Badass/Interesting Family Members

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: BFenix, Apollyon

Postby Ham701 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:23 pm

My father once divorced my mother and made her go batshit insane. True story.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby 501stCadians » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Ham701 wrote:My father once divorced my mother and made her go batshit insane. True story.

:wtc:
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby Ham701 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:29 pm

501stCadians wrote:
Ham701 wrote:My father once divorced my mother and made her go batshit insane. True story.

:wtc:

I think it's pretty badass/interesting.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby aoffan23 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:06 am

My mother's mother was chosen as the Ontario representative for Miss Supercontinental (I think that's what it was called). Sometime in the 50's, Canada got a new train and took it along the Trans-Canada railway. They also chose a representative - A.K.A. a good-looking woman - from each province to go along with it and go across Canada.

Neither of my grandfathers were in any war, as far as I know, but they were both amazing handymen and would fix anything in no time.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Ham701 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:27 am

My son is to partake in WW4 in the 44th stones brigade.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Pwnerade » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:04 am

Oh, and I'm related to founding father Roger Sherman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Sherman
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:23 am

My father worked for Albert Spear with out knowing it. He found out later and then laughed his ass of at how weird it was that he shook a mans hand s we had shaken H-itlers hand. He had to make small models of buildings for him.

That and my grandfather was a professor and survived WWII as a Jew.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Robot Monkey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:57 am

I am descended from the guy who invented the Tommy Gun.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Ex-Lep » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:15 am

my great grandfather was working on an (aircraft carriar?i can't remember, i only heard the story once a long time ago, it was some warship) when it was kamikazied. the (captian?) was unconscious/dead, so William Penn McCarty (great grandfather) took control, he ended up saving the crew/boat. he got a silver star and went on to be rear admiral.

EDIT: o wow...apparently its on the internet. the louisville was a "light cruiser" and the CO was incapacitated for duty"
http://militarytimes.com/citations-meda ... ntid=56058
We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.
Ex-Lep
Cannon Fodder

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:51 pm

One of the guys who invented Superman is my distant cousin.

But the real Bad-ass: My grandfather. He came home to find his family taken away by the Nazis, got put in a work camp on his 16th birthday, got out, fought with the Russians as a partisan and lived in the woods for 3 years.At this point he knew0 4 languages and the Russians asked him to be a spy (He turned them down He got shot 4 times, once through the knee. They were going to amputate his leg but he said "Eff that" and he recovered. After the war he lived in West Germany and but went over the Berlin Wall. TWICE. Once to rescue people and the second time in his words "To deal with people" (He and a friend tracked down the Piltogg's that killed their families. After that he came to Canada using a dead guy\s papers, got a job in a slaughterhouse and eventually owned a farm. Since then he has had 3 heart attacks, 3 children and quit smoking just by saying "Screw this, smoking is for tools"
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

Postby mgb519 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Cpt. Zipps wrote:One of the guys who invented Superman is my distant cousin.

But the real Bad-ass: My grandfather. He came home to find his family taken away by the Nazis, got put in a work camp on his 16th birthday, got out, fought with the Russians as a partisan and lived in the woods for 3 years.At this point he knew0 4 languages and the Russians asked him to be a spy (He turned them down He got shot 4 times, once through the knee. They were going to amputate his leg but he said "Eff that" and he recovered. After the war he lived in West Germany and but went over the Berlin Wall. TWICE. Once to rescue people and the second time in his words "To deal with people" (He and a friend tracked down the Piltogg's that killed their families. After that he came to Canada using a dead guy\s papers, got a job in a slaughterhouse and eventually owned a farm. Since then he has had 3 heart attacks, 3 children and quit smoking just by saying "Screw this, smoking is for tools"

:omnom:...
Image :?:
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Nitewatchman » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:47 pm

I never knew my dad's father, but all I've ever heard him reffered to as is "Cap'n Snyder." I don't know his first name.

This man was in the Navy for some length of time, and after his time in the armed forces, he became a tugboat captain on Lake Michigan. I've only heard a few stories, but they're enough proof that he was a totally awesome sailor-man.

My favorite is the one my Uncle Bob told me about when he got back from being all in the Navy during the Korean War. He gets off his boat, and the firs thing he gets is a phone call from Cap'n Snyder.

"Hey, Bob, I need you on the boat. Get up to Lake Michigan. I just threw the First Mate overboard."

There are more stories, but I think this little one speaks volumes.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Postby Pwnerade » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:20 pm

Nitewatchman wrote:"Hey, Bob, I need you on the boat. Get up to Lake Michigan. I just threw the First Mate overboard."

:owned: :lol:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby Nitewatchman » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:23 pm

Pwnerade wrote:
Nitewatchman wrote:"Hey, Bob, I need you on the boat. Get up to Lake Michigan. I just threw the First Mate overboard."

:owned: :lol:

Another a family friend told me started with him banging some chick in his bunk on the boat. Cap'n Snyder comes in piss-drunk with a case of warm beer and just sits down next to them and stares for a few minutes. Dann-O just kinda stopped humping and sat there for a bit staring back until Cap'n Snyder said, "So, Dann-O, you gonna drink these with me or what?"

Dann-O then proceeded to drink half a case of warm beer with my grandfather, while a naked woman lay awkwardly in his bed, really confused but smart enough to stay still.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Postby bigbigdogbig » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:22 am

great uncle steve: lives 10 miles away from bridgeport in a man-camp, with taxidermy on the walls.

great great great great great great grandfather Richard Foxwell (dead): came over with the first colonists. My family still has his land.
I hate weddings. Old people would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped when I started going up to them at funerals and poking them, saying, "You're next"
TROLOLO
bigbigdogbig
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to The Metal