jk9000+ Anarchy Server [brikwarriors be pwnt]

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians

Postby 501stCadians » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:10 am

muffinman42 wrote:why not build the new base IN the nether!
hide a portal somewhere, short trek across ghast territory then bam! base!

ration cobble and other materials to vital tasks, use wood for everything else. we can grow trees for materials and farm for food. nobody expects a nether base.

to hide it maybe a portal somewhere then a tunnel to a different portal.BUT the second one is hiding the base, dig to the left and you come out into the open nether and continuing left you will find a cave where the base is.

Notes on the nether;
* ghasts can't destroy most non-flammable blocks.

* pig men provide us with free meat if we make a clever lava trap.

* ghasts form a defense. if we can cage some with pistons then release them when attacked.

* we can grow trees. make charcoal for touches.

* only materials to build with that we can gather in-neather are;
wood
netherrack
grow stone
soul sand
* as such once an area is secure with stone we can build with netherrack and wood, glowstone isn't vital as touches can be used, soul sand is good for defenses.

* ghasts spawn in large spaces, trees need a decent area to grow, build tree farms as short as possible. trees grow in about 5 blocks min, which is too small for ghasts to spawn.

Dispatch the Nethergate Expedition!
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
My Little Pony

Postby knolli » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:24 am

Ex-Lep wrote:its pretty freakin awesome.

ANYWAY: I took all or almost all useful items from the old base, and put em in chests. I took and hid half of the valuables before the griefing in a chest under a lava lake in the mines, it was untouched. I also covered the tunnel to the second portal wih some netherrack, but just dig through the indent in the wall when you come out.

Which tunnel? Come out of what? could you pls pm me the coordinates of the either the second nether gate in the nether or in the world? I found a second gate in the nether near the tower, but it leads to a place nearer to the spawnpoint in the world with a greeved fortress neaby.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
knolli
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Keldoclock » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Go to old base. Go to nether portal. On other side, go down the stairs, PAST the wooden door and turn right, if you turn on the stairs, you have gone too far. Then, go through that tunnel. You will come out to a wooden BrikLodge with some newly-built cobblestone fortifications.

Tunnel is hidden with one layer of Netherrack, just mine it and replace.

No coords, for saftey.

If i'm online I can probably fetch you guys.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby SnakeMittens » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Why no coords?

Oh, I shall work on a secret bunker just in case the new base is found. I'll post the security measures used later. Is that all right?

We also need a way to communicate without the other people on the jkeller server hearing. I propose we use the brikwars chat.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby knolli » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:15 pm

It took some time but finally I found it. You didn't tell me that I have to leave the protection of the tunnels for a few meters. Nice house you have there. I contributed some help, ressources and typical german Zucht und Ordnung. Don't panic when you open your chests. :P
Oh, and I repaired some creeper damage at the front gate.
When I expored your mine for a bit, I got attacked by several creepers and the like. I put some more torches to the walls but many tunnels still need illumination or the cave will always stay a dangerous place.
We are still in a 3 km radius from spawn, so I fear it's only a matter of time until someone finds the house and raids and greeves everything.
Are there diamonds on the map? I don't know how many kilometes of tunnels I've dug so far, but I didn't find even a single piece of diamond ore.

And one last thing: All ur base are belong to us! Find the hidden entrance to my secret mine that I hid in your house. Good luck. There will be a reward. ...maybe I should lay some traps first. :wink:
knolli
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Zupponn » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:37 pm

I actually think that I have 18 diamond on my person.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby SnakeMittens » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey, I can't get to the new base. I'm currently huddled in the tunnel because there's a Ghast somewhere out there. Please help me!

Edit: notaturtle is to be killed on sight. He killed me in that tunnel. He may be on his way to the base now!
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby Ex-Lep » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:58 pm

well, on that note....

i got snake to the base, and notaturtle has requested alliance, claiming he killed snake by accident. i said i would bring it up, but i still suspect him for raiding the second base (in the hillside, before the beach one). discuss.
Last edited by Ex-Lep on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.
Ex-Lep
Dimmy

Postby SnakeMittens » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:17 pm

GUILTY AS CHARGED. I was in the nether when he killed me. His excuse is that he thought I was a zombie pigman. It's rather easy to tell the difference, don't you think?
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby knolli » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:12 pm

Someone was at our first nether base. He must have had an x-ray hack because he's found the chest I hid there. I come to the conclusion that every base will be found sooner or later. Setting up bases, building any kind of structure or collect ressources is a nearly futile task.

Or you have to hide it very well. That's one more reason for the nether base.

muffinman42 wrote:why not build the new base IN the nether!
hide a portal somewhere, short trek across ghast territory then bam! base!

ration cobble and other materials to vital tasks, use wood for everything else. we can grow trees for materials and farm for food. nobody expects a nether base.

to hide it maybe a portal somewhere then a tunnel to a different portal.BUT the second one is hiding the base, dig to the left and you come out into the open nether and continuing left you will find a cave where the base is.

That sounds like you've already built one. can you pm me directions or coordinats pls? I can sponsor cobble or other ressources. Netherrack is just ugly imho.

Why not have bases in both worlds? One hidden mine where you gather ressources and the nether base where you store everything and actually live.
knolli
Jaw-Jaw

Postby muffinman42 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:12 pm

knolli wrote:That sounds like you've already built one. can you pm me directions or coordinats pls? I can sponsor cobble or other ressources. Netherrack is just ugly imho.

Why not have bases in both worlds? One hidden mine where you gather ressources and the nether base where you store everything and actually live.

I haven't on this server. have done before on others and i' testing resource control in single player.

seeing how much space a tree needs, sadly neatherrack isn't ghast shot proof, you can hide but they can destroy it. haven't tested soul sand.
crops grow, trees grow. food and tools all you need.

I'm curious about the bases being discovered. it could be a traitor still. but we can't tell reliably.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby SnakeMittens » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:49 pm

I found another nether portal connected to the base one. Who built it?
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby Ex-Lep » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 pm

knolli wrote:Why not have bases in both worlds? One hidden mine where you gather ressources and the nether base where you store everything and actually live.

I support this idea.
notaturtle was talking about how snake said something about not being friends unless he "fought his legos", so i told him to submit himself to Forum for judgement, but he backed out, saying he didnt join forums. i didnt mention the forum name, as usual.
We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.
Ex-Lep
Dimmy

Postby knolli » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:10 am

SnakeMittens wrote:I found another nether portal connected to the base one. Who built it?

I did. When you dig through the wall behind the hidden nethergate portal there is another long tunnel in extanton to the first one that leads to another portal. On the other side is a cavern that has no natural entrance. Thus it should be hard to find by accident.

We should hide the real world portal that is in front of the house. We could move it underground and it still should connect to the same counterpart in the nether.
knolli
Jaw-Jaw

Postby SnakeMittens » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Keldoclock wrote:Somehow, I don't think this place will last past Thursday :cry:

You were right.

EVERYTHING IS GONE except the Jack-'o-Lantern and a sign.
Sign wrote:Trick or Treat
Happy Halloween
Sons a bitches

:no:

We had 14 iron blocks plus 8 ingots, along with everything else. All that is gone now.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

PreviousNext

Return to blah blah minecraft