Brikwars battle coming soon!

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Tarren
Dimmy

Brikwars battle coming soon!

Post by Tarren » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:20 am

Jerbear and I have decided to stage a Brikwars battle shortly after Manly Santa Day. It will probably be a wasteland scourmage with plenty of coverage. Aside from our standerdized army (Mine RDTF, and his Piltogg clone troopers) I'll be sneaking in a few famous faces along the way to add to the carnage.
Suggestions? I'm thinking of using a five man fire squad, and on support a heavy machinegunner, a sniper, artillary, an APC (in my LDD models) and a medic.
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:58 am

If the covers in the way a lot of the times, don't use the APC. That just defeats the purpose if the troops can maneuver better by themselves.

Throw in a couple motorcycles or something. Instead of the artillery cannon, give a couple of the people who would usually be manning that a mortar cannon each.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:03 am

Yeah, high powered single man vehicles like motorcycles or speeder bikes can wreak havoc. Add a repairman, and the vehicles keep on coming.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Tarren
Dimmy

Post by Tarren » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:18 pm

The Artiallry would be fine, I mean its not very big artillary, and the APC in question is this:

http://shop.lego.com/Product/Factory/Pr ... d7ad37984f

So I could kind of just park it and let the autocannon do the work....

http://shop.lego.com/Product/Factory/Pr ... 75749b5777

THAT, is the artillary, which only needs about two people.

What use would the troops be if they die on the way there while they're walking. I'd rather be in a giant truck with an autocannon.
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:26 pm

Well, I was just saying if the truck needs to maneuver around things it will take longer and it will also being a sitting duck. If your transport blows up with all of the troops inside, they will ALL die at once. That's all I was saying.

But it looks as if that APC is only 8 studs wide, which will most definitely fit through a lot. It's hard to make them that small and still look legit as a troop transport. My old one was 10 studs wide. The one that I have now is 14 studs wide, but it can hold probably 20 or so minifigs inside, all sitting comfortably.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:11 pm

My current trooper vehicle is twelve studs wide.
And if the battlefield is large enough, APCs are a necessity. Otherwise it takes forever just to get your troops into combat.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Theblackdog wrote:My current trooper vehicle is twelve studs wide.
And if the battlefield is large enough, APCs are a necessity. Otherwise it takes forever just to get your troops into combat.
Not if you actually use the sprint rules.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:10 pm

Or use open-topped trucks which cn e flippd over and blown up. Personally, Imake my battlefields small and claustraphobic, with lots of ramps, windows, and troops.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D