your first metal song

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: BFenix, Apollyon

Re: your first metal song

Postby Bragallot » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:29 am

Sepultura for me, Chaos AD and other songs off that record like Biotech is Godzilla. My dad used to say 'they can play very loud and fast and still not sound like crap, and that's why they're so good'. It's one of the most important lessons he's taught me. I used to go crazy and run around the house whenever my dad was listening to Sepultura. They taught me metal was cool and it all kinda went from there (though I have to admit I started out 'soft' by listening to Linkin Park when I started buying my own albums). I also picked up on some Paradise Lost because of my sister who was quite heavily into Gothic stuff at some point, though it took me until I saw them live for the first time at Graspop to remember how much I liked that band and that I had a live DVD of them just lying around, lol. Later Ther-apy? became my favourite band.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby stubby » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:16 am

That story makes me want to have kids and take part in passing down the heritage of metal. And also listen to Sepultura all day at work.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby BFenix » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Bravo, Brag's dad. Bravo. :tiger:
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby motorhead fan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:27 am

after remembering my past, i realized that i have always liked motorhead, my Dad used to play it all the time when i was really young, now i do instead!
motorhead fan
Galidor

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:54 am

It took me a while to think about this one, but after a couple of weeks I have come to the eventual realization that my first true initiation to metal was from the command and conquer soundtrack, but my most fondest early "metal" song was from command and conquer red alert.

C&C: Red Alert 1 Intro: http://youtu.be/_R6xCWcf_VU

Damn you Frank Keplacki, damn you to Hades.

For many years my intro to metal was slow, mostly in the form of more video game soundtracks until I discovered Linkin park, system of a down, then machine Head, atreyu, tool, korn, slipknot, skindred (whom I have seen three times now) and then moving onto Coheed and Cambria. Which I know isn't metal but fuck you its my favorite band, and has been for a decade now.

In recent times I have strayed between metal and other genres but the metal still remains the core of my musical taste, if only for video game soundtracks.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:39 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:It took me a while to think about this one, but after a couple of weeks I have come to the eventual realization that my first true initiation to metal was from the command and conquer soundtrack, but my most fondest early "metal" song was from command and conquer red alert.

C&C: Red Alert 1 Intro: http://youtu.be/_R6xCWcf_VU

Damn you Frank Keplacki, damn you to Hades.

For many years my intro to metal was slow, mostly in the form of more video game soundtracks until I discovered Linkin park, system of a down, then machine Head, atreyu, tool, korn, slipknot, skindred (whom I have seen three times now) and then moving onto Coheed and Cambria. Which I know isn't metal but fuck you its my favorite band, and has been for a decade now.

In recent times I have strayed between metal and other genres but the metal still remains the core of my musical taste, if only for video game soundtracks.

Hell March is the best C&C song
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Alex » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:09 pm

The first metal album that I bought was Metallica's black album. Another one of the first metal bands that I listened to was Rammstein. One metal song that made a big impression on me when I first started listening to metal was Iron Maiden's 2 Minutes to Midnight. This is still one of my all time favorite metal songs.
Alex
Dimmy

Postby BFenix » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Alex wrote:The first metal album that I bought was Metallica's black album. Another one of the first metal bands that I listened to was Rammstein. One metal song that made a big impression on me when I first started listening to metal was Iron Maiden's 2 Minutes to Midnight. This is still one of my all time favorite metal songs.

Maiden is always a revelation, not just in Metal, but overall music-wise. Not to mention that it was probably the first band that I really, really felt the strength of the lyrics and the message being played. Had the chance of seeing them last year for the first time live, actually. Exactly as I expected. :666:
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Vami IV » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:13 pm

Enter Sandman - Metallica
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
My Little Pony

Previous

Return to The Metal