muffinman42 wrote:why not build the new base IN the nether!
hide a portal somewhere, short trek across ghast territory then bam! base!
ration cobble and other materials to vital tasks, use wood for everything else. we can grow trees for materials and farm for food. nobody expects a nether base.
to hide it maybe a portal somewhere then a tunnel to a different portal.BUT the second one is hiding the base, dig to the left and you come out into the open nether and continuing left you will find a cave where the base is.
Notes on the nether;
* ghasts can't destroy most non-flammable blocks.
* pig men provide us with free meat if we make a clever lava trap.
* ghasts form a defense. if we can cage some with pistons then release them when attacked.
* we can grow trees. make charcoal for touches.
* only materials to build with that we can gather in-neather are;
* as such once an area is secure with stone we can build with netherrack and wood, glowstone isn't vital as touches can be used, soul sand is good for defenses.
* ghasts spawn in large spaces, trees need a decent area to grow, build tree farms as short as possible. trees grow in about 5 blocks min, which is too small for ghasts to spawn.
Dispatch the Nethergate Expedition!