Shooting stuff

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

Postby mgb519 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:46 am

Nitewatchman wrote:Just got back from Wisconsin/Illinois, and when I was in Wisconsin I was at my Uncle Bob's cabin on the lake. He let me sample his .22 and .17 arsenal, which consisted of the exact same .22 rifle I have, and several handguns. The .17 was a pretty interesting gun, as the bullets are basically .22 magnum shells with .17 slugs in them.

I only did target shooting, and because Uncle Bob has neighbors, I couldn't shoot the big stuff, but it was fun. My favorite was his Taurus 9-shot revolver. It was the most accurate, in my opinion.

I challenged my mother to a target shooting competition, and...she....won. This doesn't decrease my manliness, though, because my mother was on the Nation Guard rifle team for a year or two after high school. Uncle Bob calls her "Deadeye" Snyder.

Nope, that's beside the point. Manliness isn't subject to petty "reason," is it?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Skyian Leader » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:56 am

Robot Monkey wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I live in Canada. :cry: I'll never get to fire thompsons and AK-47s like you Americans get to every day.

Aw man, I live in Michigan and the fact that I am so close to Canada mean there culture influences us to some degree and I'll never get to fire thompsons and AK-47s like you true Americans get to every day.

Edit: But in the Upper Peninsula us Yooper's can go skeeter shooting! With live skeeters! (mosquitoes)

http://www.usaring.com/yooper/yooper.htm
Skyian Leader
Minifig

Postby Keldoclock » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:33 pm

I haven't shot anything in America, prob. due to me living in NY and all. I'll apply for a license the day I become of age, but chances are I won't get it unless I'm employed as a security guard or some other position where there's a good reason for me to have a gun.

I did get to shoot Grandpappy's Mosin when in Ukraine a few times. That was quite a time ago, I was probably 7-8 at the time, seeing as cancer got Gramps when I was 8.

Poor Kvas bottles, you never stood a chance.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby ikensall » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Sometimes I shoot the woodpigeons in our back garden, they cook up really nice as well.
My forum battle; The Tea Party of Doom - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9932&p=237262#p237262
My builds; viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11297

ikensall wrote:Come and join the fascinating silence in mibbit!
ikensall
Dimmy

Postby stubby » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:11 pm

For several years, I used to have one of my apartments next door to the machine gun rental shop in Vegas. "Anyone, from any country, is welcome to shoot on our range." No matter where you're from, you can always take a Vegas vacation and fire all the machine guns you want.

Also, new smiley. :haha:
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Robot Monkey » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Yay! I (sort of) influenced a new smiley!

:haha:
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:Yay! I influenced a new smiley!

:haha:

fix'd

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Nitewatchman wrote:Just got back from Wisconsin/Illinois, and when I was in Wisconsin I was at my Uncle Bob's cabin on the lake. He let me sample his .22 and .17 arsenal, which consisted of the exact same .22 rifle I have, and several handguns. The .17 was a pretty interesting gun, as the bullets are basically .22 magnum shells with .17 slugs in them.

This is one of the reasons why I love Wisconsin. :D
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Previous

Return to The Metal