Ban the world

One man, one vote

Moderator: Butthurt

Ban the world

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:30 am

DAMNIT MIKE!

Why can I not ban groups?

There is this lovely group called "registered members" that I could ban for 24 hours.

Surely, those 24 hours multiplied by 2000 odd members should be all the man hours you need as forum sacrifice to finish the rulebook!

Plus I could start a whole new regimen of bans, I call it "nooblets law"

The application is thus, I take all the members of the forum with a noob banner and put them all on one group, and they are bound by law (my law) to stop posting spammy shit and posting to each other, if one crosses the line - all get banned for 24 hours. Surely through group fear, all will learn to improve. Or die.

Nooblets law, forum evolution at work.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Re: Scythe's Epic Story of Randomness

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:28 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:DAMNIT MIKE!

Why can I not ban groups?

There is this lovely group called "registered members" that I could ban for 24 hours.

Surely, those 24 hours multiplied by 2000 odd members should be all the man hours you need as forum sacrifice to finish the rulebook!

Plus I could start a whole new regimen of bans, I call it "nooblets law"

The application is thus, I take all the members of the forum with a noob banner and put them all on one group, and they are bound by law (my law) to stop posting spammy shit and posting to each other, if one crosses the line - all get banned for 24 hours. Surely through group fear, all will learn to improve. Or die.

Nooblets law, forum evolution at work.

If you did that, I'd have to knock a few posters out offline. And frankly, I'd like to continue browsing brikwars without the threat of police.
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby stubby » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:43 am

Can you edit group permissions? I'm thinking of the ones like "Allowed to post messages" and "Allowed to read posts."

I have often thought about making a special group that's only allowed to post in the North Korea forum and nowhere else.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:49 am

stubby wrote:Can you edit group permissions? I'm thinking of the ones like "Allowed to post messages" and "Allowed to read posts."

I have often thought about making a special group that's only allowed to post in the North Korea forum and nowhere else.

Your last upgrade gave the ability to create and edit groups, which are the time I wanted for something similar to these purposes, I can't remember what it was now.

I can take away group abilities to send and receive private messages, but not posting permissions to read or post on the main forums. While that would be a start, it doesn't give a ban message to the nooblets in question. I tested these theories on the dimmies and the bots groups. Nothing to report I'm afraid.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Return to Administration