, due to the fact that any species that relies on blowing itself up to hunt, or as a self-defence mechanism will go extinct rather quickly.

What If you kill a pregnant women and raise her baby.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:50 pm

solvess wrote:
BFenix wrote:

What If you kill a pregnant women and raise her baby.
Exactly!