Brikcraft Adventure - Core Thread

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Brikcraft Adventure - Core Thread

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun May 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Incursion- The First of the Last: Adventure I - GM Ross_Varn

The sun setting in the east lit the calm seas with a blazing light, red tinted with orange, as the darkness began to creep over the land on the edge of the horizon. The schooner skimmed lightly over the water, it's bow cutting the seas of the Eastern Ocean like a knife. Loaded with supplies for the construction crew of Bastion Tower from the newly founded city of Hailstone, several miles east of Brikhalls, on the coast of the East, the skipper watched the horizon for the stark, sky tall pylon of the Guard's greatest project of the New World. It appeared, on the edge of his vision, marking the edge of the day and night, lights on it's peak illuminating the progress of the crew and guiding the schooner in.

And then it lit up with a blaze of light.

The skipper shielded his eyes as the Tower was encapsulated with a stark red beam in an instant, darting out from behind the construction, shimmering around the incomplete lines of the bare structure, bursting exposed floors of wood into flame. A yell went up from one of the crew, and there were faces on the schooner's deck, staring at the spectacle. A loud curse and a threat send them back to their posts, as the skipper urged the ship starboard, towards the land still hundreds of blocks out from the flickering seaborne platform, trying to see what had struck the tower. Someone ducked into the cabin, bringing up the small armory's contents. Blades strapped to belts, helmets pulled down over faces, and the Tower burned, still cocooned in energy. The skipper brought a seaglass to his eye, skipping across the sea, searching for the enemy, and lit upon them.

A darkmetal hulled ship, with a low deck and outrigger sails, punching through the sea with a smokestack behind it. Mounted off the stern cabins, shining above the deck, a flash of silver-red caught the fading rays of the sun, as a huge crystal hovering in midair pumped out the arcane power found as the last of the Elder Shards.

The skipper lowered the glass as Bastion's glow doubled in intensity, shining forth as the sea lit up with an unhealthy pallor, illuminating the faces of the crewmembers as they pulled the ship into shape, ready to blaze towards the ironclad in the Order's defense. And Bastion shuddered, groaning, pieces trying to tear themselves from it's skeleton, yet held in place by the energy of the Red Shard-

And it rent the dusk with a pulse, a blaze, a noise, and collapsed inwards, to a single point, tearing a hole in the sea, in the sky. A veritable explosion followed. The sea and air rushed into the same hole, skipping, smashing, throwing themselves outwards again as it was filled, the iron ship turning to leave, light fading from the Shard. The skipper swung the bow of the ship about to face the oncoming wave, filling the sky before them, roaring with it as the crew scattered into the deck, holding on for dear life as they collided with Bastion's impulse, the sky filled with red.

+++++

The crew of the Hailstone Schooner Teardrop has witnessed the destruction of Bastion and has tracked the instigators to their origin point amid the Eastern Ocean, a fortified well in the sea few hundred klicks from the former site of the Tower. The skipper claims that the ship destroyed the Tower with the energy of an Elder Shard, making this the last of the tenets of the High Magic of the Fifth Age. He could not identify the wielders of the Shard, only that the ship was of an uncommon make to any of the factions of the New World. An open call has come upon Brikhaven for adventurers, warriors, and heroes, prepared to attack this dangerous enemy at their base before they can destroy the scattered elements of Brikhaven's factions one by one.

+++++

This is the first of what should prove to be many adventures set on our server. A number of my friends have expressed interest in playing, but I've neglected to let you guys know about my plans until now. This is a large-scale engagement to start us off, hopefully on the right foot. The infrastructure is going up now- Oloth, Matthew, and I will have it in shape in time to play Incursion on-

Saturday, June 2nd, 7 PM EST.

I did, however, want to put into place the core necessary for the execution of another Olothontor Idea- THE ADVENTURE SERVER, in which whoever wanted to could make a place for a short adventure in the server, draft a story segment and adventure announcement for this thread, post it, get the other GM's approval and help to gather a few adventurers to tackle it. As such! I think it's long past time to to make characters. Don't worry, they'll only be in mortal danger when there's a matter of a heroic death at stake.

Name - Ross_Varn
Character - Ross
Race - Human
Class - Duelist
Personality - Ross is an easygoing rogue, one who takes kindly to strangers, but has a habit of starting things. He's known in Brikhaven for being a leader and friend.
Background - Ross has been with Brikhaven for a long period of time, starting the Bastion Guard and working to protect the lands from evil forces for a time and a half. He's usually up to his elbows in ink and scrolls, as he attempts to sort out old magic and arcane creatures from beyond.
Proficiency - (Two from the List of MCMMO Skills, which we're putting into place) Archery, Acrobatics.

Thanks, everyone. I'll be editing this later.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Re: Brikcraft Adventure - Core Thread

Postby knolli » Sun May 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Oh, and yet again I will miss an RPG session on Matt's server. I hope the day will come when I will be able to join in. Tell me if I can help with the preparations.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Zupponn » Sun May 27, 2012 4:42 pm

knolli wrote:Oh, and yet again I will miss an RPG session on Matt's server. I hope the day will come when I will be able to join in. Tell me if I can help with the preparations.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby SnakeMittens » Sun May 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Zupponn wrote:
knolli wrote:Oh, and yet again I will miss an RPG session on Matt's server. I hope the day will come when I will be able to join in. Tell me if I can help with the preparations.

This applies to me as well, but I'm free an hour or so after your given time.

Oh, while I'm at it:

Name: snakemittens
Character: Snake M. ( real name unknown )
Race: Demigod ( Human )
Class: Probably something like a Ranger.
Personality: Snake is a retired hero, and has taken the time to start his own township and raise a temple to Fyreuk.
Background: His ancestor was Baron Crotalus, who served under Rex Fenix, king of Ironfall. He works with the blocks that make up Brikhaven, raising new, more beautiful structures. He can often be found working on whatever project he's undertaken, covered in the dust of construction and excavation.
Proficiency: Swords, Archery
Last edited by SnakeMittens on Mon May 28, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SnakeMittens
Galidor

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun May 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Guess I should write something up:

Name: Robot_Monkey
Character: Alek (unable to remember anything else due to reanimation amnesia)
Race: Automaton (once human)
Class: not sure either, good with building, swords, and bow.
Personality: Alek was once a human, but after he died (he does not remember how) he was rebuilt into a steam-powered automaton by Dr. Thaddeus Quirke. Alek is constantly at work on some project or other, using this alone time to attempt to regain his memories. He is very hostile towards other races, especially enderborn. He views automatons as superior.
Proficiency: swords, long-range archery. (building, but it's not on the list)
Last edited by Robot Monkey on Tue May 29, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Zupponn » Mon May 28, 2012 2:04 am

Should I write something up too for possible future role-playing?

Name: Zupponn
Race: Human/God/False God
Class: Monk
Personality: Can be sort of quiet, but witty at times. Can be very impulsive too.
Background: Zupponn is part of the Trios, 3 god-like beings who's followers believe to be the gods of provision, creation, and destruction. They believe that these beings are the reason behind the destruction of the first and second worlds and their eventual rebirth.
Proficiency: Swords, Axes, Unarmed
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby knolli » Mon May 28, 2012 4:22 am

Name: Grumdin of the Knoll
Race: Dwarf
Class: Craftsman
Personality: Sort of quiet and often lost in thought. Can spend hours in the mine or planning the next building. Likes to be in charge of "his" projects, although he usually welcomes help and can be very generous to those who assist him. Also has a strong feeling for right and wrong and is willing to go far to punish those who did him wrong.
Background: Since the first world his former incarnations have beed ambitious architects. Once he learned that their soul resided within his body, he left Brikhalls and set out to prove himself worthy.
Proficiency: Miner, Smith (and Builder/Architect, but that's not on the list)

PS: Maybe I should list Unarmed instead of Repair. I don't dare to estimate how many hundreds of skeletons met their end by his fists in the XP-trap
Last edited by knolli on Tue May 29, 2012 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby RunsWithLegos » Tue May 29, 2012 12:32 am

Name: Ryer Run
Race: EndTouched Human
Class: Paladin
Personality: Tries to be happy, but due to his latent end aura he has a lot of rage and sorrow hardwired into him, he turns these Black emotions on the realm of the DRAGON and hates anything to do with the END with a passion, he quests to find a way to purge the world of the filth that is the END
Background: Ryer is part of the Trios, 3 god-like beings who's followers believe to be the gods of provision, creation, and destruction. They believe that these beings are the reason behind the destruction of the first and second worlds and their eventual rebirth. His grandfather Xathrix the Tainted brought the faith to the past worlds and served under the banner of IronFall, during the cataclysmic events that shattered the original world Xathrix was thrown into the end. he was tainted by it though he held onto the Three with a deathgrip. he broke out 50 years ago, and by accident brought the DRAGONS attention to this world.
Proficiency: Swords, Bows, Buckets
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Ex-Lep » Tue May 29, 2012 1:18 am

well, this is new since the last time I've been on like Bonn-o-Tron. righto.
Name: Leprechaun
Race: Human
Class:....craftsman. sure.
Personality: ADD oddball. will build stuff and help others build stuff, but quite likely will get a different idea and wander off to build that. enjoys running deserted bars and mucking about undergound.
Background: a result of his habit of lava-suicide, he keeps waking up in new worlds, with fractions of memories from past lives drifting about, from a military engineer to a duke. beyond these half-glimpsed memories, he remembers nothing. doesn't really care for the past, just build for the present.
Proficiency: Woodcutting.....acrobatics......herbalism? good god, how are these my highest stats. (also map building. i do that.)
We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.
Ex-Lep
Cannon Fodder

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 29, 2012 1:49 am

Oh, are we actually supposed to be putting down our actual top stats, or what would make sense with our class choice?
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby RunsWithLegos » Tue May 29, 2012 2:09 am

i did the latter
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 29, 2012 2:51 pm

As did I.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue May 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Apparently Snakemittens and Robot Monkey are griefing newcomers- please explain that guys, I'd really like to hear your excuses- and we have gods as characters? I'm confused, guys, because neither of those things are going to fly. What's going on like Bonn-o-Tron.

As for the Adventure, if you haven't alienated my friends by that point, I'm potentially rescheduling for Saturday, June 2nd. Would that let more of you guys get on?
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Tue May 29, 2012 3:48 pm

I could easily change mine to just be Human. If you can find my character's backstory, then that would explain why I put down what I did.

Also, Saturday would be better for me, but I can make no guarantees at this point.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby knolli » Tue May 29, 2012 4:01 pm

I will be gone to offline world for the whole weekend. Have fun!

PS: Yes, that's an order!
knolli
Dimmy

Next

Return to blah blah minecraft