MANLY TALES - GETTING DOWN WITH YOUR BADASS.

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Cpt. Zipps wrote: In The Netherlands, if it's legal, I wouldn't think people would really care as much.

Yes indeed we care a lot less then you Americans. People in America tend to seem more hysterical about most topics though.

Our government has semi-legalized it. We have a tolerance policy but it isn't fully legal yet the plus side on that is that there are no taxes on it. All our neighboring countries are not really happy with it though so the government doesn't wan't to fully legalize it because it would hurt there image or some crap like that.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby Rody » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:35 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
Cpt. Zipps wrote: In The Netherlands, if it's legal, I wouldn't think people would really care as much.

Yes indeed we care a lot less then you Americans. People in America tend to seem more hysterical about most topics though.

Our government has semi-legalized it. We have a tolerance policy but it isn't fully legal yet the plus side on that is that there are no taxes on it. All our neighboring countries are not really happy with it though so the government doesn't wan't to fully legalize it because it would hurt there image or some crap like that.


I think more nations should use this form of policy (though as a set of laws it a demented self-denying monstrosity)
If only because it for a large part keeps it out of criminality and into government control, and makes the subject more easily discussable.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Postby Silverdream » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:17 pm

I demand more entertainment!
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7320
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Postby SnakeMittens » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Ok, a friend told the following story to me:
My Memory of the Story wrote:There was a guy who got attacked by a bear. While the bear was hugging him, he bit the bear's jugular vein. He held on with his teeth until the bear passed out, then got away.

Getting the bear's head to mount on your wall would probably be more manly, but biting a bear until it passes out is pretty badass.
User avatar
SnakeMittens
Galidor
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Somewhere.

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Not true IMO. As my memory recalls the jugular vein is actually pretty deep in the flesh of the neck. Bears also have pretty thick skin and even if you managed to bite the jugular vein, the 7 seconds it would take for the bear to pass out is well enough for the bear to kills you multiple times.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby mgb519 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.


That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
User avatar
mgb519
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2521
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Postby Bragallot » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:33 am

:trap:
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Headbanging with limited head space

Postby Tzan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:51 am

My badass tale happened today while I was out for a walk around the block.

I took a walk around the block. It was a really nice day.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4814
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Postby Bragallot » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Considering you're most likely 203 or older, I think it applies as a metal tale.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Headbanging with limited head space

Postby mgb519 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 pm

I went 5 miles in 45 minutes recently.
Also, it was 80 something degrees, and I was wearing jeans and a 50+ pound backpack.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.


That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
User avatar
mgb519
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2521
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Postby thade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:02 am

Not sure if this qualifies as metal, but here goes:

My older cousin (He's about 18 or 19, I'm 14) is really into martial arts, and one day we were practicing judo throws/holds/whatever. He shows me this one that's fairly basic, where you grab the guy's arm mid-punch, and flip him, and we practice it a lot.
Now, my cousin is a pretty tall kid, and fairly strong. So, flash forward about a month. We're goofing off somewhere in the woods, I don't remember where. Anyway, for some reason, he tries to punch me, and I flip him over with the same move he tought me, then, before I can think, I have my knee square on his chest so he's pinned.
And the best part is that, with a smug look on my face, I said "The student has become the master." He just laughed and high fived me.

Hopefully my tale is metal enough for you.
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Pwnerade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:28 am

thade wrote:Not sure if this qualifies as metal, but here goes:

My older cousin (He's about 18 or 19, I'm 14) is really into martial arts, and one day we were practicing judo throws/holds/whatever. He shows me this one that's fairly basic, where you grab the guy's arm mid-punch, and flip him, and we practice it a lot.
Now, my cousin is a pretty tall kid, and fairly strong. So, flash forward about a month. We're goofing off somewhere in the woods, I don't remember where. Anyway, for some reason, he tries to punch me, and I flip him over with the same move he tought me, then, before I can think, I have my knee square on his chest so he's pinned.
And the best part is that, with a smug look on my face, I said "The student has become the master." He just laughed and high fived me.

Hopefully my tale is metal enough for you.
:666:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
User avatar
Pwnerade
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:18 am
Location: Kent, WA

Postby Keldoclock » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:42 am

:godwin:
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Postby Pwnerade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:39 am

Why do people keep using :godwin: for no fucking reason?
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
User avatar
Pwnerade
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:18 am
Location: Kent, WA

Postby Bragallot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:06 am

It's probably preferable over anything they would say.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Headbanging with limited head space

PreviousNext

Return to The Metal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests