Heroic Failures

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

Postby Professor Ken » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Oh, boy, I have not had very good luck with heroic feats lately. In one small skirmish my Bull Knight Queen tried to rip off a plasma canister from a laser cannon to hurl at several soldiers nearby, but utterly failed, causing the cannon to tip over and fall on top of her, crushing her beneath its bulk.

Even worse in my last battle (a giant clone-brand extermination skirmish), my namesake hero, Professor Ken, attempted to remount a laser gun that had been knocked off of a hovertank but it exploded and blew him to pieces. It was my first turn, and he didn't even get to kill anybody... oh, well, we resurrected him anyways with the awesomeness of gaming and he went on to wreak havoc with an even bigger gun he cobbled together.
Were it that simple...
Professor Ken
Officer

Postby Arkbrik » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:18 pm

Recently my EvilShadowSpirit hero got attacked by some angry elves. He decided to do the killing the easy way by teleporting to their delicate-looking ballista crew. He failed. Only his armor was teleported, resulting in a puzzled ballista crew and (in the elf turn) a banished EvilShadowSpirit.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby DaCheez » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:57 pm

I once had my Neo hero unit try flying off of a building while shooting two enemy units with his dual-wielded SMGs. He rolled a catastrophic failure and someone accidentally knocked out his connection to the matrix, killing him instantly. It was devastating...
DaCheez
Nice Dubs

Postby Durandalski » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:34 am

Playing a battle with my sisters friend. She caught on to the nuances of the game fast. It ended badly for me when my hero attempted to lop off three enemies heads with one swipe, but missed and cut his legs off instead. :P
TROLOLO
Durandalski
Battlefield General

Postby unrealzombiekiller » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:21 am

i have a couple,here they are.
1:my rather large robot assassin hero tried to stomp on the group to make a small earthquake to flip over a tank to crush some trolls behind it...
instead his legs sank into the ground and then the tank crushed him
2:i had a spartan riding a motorcycle hero just like the one on the logo.
i wanted him to ride up a 90degree building get to the top of it,use a dead sniper body as a ramp then jump it to the next building,use the lazer turret on it to blow down a enemy helicopter.instead he went up the wall but fell off making the motorcycle run over him then it blew up some of my solders by him
TROLOLO
unrealzombiekiller
Demi-God of BrikWars

Postby Theblackdog » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:42 am

My hero seems to roll a 1 on his first stupendous feat in EVERY battle.
The first battle I played, my hero used a stupendous feat to jet-pack up to a jet fighter, land on it (it was moving at 36") and kill my brother's hero, who was riding on top of the fighter. He failed, and ended up in front of the plane, which knocked him off the edge of the battlefield.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thebl ... ited-1.jpg
My second heroic failure (much more mundane) was when I used a stupendous feat to give my hero a couple more inches of Move so he could get in range of a certain target. The jetpack flamed out and he fell several stories onto an unoccupied building below... ending up stuck halfway through a trapdoor in the building's upper story.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Rody » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:15 am

nice plane blackdog..
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby birdman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:18 am

unrealzombiekiller wrote:i had a spartan riding a motorcycle hero

Say that again?
birdman
Galidor

Postby tahthing » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:24 pm

i had a mage for a hero once
half my army was trapped in a cage being lowerd in to lava (don't ask how) so i decided to try to teleport them out it failed and instead of teleporting them out i teleported my hero and all my other troops except one into the cage aswell.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Previous

Return to Reports From the Field