The Bragging Thread

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: BFenix, Apollyon

Postby Warhead » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:46 am

:D Just saying.

My older sister got me to do something like this with an old one pence when I was still a toddler and didn't know any better. My mum still has the coin, it has a large semicircular chunk burned out of it with the remains of the metal fused around the edges. It's pretty cool. Apparently I survived. A few years later my sister had an accident with a dart through her hand. It was very strange because I had been telling her to move her hand just seconds before.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Tuefish » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Warhead wrote:Image

I once cut the electrical cord of a floor lamp with a pair of plastic-coated safety-scissors, the lamp was on like Bonn-o-Tron. This was the second time in my 5-year existence that I almost burned my house down.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds
TROLOLO
Tuefish
Dimmy

Postby Rody » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:53 pm

pshh, you americans have it easy, your mains electricity is only around 100-120 volts, ours is twice that.
and apparently when installing a new light fixture I realised I had forgot to switch of the power just as I was ready to screw in the lightbulb.
still wonder how the hell I didn't get shocked as there definitely was a point where I came in contact with the bare electrical wires.
Last edited by Rody on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Tzan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:55 pm

On Thanksgiving day I was at a relative's house. They had a small kid, like 2-3 years old. He had a metal tablespoon measuring thing, it had a thin metal handle. He was holding the cup end and poking the wall with the handle end. This was about 2 inches away from an outlet. He wasn't actively trying to get it into the outlet.

I was about to spring into action, but then he found something else to do. Making bomb vests or something.

It was funny because the entire house had safety covers on the outlets. The one he was poking near had one outlet covered and the other not. It was located on a wall just behind the chair his father was sitting in, oblivious to what was going on behind him.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:49 am

Kids are like that. You can safetyfy the whole place and the little bugger will just home in on the only weak spot and try to get himself kerspaltted.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Tuefish » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Oh yeah, as a child I was an expert in finding unexpected hazards.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds
TROLOLO
Tuefish
Dimmy

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:40 pm

We can't get A+'s at my school, only A's.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:27 am

As kids we would try to find shells on the beach. Unexploded ones.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 pm

I found a dried dogfish head on the beach once. The surface felt like plastic.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Tzan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:55 pm

I found a nice spoon on the beach when I was a teen. I still use it everyday for cereal. The surface feels just like metal.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:00 pm

I found a lego minifig- Remember Pepperoni?- washed up in the surf one day at the beach. Mine!

Pesgores prolly lost it last year at the beach. :lol: no damage to it, kinda surprising. That's what I call Aqua Raiders!
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:22 pm

almost two years ago (it was over spring break) I found a whole bag of lego stormtroopers in Cancun. They even had some clone-brand guns!
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Warhead » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:03 pm

I used to shoplift most of my sets when I was really young. Not much you could do with a £1 a week and I was too little to earn it, I wasn't allowed a paper round or stuff.

Anyway, I was really good at it. I must have stolen at least a third of all the Lego I own. I found I could misdirect people, it was easy. I recall picking up a one of those slid show picture things and saying really loud how great it was. Before long everyone was checking them out, even my friends. Nobody noticed but I swiped one of these...
And my mates hadn't even noticed until I showed them after we had left. That was one of the best hauls out the lot.

But, it couldn't last. I remember this vividly. I was susing out the situation waiting for the coast to clear and had just managed to slide a couple of boxes of Deadly Spacemen sets into my pockets when a shop assistant rounded the corner and saw me. I legged it as she yelled. I saw the security guy at the front of the store and headed for the back. Jinking in and out of startled shoppers but the shop staff were right behind me. I tumbled over a display, crashed through the swing doors picked myself up and was just about to pore on the speed when one of the security staff dived for me and grabbed me by the leg. I fell and kicked the doors shut on his face but he wouldn't let go. I could see more shop people running up to the door as the security guy was tugging and pulling my leg, just like I'm pulling yours right now! (Har!)
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Arkbrik » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:17 pm

When I was five I stole a 2x6 yellow brick from my kindergarten. For real. The pangs of guilt stopped a few years ago, thankfully.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Warhead wrote:I used to shoplift most of my sets when I was really young. Not much you could do with a £1 a week and I was too little to earn it, I wasn't allowed a paper round or stuff.

Anyway, I was really good at it. I must have stolen at least a third of all the Lego I own. I found I could misdirect people, it was easy. I recall picking up a one of those slid show picture things and saying really loud how great it was. Before long everyone was checking them out, even my friends. Nobody noticed but I swiped one of these...
And my mates hadn't even noticed until I showed them after we had left. That was one of the best hauls out the lot.

But, it couldn't last. I remember this vividly. I was susing out the situation waiting for the coast to clear and had just managed to slide a couple of boxes of Deadly Spacemen sets into my pockets when a shop assistant rounded the corner and saw me. I legged it as she yelled. I saw the security guy at the front of the store and headed for the back. Jinking in and out of startled shoppers but the shop staff were right behind me. I tumbled over a display, crashed through the swing doors picked myself up and was just about to pore on the speed when one of the security staff dived for me and grabbed me by the leg. I fell and kicked the doors shut on his face but he wouldn't let go. I could see more shop people running up to the door as the security guy was tugging and pulling my leg, just like I'm pulling yours right now! (Har!)

*raises eyebrow* did you really expect anyone to take that seriously?

I don't think I've ever nicked any lego- or heck, anything- that I can remember from anyone. Except from my brother. That doesn't count.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to The Metal