Getting Colette into metal

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

Getting Colette into metal

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:01 pm

We need to convert Colette.
So I have a basic plan, I think we should first introduce him to softer rock and gradually move up to metal, but often choosing progressive rock and moving to more traditional metal, and also metal with classical influence. Something like this:
-Bread
-Eagles
-King Krimson
-Pink Floyd
-Queen
-Kansas
-KISS
-Ozzy Osbourne (Rhoads era)
-Racer X and Malsteem
-Fates Warning
-Watchtower
-Manowar

Thoughts?
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: Getting Colette into metal

Postby Zupponn » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:10 pm

You're trying too hard Sam.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Silverdream » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Like, none of these are metal. Most of those would be defined as rock, with maybe one or two metal songs on their b-sides.

What first got me hooked on metal was Iron Maiden. Turisas also made me really appreciate and get back into metal later on like Bonn-o-Tron.

The only reason Colette would listen to metal is to increase his studying efficiency. I remember reading that techno and metal are supposed to help the brain hold in information, but Colette isn't likely to care.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:26 pm

I got into metal because of Rammstein. Then my old roommate was really into metal, so I started to get even more into it.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:57 pm

Silverdream wrote:Like, none of these are metal. Most of those would be defined as rock, with maybe one or two metal songs on their b-sides.

What first got me hooked on metal was Iron Maiden. Turisas also made me really appreciate and get back into metal later on like Bonn-o-Tron.

The only reason Colette would listen to metal is to increase his studying efficiency. I remember reading that techno and metal are supposed to help the brain hold in information, but Colette isn't likely to care.

I know the earlier ones aren't metal. That isn't the point. The point is jumping head on into metal can be tough, I would know because it was hard for me to hear anything in some metal songs, like say something from "KILL EM' ALL" until I listened to "DESTROYER" by KISS, you have to adjust yourself slowly.
Zupponn wrote:You're trying too hard Sam.

Why would you deprive someone of metal?
Zupponn wrote:I got into metal because of Rammstein. Then my old roommate was really into metal, so I started to get even more into it.

I can't say for sure what my first metal album was, but I think it was "Caught in Time" by Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden seems to be most people's introduction to metal.
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby BFenix » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Colette, from what we've seen, isn't really in favor of the Metal Deities. Anyway, we should convert him, if he wants to. Why isn't he stating that for himself?
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby KhaoTiK » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Silverdream wrote:Like, none of these are metal. Most of those would be defined as rock, with maybe one or two metal songs on their b-sides.

Well, is Sams defense, Ozzy could be metal.
KhaoTiK
Champion

Return to The Metal