The Battle of the Pink Flowers

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu, Zupponn

The Battle of the Pink Flowers

Postby Dr. X » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:01 am

This is certainly not my first Brikwar (more like the 30th), but here's my first battle reported on this bloody forum.

The Battle of the Pink Flowers, Day 1: Setup

This battle was organized by my little brother, and takes place in his base. Me, him, and his friend are the 3 players, no teams. Each of us has one side of the battlefield as our base. I got the right side, my brother the middle, and his friend the left.

He lent a bunch of space on the table to me so I could build some fortifications. Instead, I made a field of pink flowers, which everyone knows is so much more awesome than puny fortifications. Duh. Then I sent in my green and brown squadrons and a few other vehicles. My bro said we could each have 2 snipers, 3 officers, 2 heroes, no medics, and a max of 22 figs in all. My heroes are the guy with the indian thing and the guy in the speeder's driver seat. I just chose one sniper; the guy in the speeder's right seat. I got an extra officer, so my officers are the Brown Squad Leader (in the field of flowers), Green Squad Leader (in the truck's passenger seat), Brown Squad baseball bat guy (on top of the truck), and the old Indiana Jones guy with a bloody baseball bat in a motorcycle sidecar.

More pics of my side of the battlefield:

This is my brother's side, the middle. As you can see, he got the giant troll set. Behind it are his fortifications and figs. I'm not going to bother pointing out all the individual ranks of minifigs here, you just need to know they're his. He's stills setting up, and he'll be bringing in more figs.

This is my brother's TTT (Tall Tank Thing). Not much to say.

This is my brother's friend's side. The open-topped building is a store or something. He's still setting up too, with more fortifications and figs to come.

This concludes Day 1. We started setup late in the day, and will commence the battle tomorrow.
Last edited by Dr. X on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Tarren » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:02 am

Ahh, I saw this on flikr.
Perhaps it would be better to just give us the damn flikr link instead of phailing with pictures?
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby Dr. X » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:05 am

Pictures edited. Sorry.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Theblackdog » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:19 am

It does look like it will be interesting once you set up the pictures of the actual battle.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Moronstudios » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:14 am

Save the flowers. This smells of epic.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby pesgores » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:32 am

Oh yeah! Hurry up with the battle: this looks promising :D
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:16 am

Nice pictures. Is that also the M1 Garand that your Green Squad guys are holding?
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Tarren » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:01 am

It's already up on Flikr ;)
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby pesgores » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:17 am

The whole battle?
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Tarren » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:41 am

Day 2 is, they haven't had the third part.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby ahp77 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:44 am

pesgores wrote:The whole battle?

POPE GET 1000 POSTS! OOG HAPPY!
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Dr. X » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 pm

The Battle of the Pink Flowers, Day 2: The carnage begins

On day 2 (saturday), unfortunately we were all doing other stuff until like 8:00 at night. And my brother was hyperactive and his attention span was short. Nevertheless, we got in at least some death and explosions, until neither he nor any of his friends could do anything but giggle and poke each other and drop stools on Lego boxes. Also, another one of his friends decided to join, so I let him make 15 minifigs from my minifig box and he could para-drop them anywhere he wanted. He chose right on front of my advancing army.

Now for some pics.

My brother's first friend (left side) went first. Here you can see that his sniper managed to kill my brother's troll kart driver. Since the big troll had no meat to guide him, he now moves 2d6 inches in a random direction every turn, punching anything he comes into contact with.

On my brother's turn, he quickly snipes one of his friend's troopers, hitting the carotid artery. The trooper's own orc, not known for his politeness, chows down on the still living trooper.

My brother's hideous and randomly-colored forces manage to headshot an innocent child.

One of my brother's blue squadron people fell from atop the TTT, after rolling a critical failure. Death was immediate.

It is now my brother's second friend's turn. His snipers were so extremely stupid, that the first one dropped his gun and stubbed his toe, then his leg fell off and he started bleeding to death, then his other sniper rolled a 1 and shot the already half-dead first sniper.

Finally, it's my turn. I proceed to massacre my brother's second friend's bothersome force, as seen in the above picture.

My brother's second friend's forces are now beginning to regret their decision to start directly in front of my force. After my turn is over, only a third of his troops are left in one piece.

So ends Day 2, which was basically only one round. More pics are coming as soon as it starts up again.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Dr. X » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:58 pm

The Battle of The Pink Flowers, Day 3: Moar Gore

Today we fought another round, beginning, as always, with my brother's first friend (Billiam). My brother's other friend (Lawrence) was absent, so we decided not to kill too many of his people, at the insistence of my brother.

Billiam's turn:

One of Billiam's troops thought it might be wise to fire a giant laser cannon at the rampaging troll. After hitting but not killing it, the the troll got extremely mad and smashed through all of his fortifications and pounded the cannon to dust, then fainting for 1d6 (2) turns from too much input to the brain.

Billiam's troopers proceeded to poke him tentatively with spears and sharp things, hoping to score a useful kill. Nothing did any damage so far, due to Billiam's unlucky rolls.

One of Billiam's snipers scores a lucky hit, killing my brother's grenadier and an innocent topless catwoman in one shot.

With Billiam's last two minifigs, he launches a shuttle with one trooper on it and unloads him behind the now-immobile troll kart. He tries to fire but fails (he forgot to press the trigger).

My Brother's Turn:

My brother's turn passes without much gore happening. He kills the shuttle trooper with a mounted turret, fails at some things, and then unloads some of his troops from on top of his TTT. Above we can see him pointing out the significance of a trooper's gyro rifle.

Somehow the troll kart's dead driver got to the complete other side of the battlefield.

My Turn:

One of my officers jumps off the truck and whacks one of Lawrence's trooper's heads so hard it flies off.

My motorcycle with the old Indiana Jones in it drives over to one side of my brother's fortifications, then abruptly brakes (accidentally). 75-year-old Indiana Jones goes flying, hits his head, and then his leg flies off, hitting an old grenade which then blew up right under the motorcycle and blew it to bits.

All of which landed in the lake, which then caught fire.

Not shown in any of the pics is when I used a stupendous feat to make my Crazy Bob hero jump into a car, hotwire it to go 400 miles per hour and zoom across the battlefield, then abruptly stop about 30 feet from one of my brother's troops. He hero flies off at high speed (I quickly turned on some matrix music at this point), legs outstretched, and kicks the head off of the trooper, blood splurting everywhere, then he drops a dynamite and ducks behind a wall.

To end my turn (and the round), I moved the bulk of my forces out of the pink field of flowers, leaving behind Lawrence's shattered forces.

The giant dice in that picture is mine (we each have one). I use it for intimidation purposes.

And so ends day 3. It seems so far we haven't been able to get in more than a round a day.

More updates to come.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Professor Ken » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:06 pm

Dr. X wrote:One of my officers jumps off the truck and whacks one of Lawrence's trooper's heads so hard it flies off.

Oh, yeah, I've done that a few times before... hmmhmmhmmm. Always worth a good laugh when you remove someone's head with a whip, and then hurl the head at another guy, killing them both all at once!
Were it that simple...
Professor Ken
Officer

Postby Dr. X » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:11 pm

Even more hilarious when you catch an enemy by his eye and hurl him around through a field of body parts and flowers. I forgot to mention that happened. Day 3 was so awesome that we all couldn't stop laughing hysterically.
Dr. X
Galidor

Next

Return to Reports From the Field