The Server's First RP Season!

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

The Server's First RP Season!

Postby Olothontor » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:09 pm

Having graciously accepted the post of ERA (Executive Roleplay Administrator) from Matt, I've set off to devise the first ever season of Roleplay on the Brikwars Server! Woo!

That being said, I'd like to unveil the title of the upcoming season...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is said that there is a man who traverses these wild hills who sees things a bit differently than you or I. It is also said that this man can bend reality, can find the cracks and crevices in the very foundation of our world. He is a tinkerer, a wanderer. A man of science driven solely by curiosity.

"Nobody yet knows where this man will end up, nor what he will face in the meantime. All we know... is that his name is Shywell."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This RP season will be light fare, nothing too showy, and it will mostly be a storyline to be followed rather than told (although the things that you guys do given the information will of course influence the way the story turns out). I will let you guys know when the season officially starts.

I'm trying to convince Matt to do a bit of modding to make this extra special, so if you see him, feel free to pester him about it. It might just help!
Last edited by Olothontor on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:24 am

This looks intriguing, and I'd like to hear more about the mechanics of it.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Scottsman » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:47 pm

As would I.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby Olothontor » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:00 pm

The bulk of it is thus:

Every now and then, I'm going to download the server's map and place some more isles. This time, the loot chests may or may not contain journals. Once all of the journals are found and/or a certain amount of time has passed on the server (usually a week, maybe two) I'll go in and do it again.

Shywell's story will all be in the journals, so it's very light, like I said. Not much work on your part.

The trouble comes when more than one of you wants to know Shywell's story... after all, there'll only be one copy of each journal entry left behind. That's why you should either work in groups, or make sure you spread it around once you have it.

I won't mention anything of the extra special project Matt should be working on, mostly because I'm not even certain it's possible yet (and neither is he, I think).

I also can't really give you guys an ETA, because the way I introduce the story hinges partially on whether or not Matt can pull off the extra special-ness.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Olothontor » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Just thought you guys should know:

I've got a buddy of mine working on the "special something" to plug into Bukkit for the server. That's what's holding all of this up. Hang in there, folks! In the meantime, explore! The more space you give me to scatter isles, the more I'll use.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Olothontor » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Further update:

It seems that it would be easiest if the Bukkit plugin for this RP concept waited for 1.9.

That being said, I'm going to spend some time thinking up a new RP season to replace Shywell... and Shywell's story will have to wait to be told for another day.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby SnakeMittens » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 pm

I thought of something to replace Shywell: Shard fragment hunt. We already know where two of them are; one was used by the monk Sess to destroy Ironfall, and the other is being studied by knolli's Academika Magika.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby Olothontor » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:24 pm

SnakeMittens wrote:I thought of something to replace Shywell: Shard fragment hunt. We already know where two of them are; one was used by the monk Sess to destroy Ironfall, and the other is being studied by knolli's Academika Magika.

Not a bad idea.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby BFenix » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Olothontor wrote:
SnakeMittens wrote:I thought of something to replace Shywell: Shard fragment hunt. We already know where two of them are; one was used by the monk Sess to destroy Ironfall, and the other is being studied by knolli's Academika Magika.

Not a bad idea.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby mgb519 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:51 pm

BFenix wrote:
Olothontor wrote:

Not a bad idea.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby enders_shadow » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Not a Good Idea to Do This wrote:
BFenix wrote:
Olothontor wrote:

Not a bad idea.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby mgb519 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:49 pm

enders_shadow wrote:
Not a Good Idea to Do This wrote:
BFenix wrote:
Olothontor wrote:

Not a bad idea.

Ah, yes. The shards are too powerful to be handled safely. It caused Sess to cease to exist!
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:52 pm

So modify glass panes to explode... oor wait. Better idea.

The Fragments are protected by traps. Many traps.

Dungeon crawl time.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby mgb519 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Fragment chambers ought to be made of obsidian.
Tzan wrote:

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Olothontor » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:So modify glass panes to explode... oor wait. Better idea.

The Fragments are protected by traps. Many traps.

Dungeon crawl time.

You and I, mate. We'll make it happen.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Next

Return to blah blah minecraft